Scourge hooks should not be able to be sabotaged

Basically the title. Scourge Hooks should not have the ability to be sabotaged. It's stupid that a survivor can render your perk useless just because they sabotaged your hook. If not that, then at least make sabotaging a Scourge Hook slower.

Comments

  • Nah. Saboutage is terrible, and Scourge Hooks are in a very strong place right now. If survivors are good enough to work out which ones are Scourge Hooks then they deserve that as it's the only realistic counterplay to those perks.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    Nah. Saboutage is terrible, and Scourge Hooks are in a very strong place right now. If survivors are good enough to work out which ones are Scourge Hooks then they deserve that as it's the only realistic counterplay to those perks.

    You don't need counters to killer perks though, they are no stronger than pop thus should be buffed.

  • Killers can snuff out boons to temporarily disable them, so why shouldn't survivors be able to temporarily break scourge Hooks?

    Survivors can't even see the aura scourge hooks have mind you, so it's a lot more difficult to deduce which hooks are scourged.

    I compare it to boons because these two mechanics were rolled out very close together as a new mechanic for both sides. If anything I wish we had one more scourge hook because it just doesn't feel like there's ever enough.

  • Sabotage? Wait until more people realize how effective is Breakdown against these hooks.

  • Sabotaging scourge hooks is a great dynamic imo. It’s a counter to these strong perks that’s rarely available or viable

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Sabotage? Wait until more people realize how effective is Breakdown against these hooks.

    I’ve only had that happen once but it actually almost lost me the match

    Jeff meta has begun

  • Definitely not. The only things that I'd change is having a minimum distance between scourge hooks and scourge hooks don't break when someone dies on one.

  • I think it’s fine that they can be sabotaged since the survivors can’t actually see them ahead of time.

    Overall I think the scourge mechanic as a whole is in a pretty good spot. Gift of Pain needs a buff, though.

  • @ukenicky said:

    Killers can snuff out boons to temporarily disable them, so why shouldn't survivors be able to temporarily break scourge Hooks?

    Survivors can't even see the aura scourge hooks have mind you, so it's a lot more difficult to deduce which hooks are scourged.

    I compare it to boons because these two mechanics were rolled out very close together as a new mechanic for both sides. If anything I wish we had one more scourge hook because it just doesn't feel like there's ever enough.

    You and your 3 friends get to run around and choose where you want them. I don't.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790703#Comment_2790703

    You and your 3 friends get to run around and choose where you want them. I don't.

    I play with 1 friend and we rarely use boons but by all means, go off.

    I thought about pitching the idea that killer should be able to choose where their scourge hooks will be but then they'd probably put them all together / in towards the center of maps so that they would always be able to hook people on them for the most part. Personally I think scourges are fine, Pain Resonance is really well designed and how I hope more scourge hooks are designed moving forward.

    Regardless I'm done with this thread it's just another killer-only complaining one 😑 like seriously how often are your scourge hooks getting sabotaged guys this is so niche

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790932#Comment_2790932

    I play with 1 friend and we rarely use boons but by all means, go off.

    I thought about pitching the idea that killer should be able to choose where their scourge hooks will be but then they'd probably put them all together / in towards the center of maps so that they would always be able to hook people on them for the most part. Personally I think scourges are fine, Pain Resonance is really well designed and how I hope more scourge hooks are designed moving forward.

    Regardless I'm done with this thread it's just another killer-only complaining one 😑 like seriously how often are your scourge hooks getting sabotaged guys this is so niche

    Bully squads mostly.