My thoughts on Springtrap...(why I want him)

Springtrap... A corpse inside of an animatronic body that's trying to kill you, that sounds scary. True springtrap killed children (so did Freddy Krueger) but in FNAF 3 and pizzeria simulator you play as a night guard (surprise 😲 that night guard isn't a child.) I'll be honest I think Springtrap should be added as it will bring more players to the game. Also think of people who played FNAF, they'll be the same age as dbd players are today. In honesty both games will benefit from it.

Now to things I want if FNAF gets a chapter.

If there was a FNAF chapter coming, I would like to play on a map that's an abandoned pizzeria with hooks made from broken animatronics and with the four first survivors with the original FNAF characters masks. (Dwight gets Freddy, Cluedette gets chica, Jake gets Bonnie, and Meg gets foxy.) I think the head of golden Freddy as it's eye would flicker should be a charm.

A few ideas for his power. (Still working idea)

When a survivor dies on a special hook. It'll add animatronic (up to 2 hooks.) Similar to how nemesis' zombies. (Add-ons will be able to change the animatronics, for example foxy's hook. It'll replaces Bonnie or chica with foxy... He would rush at the survivor but if he's blinded he would leave that survivor alone for good amount of time)

He would also have phantom mode that allows him to track his prey in phantom body. Once he exits phantom mode he would let out his scream and be able to pounce attack. This attack can damage gens and destroy breakable objects.

Comments

  • Why add in the villain of the third game and not the villain and character the series is named after?


    "But several games in they reveal he's the mastermind!" I mean, I don't care and neither do 99.9% of people. If you're gonna make a FNAF chapter, anyone but Freddy is silly, because you need to drum up hype from non-FNAF fans. And some non-fnaf fans will recognize Freddy. Only FNAF fans know who springtrap is or his significance. Putting him in over Freddy is akin to making Doctor Wynn the killer and not Michael Myers for the Halloween chapter, because he ends up being the true big bad like 6 films in.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    Why add in the villain of the third game and not the villain and character the series is named after?

    "But several games in they reveal he's the mastermind!" I mean, I don't care and neither do 99.9% of people. If you're gonna make a FNAF chapter, anyone but Freddy is silly, because you need to drum up hype from non-FNAF fans. And some non-fnaf fans will recognize Freddy. Only FNAF fans know who springtrap is or his significance. Putting him in over Freddy is akin to making Doctor Wynn the killer and not Michael Myers for the Halloween chapter, because he ends up being the true big bad like 6 films in.

    Springtrap is the killer main killer who killed those kids and they returned as animatronics. He also destroyed those animatronics. Also it will make people play the FNAF games too

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781425#Comment_2781425

    Springtrap is the killer main killer who killed those kids and they returned as animatronics. He also destroyed those animatronics. Also it will make people play the FNAF games too

    No.

    You don't just add a character from 3 games deep into DBD.

    Like @SunsetSherbet said, that's like making the Halloween chapter about Doctor Wynn. "He was the one who made Michael kill and it'll make people watch those totally not awful movies too."

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781436#Comment_2781436

    No.

    You don't just add a character from 3 games deep into DBD.

    Like @SunsetSherbet said, that's like making the Halloween chapter about Doctor Wynn. "He was the one who made Michael kill and it'll make people watch those totally not awful movies too."

    >You don't just add a character from 3 games deep into DBD.

    Why not? They've done it before, twice in fact.

    Pyramid Head is from Silent Hill 2. Cheryl is from Silent Hill 3.

    Leon is from Resident Evil 2. Nemesis is from Resident Evil 3.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781499#Comment_2781499

    >You don't just add a character from 3 games deep into DBD.

    Why not? They've done it before, twice in fact.

    Pyramid Head is from Silent Hill 2. Cheryl is from Silent Hill 3.

    Leon is from Resident Evil 2. Nemesis is from Resident Evil 3.

    They are also the most iconic (or debatably iconic) characters of the series.

    Silent Hill was always going to be Pyramid Head.

    Resident Evil was more up in the air. Could've been Nemesis, could've been Mr. X, could've been Weskar, could've been Birkin.


    Freddy is what most people know from FNAF.

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    Springtrap... A corpse inside of an animatronic body that's trying to kill you, that sounds scary. True springtrap killed children (so did Freddy Krueger) but in FNAF 3 and pizzeria simulator you play as a night guard (surprise 😲 that night guard isn't a child.) I'll be honest I think Springtrap should be added as it will bring more players to the game. Also think of people who played FNAF, they'll be the same age as dbd players are today. In honesty both games will benefit from it.

    Now to things I want if FNAF gets a chapter.

    If there was a FNAF chapter coming, I would like to play on a map that's an abandoned pizzeria with hooks made from broken animatronics and with the four first survivors with the original FNAF characters masks. (Dwight gets Freddy, Cluedette gets chica, Jake gets Bonnie, and Meg gets foxy.) I think the head of golden Freddy as it's eye would flicker should be a charm.

    A few ideas for his power. (Still working idea)

    When a survivor dies on a special hook. It'll add animatronic (up to 2 hooks.) Similar to how nemesis' zombies. (Add-ons will be able to the animatronics, for example foxy's hook. It replaces Bonnie or chica with foxy... He would rush at the survivor but if he's blinded he would leave that survivor alone)

    He would also have phantom mode that allows him to track his prey in phantom body. Once he exits phantom mode he would let out his scream and be able to pounce attack. This attack can damage gens and destroy breakable objects.

    Can say Spring trap and FNAF wasn't remotely scary for me..........I think the McDonalds horror game was more scary. Besides, Banana splits came well before FNAF and that wasn't that scary either. It shouldn't be added, we already have bunnies roaming about, that no one uses no more, oh hey it's a giant fluff bot. Old school is better in regards to been scary and horror.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780657#Comment_2780657

    Quick question, kinda off-topic but did you buy Pinhead and what do you think of his new voicelines?

    I had bought him before I learned of the NFT debacle and was quite upset afterwards. Now that apparently the new owner is not in support of it and that the NFT shenanigans was a last ditch move from the previous license holder, I think his new voicelines are neat.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781511#Comment_2781511

    They are also the most iconic (or debatably iconic) characters of the series.

    Silent Hill was always going to be Pyramid Head.

    Resident Evil was more up in the air. Could've been Nemesis, could've been Mr. X, could've been Weskar, could've been Birkin.

    Freddy is what most people know from FNAF.

    I'm pretty sure the devs don't want children in the game. Freddy (and most of the FnaF robots) are possessed by children. Springtrap is one of, if not the only robot possesed by a fully grown adult

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780536#Comment_2780536

    A lot of Republicans are working behind the scenes to turn the clock back on LGBT rights.

    I don't think they're actually going to enjoy any degree of success, but they would do it if they could.

    Donald Trump himself has said that he wouldn't have a problem supporting a gay president if one was elected. One can argue that his track record on the matter isn't perfect, but that's still a pretty big deal coming from the god of the right-wing party in America, and I think it's a sign that the anti-LGBT agenda is in its death throes, but I don't think it's good to minimize the fact that those people are still out there.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780511#Comment_2780511

    That's all absolutely true, but it's still a messed-up situation just because America is hopelessly a two-party system. What are you supposed to do when neither party aligns exactly with your interests?

    I'm bisexual, and I lean towards Democrats on most (but not all) issues. I wanted gay marriage to be legalized, and it was. I wanted marijuana to be legalized, and it was (I was just old enough to cast a vote on the matter, and I did, and we won - proud Coloradan here). At the time, I really had no problem voting Democrat on just about everything, because they mostly supported the things that I did, and the things that they were more against that I supported (such as gun rights) seemed like non-issues.

    Nowadays, I think that LGBT rights and marijuana legalization are here to stay, but I'm less sure about gun rights. On top of that, the Democrats are talking about abolishing the filibuster in order to just pass whatever they want, and that's honestly a little scary. Every bit as scary as it would have been if the Republicans had done that when they had the majority, back when Democrats in the House and Senate all signed resolutions expressly supporting the filibuster.

    I support the Democrats' voting rights legislation, but I can't in good conscience support them nuking the filibuster in an attempt to get it passed, because it would lead to Democrats also passing a ton of legislation that I definitely don't agree with in addition to the things that I think are more common sense, and a short-sighted move like that would also mean an end to LGBT, abortion, etc. rights just as soon as the Republicans got a majority again.

    On the other hand, it looks like the only people I could ally myself with in opposition in an anti-democratic move that would lead to the removal of gun rights in the short term and potentially an attack on LGBT and abortion rights in the long term is a party full of homophobes. I'm wary of that, for obvious reasons.

    To play devil's advocate: Should we avoid allowing anyone who has ever supported the Republican party in any capacity whatsoever to make money off of their art, regardless of their personal views? Where does it end?

    I realize that political discussion isn't encouraged on the forums, and I'm not trying to start a debate on all of these issues in general (and I also wasn't the one who started this discussion, anyway). I'm just illustrating that the political situation here is complex. It's not like European countries where you get to pick one of fifty parties that might support your views exactly and still have a chance of making it into office. You have two choices, and they're both petty , unwilling to share the country with the other side, and full of selfish, money-grubbing pigs who would implement some very terrible ideas if given free reign to do so.

    Understand that you are responsible for the consequences of voting for someone that promises to work to strip human rights from a historically oppressed minority group. Yes, both options suck pretty badly. That does not absolve you of the responsibility of your choice. In the end, it comes down to priorities and that is something people can judge you for. In this case of Scott, valuing the economy over human rights for a minority group that will not reap the same benefits of a better economy if their rights get stripped the way the politicians against their existence would hope. In your example, gun rights versus LGBT rights. Your choice can be judged by others. Even if your choice for say, gun rights isn’t because of the party also having anti-LGBT views, you will still be responsible for any anti-LGBT efforts they try and push for. Likewise, if you vote for LGBT rights, you would also be responsible for any anti-gun rights efforts they push.

  • @Gamerzilla2018 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780526#Comment_2780526

    So you go off on a rant about human rights and how the people scott supports are evil people and you go off on this political rant and yet were just talking about whether killer robot furry's get into a horror game people like dbd and scott is not indefensible your butt hurt that scott donated to a political party you disagree with I even argued with you in a poll I'm doing why did you think I responded to you alone and not anyone else because you reasoning for voting was so ridiculous I just had to respond to you and plus saying that I lack "empathy" because I called you a sensitive softey and if you love empathy so much than why did people like you dox him and send him death threats that's not empathy so do us all a favor and piss off also your vote will not be considered for the poll.

    “a political party you disagree with” is a convenient way to say “a party that actively hates my existence and wants me to have as few human rights as possible, preferably 0”.

    Like it or not, income for the creator does play into whether or not people want a license, regardless of the subject material.

    Also, I am distinctly against the doxxing and threatening of his wife and kids. The people that did so are disgusting and moronic and should be held accountable. The wife and kids did nothing wrong. Scott still should be held accountable for his choices. Those things are not mutually exclusive.

    I pity you, with how hard it clearly is to have even the slightest modicum of empathy for a historically oppressed minority group who has to fight to keep and gain any human rights even nowadays.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Oh, we're starting FNAF spam again?

    Finna pull out "ah #########, here we go again" every time I see a FNaF post

  • @Pulsar said:

    Oh, we're starting FNAF spam again?

    I literally escaped reddit to avoid this, IS EVERY PLACE INFESTED WITH THESE POSTS???

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780494#Comment_2780494

    Finna pull out "ah #########, here we go again" every time I see a FNaF post

    @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780494#Comment_2780494

    I literally escaped reddit to avoid this, IS EVERY PLACE INFESTED WITH THESE POSTS???

    You two want know something funny. You could have avoided this post. And gone to someone else's who talking about nerfs or buffs.

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781608#Comment_2781608

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781621#Comment_2781621

    You two want know something funny. You could have avoided this post. And gone to someone else's who talking about nerfs or buffs.

    The title made it seem like you had some controversial take on the idea of FNAF being in the game, which is why I was interested, since most posts I do see and gloss over are the same copy pasted "here's why springtrap would be good in DBD", and never posts explaining why they DON'T want it in the game.


    But I guess that's my fault, I guess I have to play the guessing game because you decided to make the title this for god knows what reason.

  • It's probably the only killer aside from Pennywise that I would be hyped about.

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781608#Comment_2781608

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781621#Comment_2781621

    You two want know something funny. You could have avoided this post. And gone to someone else's who talking about nerfs or buffs.

    You want to know something funny?

    Im well aware of that

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781637#Comment_2781637

    The title made it seem like you had some controversial take on the idea of FNAF being in the game, which is why I was interested, since most posts I do see and gloss over are the same copy pasted "here's why springtrap would be good in DBD", and never posts explaining why they DON'T want it in the game.

    But I guess that's my fault, I guess I have to play the guessing game because you decided to make the title this for god knows what reason.

    I changed the title, now

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781049#Comment_2781049

    “a political party you disagree with” is a convenient way to say “a party that actively hates my existence and wants me to have as few human rights as possible, preferably 0”.

    Like it or not, income for the creator does play into whether or not people want a license, regardless of the subject material.

    Also, I am distinctly against the doxxing and threatening of his wife and kids. The people that did so are disgusting and moronic and should be held accountable. The wife and kids did nothing wrong. Scott still should be held accountable for his choices. Those things are not mutually exclusive.

    I pity you, with how hard it clearly is to have even the slightest modicum of empathy for a historically oppressed minority group who has to fight to keep and gain any human rights even nowadays.

    I'm at least glad we can agree that the doxing and death threats were dumb what Scott did should not impact behaviors decision since they are Canadian company In truth to an extent I will never understand the discrimination that those of LGBTQ+ face Because I am straight. But fnafs creator for the last time Scott is not against those of the LQBTQ+ in fact during a stream Scott donated 50,000$ to the Trevor project a suicide hotline for those of the LQBTQ+ and not all Republicans are Homophobes and Transphobes these are just a crazy minority I would hope but. my own father was a republican and voted for them for the same reasons scotty did but during the 2016 election he fell out with the party and voted for Biden in 2020 election I myself would be a democrat. but in general Scott is not a homophobe nor a transphobe


    Btw can you stop calling people who disagree with you a bigot it just pisses people off.

  • @Gamerzilla2018 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781600#Comment_2781600

    I'm at least glad we can agree that the doxing and death threats were dumb what Scott did should not impact behaviors decision since they are Canadian company In truth to an extent I will never understand the discrimination that those of LGBTQ+ face Because I am straight. But fnafs creator for the last time Scott is not against those of the LQBTQ+ in fact during a stream Scott donated 50,000$ to the Trevor project a suicide hotline for those of the LQBTQ+ and not all Republicans are Homophobes and Transphobes these are just a crazy minority I would hope but. my own father was a republican and voted for them for the same reasons scotty did but during the 2016 election he fell out with the party and voted for Biden in 2020 election I myself would be a democrat. but in general Scott is not a homophobe nor a transphobe

    Btw can you stop calling people who disagree with you a bigot it just pisses people off.

    Donating to a charity with no direct legal power is not equivalent to voting in and donating to politicians that do have the legal power to try and make anti-LGBT legislation, and DO TRY. You are responsible for the people you vote for. Sure, he voted for economy. That does not absolve him of the responsibility of said candidate being also someone who promised to fight to remove LGBT rights. You don’t get to just pick and choose. Yeah, both parties suck. You are still responsible for all the things that come with the person you voted for, ESPECIALLY when said person promised that as part of their goals if elected from the very start. Also, for a “crazy minority”, basically no politician in the party has an issue with them. Hm. Wonder why. Maybe it’s almost like they’re not against it.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781525#Comment_2781525

    I'm pretty sure the devs don't want children in the game. Freddy (and most of the FnaF robots) are possessed by children. Springtrap is one of, if not the only robot possesed by a fully grown adult

    I am sure they care about potential sales more so than that. They'll just say Freddy is now an adult and be done with it, like they have for various licensed characters they have no authority to age up.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781582#Comment_2781582

    I am sure they care about potential sales more so than that. They'll just say Freddy is now an adult and be done with it, like they have for various licensed characters they have no authority to age up.

    FNaF is a game series carried by it's lore. If they tamper with it and make any changes that go over the already existing narrative other than "This is how <insert character> entered The Fog", I'm not sure hw nicely that'd be treated by that big portion of the community, especially if it's as big as "Freddy is now an adult, yet still somehow got lured and killed by a man in a weird bunny suit, guess he was just dumb"

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781703#Comment_2781703

    Donating to a charity with no direct legal power is not equivalent to voting in and donating to politicians that do have the legal power to try and make anti-LGBT legislation, and DO TRY. You are responsible for the people you vote for. Sure, he voted for economy. That does not absolve him of the responsibility of said candidate being also someone who promised to fight to remove LGBT rights. You don’t get to just pick and choose. Yeah, both parties suck. You are still responsible for all the things that come with the person you voted for, ESPECIALLY when said person promised that as part of their goals if elected from the very start. Also, for a “crazy minority”, basically no politician in the party has an issue with them. Hm. Wonder why. Maybe it’s almost like they’re not against it.

    You know what? Why am I wasting my breath your not getting it I tried to hear you out but your not listening to me I looked at your points and I address them but you just act butt hurt and offended and tell me I don't have empathy and that I am a bigot for disagreeing with you and look what Scott did isn't something I agree with but hey he is allowed to have an opinion and vote for who he wants even if you disagree with them

1 2 ›