Did anyone actually have a hard time during the no bloodlust weekend?

I cant lie by far one of the most annoying things in dbd is dying to some bloodlust 3 trillion killer that just gets handed the win because they are to stubborn to chase someone else and get 17000% speed and don't get me wrong i understand why they still have bloodlust its a bit of a noob helper and there are certain situations where the maps are extremely unbalanced and you kind of need it but i seriously cant remember the last time i bloodlusted someone that wasn't a meme, at the most my bloodlust 1 JUST activates when i down someone. So my question here is did anyone who is actually semi decent at the game notice a difference during no bloodlust weekend because personally i remember it being the exact same and i would not be mad if they just took bloodlust out of the game and then maybe even buff pwyf as a bit of an alternative?

Comments

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783258#Comment_2783258

    A killer is faster than a survivor. However, the killer has a bigger hitbox as the survivor, which means that a survivor can hug a wall and loop said wall in a much smaller circle than the killer. This completely negates the killers speed advantage to a point where killers are required the additional speed boost of bloodlust in order to catch up.

    Ironically, that 9 foot tall killer can be body blocked by a 90 pound claudette. When he would really shove her away. But thats a whole different thread.

    As to your last point, I can totally see a Jeff blocking my Amanda Panda easily, while half of the survs dwarf any Legion. Prolly take at least two of em to hook Jane up! ;)

    But yeah the physics of some lil Fengs or Felixes doing a damn thing to a moving Oni is absurd.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783142#Comment_2783142

    i mean yeah MMR's skill metrics are absolutely awful, but you're complaining about winning the chase. Winning a chase doesn't necessarily mean you escaped the chase, it means the killer wasted far more time than you gained for your teammates to complete your shared objective. Your argument against it would apply to a plethora of other issues that need to be addressed as well, so singling out BL is a bad faith argument.

    also, scoring a hit or breaking a pallet resets BL. route to a god pallet and you just reset their speed entirely.

    I gave you a reasoning why complaining about losing a chase because of getting caught after 5 minutes because of bloodlust is reasonable. Now, i agree that the issue is with mmr and not with bloodlust, but it was a problem for a long time, that a person who was chased for 5 minutes depipped, which was partially solved by giving said person a partition of other emblems... i still have no idea what devs were taking, when designing mmr...

  • To answer the original question -- I did notice a difference when Bloodlust was turned off, and I mostly noticed it when I played survivor: suddenly, if I just held W and tried to make distance as much as possible, I would get far enough away that the game would keep dropping chase. It seemed like I got remarkably better at chase, but I actually didn't -- I'm the worst. But being the worst was suddenly rewarded, because I didn't need to play around pallets.

  • The Killer is already going faster than the Survivor and has an extra speed assist if he can't catch him, which is pretty alarming (especially when there are perks like Bamboozle which allow you to block a window and counter a loop) and that sh#t shouldn't exist, because there is no more infinite! When I think that most people on that forum are asking for a Dead Hard nerf, it's a real joke, really. It's a good thing that Dead Hard exists because of the number of assists you have as a Killer. And I hope devs don't listen to all these fu#king babies. Not to mention the number of anti-loop killers who don't give a damn about pallets and windows, which are the survivor's weapon to stay alive.

    And yeah, I'm playing both sides.

    2022-02-01 003507.png


  • i don't remember ever having reached tier 3, tier 1 often but 3? never.

  • I still want a no exhaustion perks weekend where both exhaustion perks AND bloodlust are disabled.

  • I remember watching a dev play Wraith on Haddonfield with no bloodlust. He got infinite looped in the houses. It was glorious.

  • @Ghoste said:

    I remember watching a dev play Wraith on Haddonfield with no bloodlust. He got infinite looped in the houses. It was glorious.

    During the no bloodlust event, we had quite some "infinites". Thats why bloodlust stayed. Because if that test would have shown that killers don´t need it, devs would have already removed it.

  • For the most part Blood Lust only exists to help newer killers anyway. I can't remember the last time I gained BL2 because just breaking something removes it. I think survivors overestimate how much of an effect it has. You're probably very, very rarely hit because of it.

    There's no real reason to remove it and make life harder for new killers. If they're actually getting BL3 then they're losing the match, no reason to kick them when they're down.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783291#Comment_2783291

    As to your last point, I can totally see a Jeff blocking my Amanda Panda easily, while half of the survs dwarf any Legion. Prolly take at least two of em to hook Jane up! ;)

    But yeah the physics of some lil Fengs or Felixes doing a damn thing to a moving Oni is absurd.

    Especially blocking someone while crouching is absurd. But so is getting hit by a chainsaw and still being able to run due to speed limiter. Buuuut i´m getting off topic.

  • Bloodlust is not for people good at the game. However, I am sure some of my tunnel power would leave if they removed it. There are so many broken spots that more or less require it, such as the middle of the flesh pits. If a survivor goes down there, honestly, they should just automatically die. That would literally be balanced, and I am not even joking. You should also get a reward of 1 million blood points for figuring out a way to screw up that badly too.

  • Simply because there is no reason to not have blood lust, removing it only does bad than good.

  • @LastShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783081#Comment_2783081

    Why complain? Because mmr rewards only surviving the trial, anything else is unimportant and if you get bloodlusted then facecamped you will lose mmr, even if everyone else escapes. Therefor you will end up with worse teammates, so your chances of escaping will be lowered. At certain point you can get into elo hell, which escaping is true hell, unless you will constantly play hatch game.

    Correction, hatch wins dont raise MMR

  • I mean, if you die by chase, don't chase.

    did ya know hiding is a skill in this game?

  • You can remove it after fixing the maps and buffing killers overall. Just removing bloodlust is a good way to add a few extra minutes to those survivor queues.

  • Oh no... it's even worse than i thought ;-;

  • I don’t think anyone truly WANTS bloodlust to be in the game. Bloodlust is a necessary evil due to flaws in map design. It’s a bandaid fix plain and simple. I’m sure if the maps were actually fixed the majority of players would be fine with bloodlust being removed.

1 2 ›