Let me just bring myself to any of the other number of maps Boil Over is abusable on.
Mother's Dwelling
Temple of Purgation
Eryie of Crows
Badham
Thompson House
Disturbed Ward
Father Campbell's Chapel
Ormond
Dead Dawg
Midwich
Ironworks of Misery
Coal Tower
Don't worry guys! At this rate (1 map per week) we should have every map fixed by April 27, 2022!
You missed Lery's. I can't see hooks because of the walls or hook auras because of the perk hiding auras. Nor can I get through the doors. By the time I get to an aura I can see, I've staggered off the map.
While this is great, and I'm glad they addressed this so quickly, there's two things I'm afraid of here.
-The library is still going to be a problem spot due to the balcony's distance from every other part of the map; having a guaranteed hook there still makes it super susceptible to, say, sabotage or Breakdown, and once that hook is destroyed via a sacrifice, it's back to the old problem. People can still do the thing where they force the killer to take 15 minutes bleeding them all out; one person can be hooked, but the rest can't.
-"Hey guys, we patched the worst spot, New Boil Over is fine now"
While this is great, and I'm glad they addressed this so quickly, there's two things I'm afraid of here.
-The library is still going to be a problem spot due to the balcony's distance from every other part of the map; having a guaranteed hook there still makes it super susceptible to, say, sabotage or Breakdown, and once that hook is destroyed via a sacrifice, it's back to the old problem. People can still do the thing where they force the killer to take 15 minutes bleeding them all out; one person can be hooked, but the rest can't.
-"Hey guys, we patched the worst spot, New Boil Over is fine now"
That's a good point! Hopefully they've added 4 hooks in there.
But it's probably only one and they will have just moved one from somewhere else to create another dead zone.
I'm fully convinced its a pride issue at this point. I wonder how many times accurate feedback has been denied over someone being too embarrassed to change something?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Better late than never I guess, shame Nurse is still stuck with her issues but I imagine a lot of survivors are not too sad about that lol
Oh no.
Let me just bring myself to any of the other number of maps Boil Over is abusable on.
Mother's Dwelling
Temple of Purgation
Eryie of Crows
Badham
Thompson House
Disturbed Ward
Father Campbell's Chapel
Ormond
Dead Dawg
Midwich
Ironworks of Misery
Coal Tower
Don't worry guys! At this rate (1 map per week) we should have every map fixed by April 27, 2022!
Lol... I mean, you're not wrong here
Idk why they didn't just killswitch it until they could fix some of the more egregious spots.
Maybe they enjoy seeing the queue times rise?
That map was broken before Boil Over was released, they need to do the other maps too now, and fix it so that controller users can get through doors.
Or you know, stop being stubborn and just revert Boil Over.
That ain't a bug, that's just a gameplay change that they're hiding so survivors don't explode.
Mate, don't get me started. I am still trying to cope with wondering how on earth this insane perk buff made it to live servers in the first place...
You missed Lery's. I can't see hooks because of the walls or hook auras because of the perk hiding auras. Nor can I get through the doors. By the time I get to an aura I can see, I've staggered off the map.
While this is great, and I'm glad they addressed this so quickly, there's two things I'm afraid of here.
-The library is still going to be a problem spot due to the balcony's distance from every other part of the map; having a guaranteed hook there still makes it super susceptible to, say, sabotage or Breakdown, and once that hook is destroyed via a sacrifice, it's back to the old problem. People can still do the thing where they force the killer to take 15 minutes bleeding them all out; one person can be hooked, but the rest can't.
-"Hey guys, we patched the worst spot, New Boil Over is fine now"
That's a good point! Hopefully they've added 4 hooks in there.
But it's probably only one and they will have just moved one from somewhere else to create another dead zone.
I'm fully convinced its a pride issue at this point. I wonder how many times accurate feedback has been denied over someone being too embarrassed to change something?
I just had one hook on the lower area, by the bookshelves, and one upstairs on top by the "walkway" area.