PC - Using Overcome with Endurance does not give Exhaustion.

When using Overcome, if you are hit with the Endurance effect active (either by Borrowed Time or a Styptic Agent) Exhaustion does not trigger and other Exhaustion perks can still be used.

Tagged: BHVRNot a Bug

Comments

  • I'm a bit confused about this. Overcome should only trigger when you lose a health state, so it shouldn't work with Endurance anyway. So you shouldn't get the extra speed boost length and you wouldn't become exhausted.

    Do you have any video to show Overcome working in these situations?

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm a bit confused about this. Overcome should only trigger when you lose a health state, so it shouldn't work with Endurance anyway. So you shouldn't get the extra speed boost length and you wouldn't become exhausted.

    Do you have any video to show Overcome working in these situations?

    Hey mandy, I took a quick look at the DBD wiki and they've got a video showcasing it:

    Overcome is a Teachable Perk unique to Jonah Vasquez . It can be unlocked for all other Characters from Level 30 onwards: Descriptions may vary from their in-game version for reasons explained here.Wiki Descriptions support Mouse-over in Desktop View: hover your mouse cursor over the modifier words (or highlight them) to have a tool-tip reveal their values.Mobile View displays the values in small print after the modifier words. Overcome can also be activated when the Survivor is already Injured

    In the videos section there's a clip showcasing using it while injured. Hopefully this is what you're looking for

  • Thank you @Brokenbones I can't see by the timer on that, as I've just taken my lenses out (technically finished work lol). But I've passed that to QA, I'm wondering how that happened as it's definitely not intended to proc when already injured.


    (and you are a star for finding that <3 )

  • Apologies if it wasn't clear! I did mean that Overcome is activating, but the exhaustion isn't. The clip below is when I noticed it in game, and I know for a fact that I indeed had the extra distance from the run speed, and the perk didn't grey out either to indicate that I couldn't use Overcome anymore.

    https://youtu.be/QAvkWouFq-s

  • @QueenEvaine said:

    Apologies if it wasn't clear! I did mean that Overcome is activating, but the exhaustion isn't. The clip below is when I noticed it in game, and I know for a fact that I indeed had the extra distance from the run speed, and the perk didn't grey out either to indicate that I couldn't use Overcome anymore.

    https://youtu.be/QAvkWouFq-s

    What were your other two perks there, I can make out Overcome and Bond, but not sure of the other two?

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm a bit confused about this. Overcome should only trigger when you lose a health state, so it shouldn't work with Endurance anyway. So you shouldn't get the extra speed boost length and you wouldn't become exhausted.

    Do you have any video to show Overcome working in these situations?

    Sorry to intrude with my question, you said the perk procs on health loss, why does the perk proc on Nemesis Tentacle and Feral Frenzy? Is that how it's meant to be? Once again I apologize. Should I create a separate thread for this?

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2798122#Comment_2798122

    What were your other two perks there, I can make out Overcome and Bond, but not sure of the other two?

    Kindred and Borrowed Time are the last two!

  • @FeryGEN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2796922#Comment_2796922

    Sorry to intrude with my question, you said the perk procs on health loss, why does the perk proc on Nemesis Tentacle and Feral Frenzy? Is that how it's meant to be? Once again I apologize. Should I create a separate thread for this?

    Overcome should only proc if a health state is lost, so from injured to Healthy - anything else definitely sounds like a bug to me (of course QA would be the better judges of that), it's definitely worth making a bug report on it, if you've got video of that happening, the video is so helpful in showing the issues.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2798891#Comment_2798891

    Overcome should only proc if a health state is lost, so from injured to Healthy - anything else definitely sounds like a bug to me (of course QA would be the better judges of that), it's definitely worth making a bug report on it, if you've got video of that happening, the video is so helpful in showing the issues.

    I also think that this perk should work with the loss of health, and I was very surprised that it also works from a deep wound on a wounded survivor. If the video can still be added, then of course I will add it. Thank you.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2798891#Comment_2798891

    Overcome should only proc if a health state is lost, so from injured to Healthy - anything else definitely sounds like a bug to me (of course QA would be the better judges of that), it's definitely worth making a bug report on it, if you've got video of that happening, the video is so helpful in showing the issues.

    Just a small correction - I believe you meant from healthy to injured!

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2800306#Comment_2800306

    Just a small correction - I believe you meant from healthy to injured!

    it was deliberate to see if anyone was paying attention of course :)

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2825717#Comment_2825717

    it was deliberate to see if anyone was paying attention of course :)

    A Bug I noticed in the overcome perk is that its icon appears activated even when you are in exhaustion, by logic it should be deactivated indicating that it is out of use, perk like Sprint burst and Dead Hard deactivate when they are in exhaustion, so I believe that the fact that the overcoming perk doesn't disable when exhausted is in fact a programming bug in this case.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm a bit confused about this. Overcome should only trigger when you lose a health state, so it shouldn't work with Endurance anyway. So you shouldn't get the extra speed boost length and you wouldn't become exhausted.

    Do you have any video to show Overcome working in these situations?

    I would prefer that you let the perk work with endurance too, it would be very good to escape bubba's saw when being saved from the hook, I don't like it when you create these restrictions that we need to discover in the middle of the game, the ideal was or do with the overcoming to work whenever it took a hit without being knocked down (which I would think is ideal) or you specify better in the perk, the explanations are very poorly informed, don't get me wrong, I'm being honest