Object of obsession
I was using this perk today and it seemed to have no use at all other than getting me tunneled. So I was wondering if I am using it wrong or is it as bad as I think it is?
I was using this perk today and it seemed to have no use at all other than getting me tunneled. So I was wondering if I am using it wrong or is it as bad as I think it is?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Originally, it was meant to be paired with Sole Survivor, so as the match progressed you would be able to see the killer, but the killer wouldnt. Then they changed Sole Survivor, but I believe the previous version was more powerful.
In the end, Object of Obsession pays off if you are good at chases, because you WILL get found.Tunnelled, that depends on luck and the killer, but you still need to be good at chases.
but you still need to be good at chases.
Oh thanks I might use it to get better at chases then.
Object of Obsession basically makes you bait for your team. Killer knows where you are, so they'll be tempted to chase you instead of anyone else if you are their only visible target. You'll be buying time for the rest of your team but you'll have to be good at chases/stealth to avoid being found. It also scales according to the killer's terror radius so your aura will remain visible for considerably closer range to killers with smaller/no terror radius.
You can avoid being detected by looking away from the killer's direction when you see them turning to face your direction. It's a steep learning curve to figure out how to manipulate when the killer can see you.
It's the go-to perk for toxic SWF teams.
I survive quite often with it due to playing cautious and being able to track the Killer at nearly all times without being seen yourself is immensely powerful for hatch games.
I'm not surprised killers tunnel them. They're relaying the killers position to the entire team at all times. They have to go.
I am a solo survivor so I didn't think about that but it makes sense.
I'd stop taking OoO to be honest. Its really not a great perk.
Doing Adept Laurie was a nightmare. I guess it works out for more talented loopers.
On the other hand, it's sweet when a survivor is using OoO, and I have Dying Light
OoO is a troll perk. 4 men SWF use it to give the advantage to everyone by using the voice com but the drawback remains on one player.
And of course people that WANT TO get chased, because they know they are good looper. Combined with DS and/or insta med kits it is to troll the killer and waste his time.
And here we have the core problem of the game.
Survivor find it "enjoyable" to get chased.
They do not "fear" the killer at all.
The killer is no real threat to them, but just a toy to play with, because it is "fun".
The way you want killers to be feared promotes a dull boring game that a large portion of the community is not interested in. Dbd started out intended as a stealth focus game but the minute players started playing they found something more exciting. A game of wits and map knowledge which both sides can now largely both game.
That is YOUR PoV. I hate playing ring around the rosie or pig in the middle.
I want the survivor to be afraid of getting chased.
Instead they are following me.
Perks like BBQ, Whispers, etc. exist, because the killer is on a tight time schedule and can't afford wasting his time searching empty areas. Getting an idea on where to even search is needed, because the game goes to fast (gen rush).
Make the game slower and we could get rid of those things.
I understand your perspective of wanting that kinda power trip of being a force others hide from but even in the game of ring around a rosie you can dominate and scare survivours. Enduring and spirit fury for instance creates a massive oh crap moment that allows you to put fear into the hearts of your enemies nurse and spirit is your answer if you want to force stealth. The thing about the horror genre is not every survivour is a screaming coward.
A lot of them are badass survivours who take the fight to the killer. Ash from evil dead, laurie from halloween, quentin from nightmare on elm street etc.
i wish this perk was changed it is so easily abused by sfw sqauds
Actually I have some fun atm with my Wraith build BS/End/SF/Bamboozle.
Survivor seem to hate it.
Although it is a petty shallow/one dimensional build.
add windstorm and the wild dance you will vault faster then a gold medal Olympian
that could work
Yea, but that requires your to constantly cloak and decloak, which in return slows you down.
Wolf74 said:
But Leatherface is soooo frickin weak.
And you do not need BS if you have a chainsaw.
i guess maybe trade out wild dance for the one that uncloaks faster but then pallets are harder to break
I love those perks. Laurie actually has the most powerful perks in the game
OoO = incoming camp & tunnel
killers hate going against this perk.
the reasoning for this would be, that this is often used combined with SWF in order to tell everyone where the killer is and what he is doing, so killers will assume you are SWF with the others and constantly giving away their position, so they will want to get rid of you as fast as possible.