PC Killer Mains, Be Honest…

Do any of you tunnel console players out the game when you need to shift the momentum in your favor? No judgement will be passed.

Ever since the reset on the 13th, I’ve noticed a blatant pattern of killers with Lethal Pursuit tending to go after me first, if I’m the only console player. Then they usually tunnel me out. Then there are killers who don’t run LP, but they will go after me if we are in a group- even though I’m farthest away (no, not running into a dead zone) and they initially were targeting someone else. I’m also noticing killers breaking chase with PC survivors, and returning to the area they last saw me in, or believe I may be currently in. I just recently starting to observe this behavior in the past week, and within the last 24 hours it’s been pretty flagrant. It has got to the point where I don’t even let my teammates heal me, so that I can either immediately hide or run away from the area- in fear the killer will return. And sure enough, more than ever- they’ve been returning and looking for me. Very frustrating.

Any survivor mains who happen to come up on this thread, please do not chastise any killers who can attest to this. By them coming forward, it at least gives us confirmation that it’s hunting season on console players, and that we need to adjust accordingly when we are the only console in the lobby. Then again, I could just be paranoid or on a really bad streak of no luck…

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816633#Comment_2816633

    Some people think most console players are at a disadvantage due to MnK, so they will be easier to take out. There have been a few comments in here alluding to that. I’ll be honest, I’m kind of leaning in that direction. Take the house of pain for instance, the not so good one with the window closed at the top of the stairwell leading towards the back of the house. When you get to the top of the stairwell, there is an open window on the right, however there is a couch/chair(?) a few feet in front of it. PC players can fast vault that with ease while in chase, but console players have to be a little bit more precise with analog sticks. Someone above said console players tend to 360 slower than PC players, which I imagine to be easier to track. And there are other little things too that add up.

    I recognize however they’re not the end all be all factors, and there are plenty of godlike console players that can run circles with the best of PC’s elite.

    So I've played DBD on both PC and XBox. Yes, I also think Survivor have a small advantage with MnK. However, at the end of the day, playing smart is more important than running all the maze tiles as smoothly as possible. I guess a lot of PC gamers think that consoleros are generally worse gamers. Unfortunately, even some fog whisperers say so. A fact that in my experience has never been confirmed.

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816647#Comment_2816647

    So I've played DBD on both PC and XBox. Yes, I also think Survivor have a small advantage with MnK. However, at the end of the day, playing smart is more important than running all the maze tiles as smoothly as possible. I guess a lot of PC gamers think that consoleros are generally worse gamers. Unfortunately, even some fog whisperers say so. A fact that in my experience has never been confirmed.

    Oh yea definitely subjective. I was curious to see if there were quite a few people who felt this way and if it contributed to them tunneling console players. Based on the responses here, I can see that’s not the cases. Some players have posted here and admitted to it (and I’m grateful for their honesty), but they’re in the minority. Most players don’t pay attention to what platform everyone is on. There were even a few that said they believe console players are weaker, but they still wouldn’t tunnel them for it. If it happens it happens whenever they need to remove the weakest link. I get it.

    Again i want to thank everyone for their input. A bit paranoia on my part. Just was on a really bad streak and i couldn’t figure out for the life of me why killers breaking off other survivors just to hunt me down. I think I was just the weak link and they needed someone out ASAP. I think it just ties in to the influx of tunneling and camping killers have been doing to compete.

  • I'm not a killer main, but I can confirm I never do this when I play killer. I don't care if you're on PC or console.

  • @MandyTalk I’m satisfied with the responses here. Everyone has been insightful. Could I trouble you to close please? :)

  • @Bartlaus said:

    Why should players on other platforms get different treatment? Aren't we all playing the same game?

    Actually, it's the results of people treated equally, even if platform itself is an hinderance, they will be tunneled if they play badly.

    and, cs (esp switch) players tend to play badly, it's like a jinx.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @KerJuice said:

    Do any of you tunnel console players out the game when you need to shift the momentum in your favor? No judgement will be passed.

    Ever since the reset on the 13th, I’ve noticed a blatant pattern of killers with Lethal Pursuit tending to go after me first, if I’m the only console player. Then they usually tunnel me out. Then there are killers who don’t run LP, but they will go after me if we are in a group- even though I’m farthest away (no, not running into a dead zone) and they initially were targeting someone else. I’m also noticing killers breaking chase with PC survivors, and returning to the area they last saw me in, or believe I may be currently in. I just recently starting to observe this behavior in the past week, and within the last 24 hours it’s been pretty flagrant. It has got to the point where I don’t even let my teammates heal me, so that I can either immediately hide or run away from the area- in fear the killer will return. And sure enough, more than ever- they’ve been returning and looking for me. Very frustrating.

    Any survivor mains who happen to come up on this thread, please do not chastise any killers who can attest to this. By them coming forward, it at least gives us confirmation that it’s hunting season on console players, and that we need to adjust accordingly when we are the only console in the lobby. Then again, I could just be paranoid or on a really bad streak of no luck…

    I can confirm three things for you:

    - I tunnel anytime I feel it will help me win, which is often

    - I have rarely had the luxury of identifying a player specifically by their platform and then choosing to tunnel that player because of their platform

    - Even if I did have that luxury, I do not believe console survivors are much different from PC survivors. I target the old and sickly antelopes, not their hardware.

  • I'm far too disorganised to keep track of who is console and who is pc.

  • I don't discriminate based on console. But god have mercy on your soul if youre a bunny Feng.

  • Closed at the OP's request

1 2 ›