Hangman's Trick Rework
Hangman's Trick
Gain a Loud Noise Notification whenever a Survivor begins sabotaging a Hook.
- You can see the Auras of survivors within 5 meters of a hook.
- All survivors have a 20% penalty for Sabotaging.
- Sabotaged hooks will respawn 80% faster.
EDIT: I increased the aura reading range and replaced the Exposed Status Effect with a 20% penalty. Because I realised that the Exposed Status Effect wouldn't do anything most of the time. I also changed the respawn time reduction from 70% to 80%.
Comments
This seems even worse than the current Hangman's Trick. Even if they've got four Toolboxes in the lobby, there's no guarantee that they intend to use them to sabotage.
15 seconds of exposed is too short. I’d bump it up to at least 30.
Yeah, most people take the hit first then sabo. You need to factor in the stun time on killer, and the chase time. I think it'd be better if you see their aura for 10 seconds after they sabo.
You're using a whole slot just to prevent hooks from disappearing. Here's my suggestion.
How is it worse? The current Hangman's Trick literally does nothing apart from giving you a noise notification when someone starts to sabo a hook, and that's not that useful. This version actually does something more than give you noise notifications. It's still a bad perk, but it's not useless.
Yea that's true. making them Exposed is probably unnecessary.
Because sabotaging is not something you can reliably predict happening until it is too late to equip the perk, so you're basically just blindly equipping it and hoping for the best. For the vast majority of matches, the perk will just be that first ability, which is worse than current Hangman's Trick.
Imo, hangman should interact with scourge hook rather than countering sabotage, because it seems too redundant with others perks.