Repressed alliance buff idea

I actually like repressed alliance but I feel like it could get more use if you could choose to deactivate it on your own.

For those unfamiliar with the perk, I believe at tier 3 you have to work on a gen for 40 seconds to make the perk available. Once it's active, you can block a generator for 30 seconds from being touched, even by things like scourge hook which don't physically require the killer to be near you.

It would be cool if you could activate it and then deactivate it at will. The trade off of course is that you would still need to work on a gen for another 40 seconds to get it back, but it might save your gen from Scourge Hook, Eruption, or whatever that Demorgorgon perk is that explodes gens within a certain radius of downing someone. Would that be too strong of a perk?

Comments

  • Cheryl's perks have a neat idea behind them, that being that she is literally using the entities/the killer's power to make stuff happen, but I wish they would do something unique with that concept, like when she touches a regressing gen, she see's the killers aura or something, not giving the killer a free blocked gen.

  • That would be nice! That would also be a good addition with a suggestion I had a while back:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295805/what-if-repressed-alliance-could-also#latest

  • @Mazoobi said:

    That would be nice! That would also be a good addition with a suggestion I had a while back:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295805/what-if-repressed-alliance-could-also#latest

    I like your idea too (although as some people said, it wouldn't do much good against Corrupt because by the time you built it up, realistically, Corrupt would almost be over)

  • honestly, I think the perk is fine as it is. If you can coordinate with it or even call out what the killer's perks are, you're able to deny them scourge hook procs, ruin value, surge and pop value just by blocking the gen at the right time. A friend of mine and I tend to use RA with blast mine to bm the killer by letting them kick the gen and then blocking it in their face afterwards. Nothing's sweeter than taking a killer's pop away from them and the amount of dcs we've had because of it are the reason I keep playing the build

  • My problem with this perk is that if its only super helpful if you lose the chase with the killer that finds you on your gen NEAR that gen. It stops them from downing you kicking it, then picking you up. I wish it had some additional utility in some way, maybe being a 'you use it on this gen, when its kicked it doesn't regress' or 'when you use it on this gen when its kicked it gets blocked instead of damaged and everyone sees the aura of it'

    I love the perk its in my current rotation, but more often then not I dont get to use it, and when I do half the time the killer just hooks and waits.

  • With the new DMS buff and meta, it should let you use your built up time to unblock a gen blocked by the killer too. Perhaps at the expense of revealing it in a yellow aura to the killer.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    With the new DMS buff and meta, it should let you use your built up time to unblock a gen blocked by the killer too. Perhaps at the expense of revealing it in a yellow aura to the killer.

    I mean that just gonna make killers to go there and DMS reactivated.