Do Devs even bother with griefing reports ?

Had a buncha survivors body block a hook in endgame two weeks ago. Happened to be Twitch streaming at the time, so managed to get a video highlight and shared it with Devs. Nothing ...

Had another one today where the ENTIRE team was CONSISTENTLY body blocking all match, which made it ZERO fun for me. Turned ON Twitch streaming after the first instance where all 3 of the ones I hadn't hooked were doing it. Reported it again (hopefully stream won't get expired in meantime) ... will the Devs bother to look ?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • Survivors body blocking hooks (or body blocking to protect another survivor during a chase) is intended gameplay and does not count as griefing. Reportable body blocking is when survivors body block another survivor to prevent them from participating in the game or to give them to the killer, or when the killer body blocks a survivor for an extended amount of time and prevents them from participating in the game.

    Starstruck and Mad Grit are perks specifically designed to counter survivors body blocking hooks. Devs wouldn't make perks to counter something that's a reportable offense.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Survivors body blocking hooks (or body blocking to protect another survivor during a chase) is intended gameplay and does not count as griefing. Reportable body blocking is when survivors body block another survivor to prevent them from participating in the game or to give them to the killer, or when the killer body blocks a survivor for an extended amount of time and prevents them from participating in the game.

    Starstruck and Mad Grit are perks specifically designed to counter survivors body blocking hooks. Devs wouldn't make perks to counter something that's a reportable offense.

    REALLY ? How the the actual () is it supposed to be 'intended gameplay' ? I've played against some toxic survivor teams before, but this was literally ZERO fun (and if I hadn't had Lightborn perk their flashlight pestering would have been super-annoying too - THAT I'll pay as a 'legit' tactic though) and I guessed it would be that after the first hook (which is why I fired Twitch up ... wouldn't have bothered otherwise, but I guessed I'd need to report) :(

  • @jensenterminator said:

    Had a buncha survivors body block a hook in endgame two weeks ago. Happened to be Twitch streaming at the time, so managed to get a video highlight and shared it with Devs. Nothing ...

    Had another one today where the ENTIRE team was CONSISTENTLY body blocking all match, which made it ZERO fun for me. Turned ON Twitch streaming after the first instance where all 3 of the ones I hadn't hooked were doing it. Reported it again (hopefully stream won't get expired in meantime) ... will the Devs bother to look ?

    Yes we do take griefing reports seriously.

    However, what you have described is not griefing. Survivors attempting to stop you from hooking a team mate is perfectly valid gameplay. As a killer you can choose to hit the survivors, drop the person you're carrying - you have quite a few options. There are even perks to help with this, such as Star Struck etc.