Killer powers that force item drop
Could we please, please, please have the ability to keep our item while also picking temporary items related to a killer's power? Namely right now, the T-Virus cure against Nemesis and the box against Pinhead. It's a major inconvenience to have to remember the specific spot where you drop your item, and spend time going back to get it. And the box needs to be solved repeatedly throughout the trial. Some items are harder to relocate than others too.
Comments
Imagine having counters to Items
I agree. If it's a forced mechanic (box, vaccine, etc) should not have to risk some ######### trying to steal my Med-kit. Should be able to keep your item. Flashbang I understand....Box/Vaccine I do not.
Nemesis I understand, but if you drop Pinhead's box you won't need to remember where, 9 times out of 10 whoever is playing Pinhead will just pick it up and it will teleport away.
As if killers don't already have a handful of perks for that, right?
There's only Franklin's Demise, an Add-on for Bubba and an Add-on for Twins. That's about it
Huh???? Are we playing the same DbD? Overwhelming Presence, Hoarder, Lightborn...
You can't drop Pinhead's box unless he downs you with it. It's either solve, or meander around because you don't want to give a killer free pressure by teleporting on top of you. Or because you can't solve it by the continual harassing of chains. Real fun design.
You did not just mention Overwhelming Presence and Hoarder. Over Presence requires the Item to be used in the Killer's Terror Radius, which no one does, unless they're using a Flashlight.
Hoarder only works on Pinhead, as knowin when someone is useless as no one does that anymore.
Lightborn only works on Items that blind, like Flashlights, Flashbang and Firecrackers.
Those were bad examples for Perks that counter Items
I think the time wasted from remembering and juggling items is intended. Like a built in mini slowdown for that specific killer.
They are all perks that counter items - whether or not you like the degree to which they do is a different question. Lightborn completely negates any blinding effects at all. All it takes is a quarter of a second within TR with OP, and a medkit that would have been a full heal no longer is. Which doesn't really matter too much because Franklin's will just drain the whole item if unattended anyways.
Pinhead loses pressure by teleporting, what are you on about
Survivor tries to solve the box while Pinhead is carrying a downed survivor to a hook, but is unable to solve in time. Pinhead is now directly on top of another survivor to chase without needing to locate them. ?
The Medkit would just leave you with a 1 tap, that's nothing, and Lightborn wroks against the Killer if the Survivors realize that the Killer is using it. "Oh, I can't blind the Killer with my Flashlight, better get on gens"
Which means Pinhead loses a Chain Hunt, is unable to protect the Hook, and now in a considerable worse position as Survivors will do the box in the safest position possible, usually a loop with high walls that removes his Power almost entirely
There are way too many survivors with event medkits/toolbox/flashlight like they are fashion accessories.
Items are really powerful in this game. It is not unfair to have ONE perk (that you need to pay for or be luck finding it in the shop) that counter items.
The cube must be solved quickly, the serum requires 10 seconds to be used, the flash grenade it is your choice to have it or not in your build.
Moreover you have to repair gens, vault windows, throw pallets, fight a killer, i think it is reasonable ask you to have 1 hand free!
I misread the post, I thought you were talking about if Nemesis or Pinhead brought franklin's and that cause you to drop it
What's wrong with people. That's just an item, not your house keys
Or just make it so other survivors unable to pickup item of other survivors, forcing item drop is more or less ability and advantage of killers and should be kept.
Says the guy with Ace in the Hole as his profile picture! ๐คท๐ผโโ๏ธ
Items are very important to survivors. Hence toolboxes and keys getting nerfed hard, and the call for medkit nerfs as well. Survivors can base entire builds off their items, just to have to deal with crap like this or Plague (in the case of medkits). When do I start get to denying killers of their add-ons?
I mean don't make a build around an item if you don't want to get countered by anti-item abilities?
And you can counter any killer addons by just changing tactics, I think.
There is pretty much no uncounterable addons.
Yeah im not using items from my inventory, i just use what i can find in chests, that's why ace in the hole. Items are important? Only medkits are strong and you don't need them because of coh. You will only care for items if you're some type of Noob3 wannabe flashlight toxic nea and you just want to clicky clicky.
Oh and do note killers have basically NO WAY to counter any survivors addons beside perks and those powers, usually they can't do anything to your medkit or toolbox or whatever.
I would be okay with making it so that if a survivor puts an item on the floor they can see its aura until they or someone else picks it up.
This would not apply with franklins though.
You will NEVER be able to deny a killer their addons because this game is a 4 v 1 and the survivors who never play killer always forget that. Killer addons being impacted by one survivor perk means that you now have potentially 4 survivors stacking anti addon perks on top of second chance perks that I know each and every survivor already stack at high mmr (I know because I do it when I swf, so I don't care what people bring when I play killer. I just adapt my killer games according to the things I see brought).
Survivors have never needed items. They (specifically medkits and toolboxes) are still incredibly strong on their own, let alone 4 people stacking the same one. Hell, even a brown medkit is a potentially game changing addition to a game with the potential to still bring a styptic agent, syringe, etc. They're impactful, yes, but they aren't important just because you might need them to survive consistently. Some of us learned how to just run the killer instead