Game latency
Waiting for the problem to be solved or mitigated at the root, I ask the developers to associate the ping meter in the lobby with a special automatic block, which prevents access to the game when latency exceeds the limits of playability, calculated according to objective parameters: it is unacceptable to be teleported remotely meters back and forth, failing even to align with a window to perform a vault... It's not funny for the killer nor for survivors: time, resources and pips completely wasted.
Comments
The connections are fine. Look at the ping before the match starts.
If you simply leave a game that isn't green, you will have zero problems. If you're walking into red games which sometimes you get excellent games, you're asking for it and have no one to blame. Some snakes are friendly, doesn't mean I'm gonna play with them all and get upset when I get bit.
once a night a might get one green game.
(this is the only game I play that has that issue)
9/10 games i join are at least yellow if not green. Only time I've ever had lag issues is going into a red game because i was afk at lobby.
I like how everyone is saying colors and not the actual ping.
It usually spikes when someone joins/attempts to join the lobby. It settles down a few seconds. If it's still bad ping after 5-10 seconds after everyone joins, it likely isn't a good lobby to play.
And the fact of the matter is, if you are consistently getting lobbies with bad ping, then not many people are playing the game within hundreds of miles of you.
60-100 ping btw. P2P games are trash 😂
Green ping isn't a 100% indication, that you won't face latency issues or lagspikes. I live in central Europe and experience my fair share of them. And it's kinda annoying when you have suddenly to guess, if you can make the pallet drop or not, or when you get a vault hit 2 or 3 seconds after you left that vault spot. Or you experience serious lag eacht ime the killer tries to hit. And let's not start about Nurse and her animations, while or after blinking, which have a tendency to bug out as well. The worst hting I faced was a doctor, who had a green ping in the lobby and as soon as the game started everything horribly lagged the entire game...
If I'm quite honest to you the biggest isse survivors can complain about is the P2P/netcode issues. There is stuff that just unreliable to use or to predict with unstable connections.
I've been playing this game long enough to know otherwise. Maybe you're in a terribly small area of the world and out of the norm, otherwise it's more people blaming lag for getting hit instead of owning their own mistakes.
You shouldn't just look at the color of the ping indicator, but also at the value(s) it does show you.
Look at how these values change over time.
But even considering these basic rules, you might still end up in a laggy game.