I wish I could go back to the first day playing DBD 😢
Is it just me?
No matter how things seem to go worse, I can't stop liking DBD.
It's worse when I remeber the early days playing this game and how everything seemed to be much more cool, thrilling, fantastic.
The nostalgia is a pain.
Why do we get used to things? I wish I could go back to the first day playing DBD :(
Comments
Its called nostalgia for a reason and its nothing special or new.
Mostly if you get the chance to "revisist" the old game or memory it isnt as good as it was back then.
Best example was world of warcraft, after they implemented the classic servers the vast majority quitted the game after 1 week cuz they got bored of it. Ppl realized that classic wow wasnt as good or "a masterpiece" as they remembered it to be.
And dbd is no exception here trust me.
Same.
Nostalgia gets strong after some time.
I remember playing skylanders trap team for the first time in years and stopped caring in around 15 seconds
It is called getting old.
A lot of things don´t amaze me as much anymore as i have seen a lot of stuff over time. Movies, games.
You get used to it. And the advances are not much in some cases.
New movies - but they are based on an old one i knew... and are worse.
Games as you were a kid - mindblowing (man... Resident Evil, Metal Gear...) / Movies like Matrix LotR...
Nowadays - doesn´t work without a patch, f.ing microtransactions, sh.t writing, bugs and whatnot.
I know what you mean. I think its because when you start theres just a basic character, no perks add ons etc. Its simple gameplay. The whole game revolves around a players skill. The further down the rabbit hole you go the more twisted the game gets with ridiculous extras that cancel eachother out. And with 4v1 you have 4 players perks against 1. Players get bitter and it all gets messy. Then theres the mm system. It would be good if they offered a mode where players can only use a standard character with no load out. But hackers would destroy that too. Chin up.
Its a good concept that got over complicated
I definitely don't, I mean first day of my DbD was genuinely worst experience of all.
If you actually think game was balanced and skillful in old DbD, you clearly haven't played or even know what it was.
As much as I relate on an emotional level, this is exactly why nostalgia should never be a factor in balancing or tweaking a game.
People tend to actively ignore the bad that used to be around because of their fond memories.
I started in october 2021 so i dont know old dbd. All i meant was when i first started it was simpler and i was put up against other players similar level. Just a character without loadout. It felt more balanced. Now its way out of wack from one game to the next. Thats all. Its was more fun when i was a lower level. Sorry for the misunderstanding