See Killers perks after scrifice?

Why, after I am sacrificed, am I not allowed to see the perks and add ons the Killer has been using? If I want to know, I have to wait for the match to finish...

I play solo (sad times...). I get that an SWF could then share this info with each other, but the game must know that I'm not SWF. Besides, I don't like the fact that SWFs can communicate anyway, but it is what it is, I get it, but nobody seems worried about them communicating in game, so why are we worried about them sharing the Killer's perk info? Or is there some other reason for players to not be allowed to see the perks?

Comments

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    If the player is solo queue then I don't see any harm in showing them the killer's perks before the match ends. Like what are they reasonably going to do once that information is revealed? Somehow message the other players mid game to tell them this information? That sounds ridiculous.

    Literally exactly that. It's as easy as taking a screenshot and PMing another player, on Steam.

    No need to give Survivors yet another way to cheat; they already have voice-chat and stretched res.

  • @mad_hatter said:

    Why, after I am sacrificed, am I not allowed to see the perks and add ons the Killer has been using? If I want to know, I have to wait for the match to finish...

    I play solo (sad times...). I get that an SWF could then share this info with each other, but the game must know that I'm not SWF. Besides, I don't like the fact that SWFs can communicate anyway, but it is what it is, I get it, but nobody seems worried about them communicating in game, so why are we worried about them sharing the Killer's perk info? Or is there some other reason for players to not be allowed to see the perks?

    Because swfs can cheat and tell their friends the killer has a perk or perks. That's why!!!

  • Another reason this game will never have any semblance of balance.

  • @mad_hatter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2792887#Comment_2792887

    Is that really possible? How long would it take to find your teammates? This game is still pretty highly populated, surely just randomly getting matched with friends is unlikely...

    Of course, randos can always form a party, but not once have I ever had that happen to me...

    "On the count of three we all hit the button. 1.2.3 and goooo! Uh, didn't work, ok, again!" and eventually it works out. Never tried it, but that's how it works with most other games like this.

  • @mad_hatter said:

    Why, after I am sacrificed, am I not allowed to see the perks and add ons the Killer has been using? If I want to know, I have to wait for the match to finish...

    I play solo (sad times...). I get that an SWF could then share this info with each other, but the game must know that I'm not SWF. Besides, I don't like the fact that SWFs can communicate anyway, but it is what it is, I get it, but nobody seems worried about them communicating in game, so why are we worried about them sharing the Killer's perk info? Or is there some other reason for players to not be allowed to see the perks?

    it's pretty easy to guess the killer's perks mid game. if you can't identify the last perk, its probably noed.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2792880#Comment_2792880

    How do you imagine him telling that to his soloQ teammates? You just replied to the thread without actually reading what the OP said, the title was enough for you, didn't you?


    @mad_hatter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2792903#Comment_2792903

    No. My preference, as I mostly play killer, would be for SWFs to not be able to communicate at all. But I know that's not possible, so I accept it.

    But the game absolutely must know that I am not in a party. So as a solo survivor, it would be nice to see the Killer's perks after I die, so I can maybe learn a thing or two about how I lost...


    You don't have to be SWF to communicate with other survivors. I've had other PlayStation players send me invitations to join their party when they see me in the lobby. We weren't even friends much less SWFing.

    Either you want to see the killer's perks badly enough to wait for the match to end, or you want to move on to the next match. If it shows the killer's perks before the match ends, it can hurt the killer's experience. It wasn't fair on killers to do that just to satisfy a solo survivor's impatient curiosity.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/308984/see-killers-perks-after-scrifice

    it's pretty easy to guess the killer's perks mid game. if you can't identify the last perk, its probably noed.

    I'm honestly surprised more people don't do this. Whenever I play killer, i have to keep track of everyones exhaustion perks, hook states, whether they have spine chill, DS, BT, or any other situational perks they might be running, and completely guessing at what information perks they have (or comms, technically.)

    I do the same as survivor. If i see gens blocked at the start, i know one perk is corrupt, meaning they can only have 3 others. I see ruin, we're down to 2. Its similar mental notes that need to be taken, but only for 1 player instead of 4.

  • Why not? Because it is a waste of development team time.

1 2 ›