I might have found a soft counter to boil over in rpd
So disclaimer I'm not a 100% sure that this works as i have been lucky and only encountered rpd-boil over once.
What i did was instead of dropping down myself i manually dropped the survivor of the great height.
They still get 25% bonus to wiggle from you dropping them but then they are on the ground and their wiggle bar starts resetting. I waited about 30 seconds and then i could hook that survivor.
I don't know the exact numbers how fast the wiggle bar resets (would be cool if a couple of people who have friends playing this game tested this in kyf) but i assume it's probably going to be the same as gen regression so 1/4th of a second per second
Now i'm aware it's not a perfect solution as it's not easy to do in the first place with all the jerk movements boil over gives, you are still screwed if they have no mither/tenacity/soul guard, you still bassically throw the game with how time consuming this is and like i said i only encountered it once so i'm not even sure if it works.
But i thought i would share this as it's atleast something you can try when survivors try to soft-hostage your game
Comments
I mean, it can work, but it also just shows how bad à perk/map can be when you have to go out of your way to do one of your basic objectives
yeah ppl have already been doin this. problem is you can still accidentally strafe off
It should never have gone live in the first place, at the very least they should have put a hook at the top of the library and this would prevent this exploiting of a broken perk. I had team mates in solo who sent the killer to RPD and abused it in this way, I escaped and didn't even try to save them at the end
Yeah, this whole debacle really showcases how bad hook spawns are more than anything. I do not believe Boil Over would be vaguely complained about if hooks were normalized.
Yeah i agree. I'm not really trying to say boil over is fine.
Just sharing atleast something you can do about it untill they fix it