Do Blights still use the same build?
The Hex: Ruin, Hex: Undying, Tinkerer and BBQ? Because boy do I have a build for you.
Lethal Pursuer- Perfect to get that first hit
Pop Goes the Weasel- You already know for what ;)
BBQ- Good for Bloodpoints and survivor locations
Pain Resonance- This + PGTW is so amazing.
No need to worry about you Hexes getting cleansed early game, it’s up to you if you will get use out of these perks.
40% off generators and small chases, they will never get the generators finished. I am a mediocre Blight and have been doing really well with this build. It is so nasty.
Feel free to use any add ons, I am still playing him add-on less, he feels pretty good that way.
Comments
I just can't get behind scourge hooks. Maybe if they made basement hooks scourge hooks by default. It's like the RNG of ruin but without the game changing regression of ruin. And it also makes a basement hook a disadvantage to use.
Lethal Pursuer also is eh, I usually don't find it worth it unless you plan on tunneling someone to death. Otherwise it doesn't actually save you ~that~ much time especially as blight. Alot of the times you can find people in your first rush chain anyways. Unless you actually land the hit with it, it's a wasted perk slot alot of the time. I do discordance for early game tracking all the way.
I have been doing Ruin, Pop, Enduring, Spirit Fury along with Compound 33 + Blighted Crow and have yet to find a more fun build to run on him.
I never run addonless, don't see the point. At a minimum id probably stack recovery addons.
I prefer, bbq, pain resonance, dms, agi
Scourge Hooks are in my view one of the most consistant gen regression perks in the game if you don't struggle to down survivors. It has no cooldown, making exchanges/slugging very rewarding for the perk. Not to mention it heavily helps killers with low mobility exert map pressure which is especially important when all 4 survivors are still alive
In my time using the perk since it came out, I've found the Scourge hook RNG is usually pretty good overall - I've only once had a time where they weren't spread evenly across the map
Yes, they unfortunately still do.
I mean I think that is Pop. Scourge hooks frequently spawn too far from the places I am downing people to ever use them. Even worse if I am on a weaker killer and have cleared out the pallets in one area, and then there is no scourge hook nearby. Then I have created a dead zone where I want to get downs at but cannot use my perk in.
I had a map just earlier today where I tried it out again, and it was Mother's Dwelling. It was as Clown against some main building humpers and the God window spawned in so I basically had to avoid that section of the map like the plague. But guess what? All my scourge hooks were over there so I was down a perk the whole game. Woulda got more use out of pretty much any other perk.
So I get games like that and stop using it.
My problem with Pop is I don't typically play the higher mobility killers so I have to haul myself from a hook all the way to a gen that's usually far away and by the time I get there it's too late. Scourge Hook + Pop is the best combo for this since it's best of both worlds
I understand what you mean though, you're totally right that maps and RNG screw over scourge hook perks. I've not had bad experiences with them myself but if you have then I'm sure I will as well eventually.
I'd say it's more consistant than Hexes, not as strong though.
I mean it's nice when it works but sometimes it just totally falls apart. Indoor maps are horrible for it, and Boil Over users also can severely limit your hook choices.
I mostly play high mobility killers these days so pop is my go-to. Billy, Blight, Wraith; and then my favorite low mobility killers are Pyramid Head / Bubba both of which can just pop a nearby gen and return to the hook rather than having to get into the next chase. Pyramid Head especially doesn't want to go too far since he can tunnel tormented people off the hooks for free.
I suppose it's down to difference in killer choices, I've been playing a lot of Nemesis lately and I've found a neat trick with it that's been fun
The scourge hook perk techincally causes zombies to be attracted to the generator that blows up, which as you can imagine is super useful in making zombies actually do something instead of hugging a tree all game
I could see it. The shattered stars badge actually makes the zombies stupid fast if you have an ink ribbon to go with it. I usually try to play Nemesis with a map offering to avoid the maps that glitch the zombies out the most (swamp, red forest, etc).
Though I prefer Pyramid Head to Nemesis since Nem is more about flicking the tentacle and Phead is more about just zoning the crap out of people which is easier to execute consistently imo.
I enjoy Pyramid Head a lot as well, I just hate how janky his power feels sometimes
It feels like there's some kind of animation bug where the 'fire' animation is faster/slower randomly when you use punishment of the damned. Not sure if you've ever experienced it but it's weird
The tentacle flick with Nemesis is super fun to use, I love it.
Pop is still there for backup if you can’t get scourge hooks. And Lethal just feels good to have. I feel like these perks are all a Blight needs tbh.
I would still like see the Devs buff Scourge Hooks though.
My buff would be, You start the trial with 4 stacks. Each stack is reduced by 1 when the killer hooks a survivor on a hook, that hook will then change to a Scourge hook + gain the scourge hook effect.
This will remove the RNG aspect of it and let the killer decide where to place their Scourge Hooks on the map.
His add-ons feel pretty powerful, especially Alchemist Ring. I just do it to give survivors a fair match. I do the same with Twins so they won’t DC.
I have yet to try PR and DMS together. Looks pretty good.
As for Agitation, I am not going to lie its pretty solid. Would be nice if it was buffed to increase pick up speed.
i run shadowborn, lethal pursuer, bbq and infectious. gen slowdown is boring imo.
Plus in the case of this op you can be a mediocre killer and have your perks boost you.
Havent seen a Blight with sheep build in a while. But according to these forums, thats only thing they run.
OR! They can use my build :o
They don't use it as much anymore, PR is the new meta if you can't play an S tier killer without slowdowns ;o
Stop running slowdown on blight. All you need is the blue skin and bbq infectious. You’re welcome
I haven't seen a Blight using this build in a while, at least not with Tinkerer, it seems like it lost a lot of popularity.
Pyramid Heads greatest power IMHO is not actually using his power, but just threatening with it.
You zone them towards a pallet, you lower your cleaver, they run past the pallet. Like 97% of the time. Or with window vaults; they might bait it, but agree most often too scared to actually make the jump, so be ready and just smack em.
In most of my Pyramid Head matches I rarely fire off a shot, but I constantly threaten to do so. Luckily most survivors don't know how clunky it aims :D
You're obviously free to play as you want, but eh, it sounds as interactive as spirit standing still in front of a pallet, top tier mindgames really.
This is why I really dislike going against PH, Nemesis and (old?) Deathslinger: just fake your power and get a free down
Thats 2020 PH you are talking about. His "faking" was nerfed and the time needed to recover from it is enough for survivor to get away anyways.
Nah, it's not. If you fake vaulting a window, spin and still get the fast vault, he has enough time to let go of M2 and M1 you instead . His faking power was barely touched, and any PH that knows what they're doing can efficiently zone and fake as much as before
the Blights I go against tend to run those same builds.
I use LP, shadowborne, bbq and pop but your build sounds million times better
no need to be a dick about it
"I am a mediocre Blight and have been doing really well with this build"
I'm being a dick for essentially saying what the op said?
oh i'm an idiot lmao. my bad then