The best counter to Boil Over

Iron Grasp (Agitation combine it with Iron Grasp if you must, Starstruck vs overly altruistic survivors, Mad Grit vs bodyblockers, Lightborn vs ######### trying to stun you with flashlight in places where you can't block flashlights)

Use a very bright charm on hooks e.g. Auric Cell charm.

Optional: Use Putrid Oak

That's it really.

I played against a 2 man party, 1 was using a RPD badge offering and another survivor was using a Petrified Oak offering. Now, you can let them die there and once they use their unbreakable, you can quickly down them again but what if you use these perks? You succeed to hook them regardless if they use Boil Over. You have to pick them up real fast though because they most likely use Flip-Flop and convert the recovery progression to wiggle progression.

The biggest pain in the ass though is when they use Breakdown. It's better to leave them on the ground and let them bleed out. If they ######### and complain that you 'slug', don't respond and laugh.

Comments

  • I don't really want to have to run that many type of perks at once outside of a joke build...

    The brightly coloured charm on the hooks idea is pretty big brain though

  • The old work around still works for the wiggle part too.

    You just crab walk to the direction of the wiggle. So, if they wiggle right , turn 90 degrees to the left and strafe right.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    The old work around still works for the wiggle part too.

    You just crab walk to the direction of the wiggle. So, if they wiggle right , turn 90 degrees to the left and strafe right.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-h1dee2S94

    Petition to make Zoidberg the next Killer

  • @Aneurysm said:

    I don't really want to have to run that many type of perks at once outside of a joke build...

    The brightly coloured charm on the hooks idea is pretty big brain though

    How dare you call Basement Bubba a joke. No, it is a form of art; however, I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand.

  • I had a lobby all change to toolboxes at the last second and then burn an Ormond and two of the purple hook offerings. I just AFKed lol

  • For me the biggest pain in the ass is not being able to see the hooks auras that are in range on indoor maps. I just played in Lery's and I just couldn't hook two Boil Over users. They weren't even playing agressively, I just couldnt find hooks that I could actually reach. No auras plus huge drift is bad enough even without the drop adding wiggle.

    It's really frustrating and I really hope they adjust this perk tomorrow, although I doubt they will as they usually only fix bugs.