Attempting to master Oni- Day 2

Was originally planning to post this at the end of the week, but I had way too much time on my hands today so I figured I should post it now. It'd probably be WAY too long if I waited until next week.

Highlights:

4 Lithe users in the span of 3 games. Quite impressive!

Very interesting game on Midwich. With 5 gens done and no survivors dead, it looked like it was over for me. But I managed to get 2 kills. I counted it as a win because one survivor escaped by way of a key and the other escaped as the last survivor when they opened the exit gate.

A 4k on Blood Lodge had me get my best Blood fury yet, downing 3 survivors in one go. Sadly, I only managed to get one hook off of it.

I learned to bait out jukers, and got an ultra-satisfying Demon Dash that ended with me downing a Dwight on a gen

My quickest and best game was on Suffocation Pit! Everyone was on the ground within one minute, and needless to say it only took one use of Blood Fury to get the win. The survivors were pretty decent, too.

Had an internal debate over whether to prestige. Decided not to.

Beat a team that tried desperately to save a Steve while I still had Blood Fury. Sorry Claudette, Bill, and Yun-Jin, but Steve is MINE!

Completely unrelated but Otz read my comment on stream which was cool I guess

Had a match on Wrecker's Yard that featured a Dwight who could speedhack and instantly finish gens by touching them

Got a harsh does of reality against a team that actually knew how to juke me. Even if I won the game, it showed that I still can't deal with survivors spinning me in demon dash, nor am I good at dealing with loops while demon dashing.

Exact same thing happened the game later on Groaning Storehouse, except this time I lost. Very deflating defeat that proved I still have much to learn on Oni. I think MMR is finally starting to kick in. The bad news is that I still don't have many good perks on Oni.

Stats:

Wins: 17

Losses: 6

Lithe Users: 7

Highest win streak: 13


What I learned/Need to Learn:

I learned how to utilize the control you get over the camera as you start the attack animation with Demon Dash/Strike.

I learned to move backwards against people who try to juke me while I use Demon Strike. However, I cannot apply this to Demon Dash.

I learned that I can strafe rapidly while using Demon Dash to slow down. This can bait out jukers!

I'm trying to learn wall-strafing during demon dash, but it's super disorienting, so I need to work on it.



Thanks for reading this far. I'll be honest here, playing Oni nonstop this much is starting to take its toll. I don't want to give up on this challenge, but I'm really not enjoying him as much as some of the other killers. I might even hit reset and try a different killer. Hag or Bubba, maybe? Maybe even Pig.

Comments

  • I dunno if its just me but whenever i play oni i get a hankering for a delicious boba drink

  • Embrace the ways of Oni. Leave behind that stinky doo-doo head named spirit. >:(

  • Dont give up.

    Its horrible to play it on console, due to amazing flick capabilities. But this is not a game breaker for bhvr.

    Taking off twitch shirts is priority

  • Mad respect for trying to master him. I remember when I first declared that I'm becoming a Trickster one-trick and I haven't broken that vow yet. I think mastering/one-tricking someone only works if you truly love their gameplay, or I'd probably be really bored by now playing the same killer for almost a year now.

  • @Tricksters_Wife said:

    Mad respect for trying to master him. I remember when I first declared that I'm becoming a Trickster one-trick and I haven't broken that vow yet. I think mastering/one-tricking someone only works if you truly love their gameplay, or I'd probably be really bored by now playing the same killer for almost a year now.

    Were you by chance playing Lisa Garland 2 nights ago? Against a Freddy?

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784263#Comment_2784263

    Were you by chance playing Lisa Garland 2 nights ago? Against a Freddy?

    That was probably the other known Trickster's Wife with an apostrophe in their name haha ๐Ÿ˜‚ I usually never stray away from playing Cat Feng and I don't have an apostrophe in my name.

  • @Tricksters_Wife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784298#Comment_2784298

    That was probably the other known Trickster's Wife with an apostrophe in their name haha ๐Ÿ˜‚ I usually never stray away from playing Cat Feng and I don't have an apostrophe in my name.

    Ah ok cause that "Trickster wife" told my buddy some nasty things.

  • Do you record your matches?

    it's a good way of learning from any mistakes you make and might help you in your path to mastery


    Also these threads are really refreshing! I like this kinda stuff

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784304#Comment_2784304

    Ah ok cause that "Trickster wife" told my buddy to "Off himself".

    Oh damn I'm friends with the other one on DBD but a lot of people on steam also have that name. We don't claim them in the Trickster fanclub though ๐Ÿ˜ค but if you ever meet me in game I'm always an overly positive player haha.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Do you record your matches?

    it's a good way of learning from any mistakes you make and might help you in your path to mastery

    Also these threads are really refreshing! I like this kinda stuff

    I'll start doing that!

    I'm trying to decide if I should embrace Bubba or return to Oni at the moment, maybe I'll main them both? I'm still undecided.

  • That's good to see...

    I main Pig so... Playing most other Killers are a different experience