So How Many More Killers Are Gonna Slug If You Can't Get A Hook With Boil Over?
I don't enjoy slugging it's not for me as a killer I like chasing and going for hooks but, when a survivor is in a safe spot with boil over I'm just gonna slug them because I know they'll break free. So how many more killers are doing this cause I know there's gonna be a few.
Yes I'm aware of Agitation and Iron Grasp combo but, most of the time it still won't work cause even just a tiny drop can give that survivor another 25% progression for the wiggle.
Comments
Thankfully I think most survivors have figured out that Boil Over = Slugged so I'm not seeing the perk anymore but any time I have run into it, if I pick them up and don't immediately see where I can go and that I can get there, I will drop them and let them look at the floor until someone comes picks them up or they die.
if they're in a safe spot I'll slug however if it's close to a hook I'll try and go for it.
Ideally I will still get the hook, I don't just pick them up, see the horsey, and drop them. I don't want to slug people as I have many more things I want to do in the game than babysit someone taking a nap on the ground but I will if my hand is forced by the perk.
Same. If they get downed trying to loop normally, I'll try to take them to the nearest hook. If they intentionally keep running to a spot where they know they can't get hooked I'll leave them to rot. I think the survivors are figuring out pretty quick that getting slugged for 4 minutes is not exactly exhilarating gameplay for them.
Slugging is easier and allows for more fun than using up multiple perk slots to counter this. Without hooks I can go for multiple chases and don't have to waste any time after a down.
I think after a few weeks of this Survivor bully squads will get so bored of lying on the ground they will move on to something else.
It's a fad, same way people freaked out over Lucky Break.
I'll only slug if they keep going to an area where Boil Over can be abused.
never thought I really need to slug until yesterday. 3 of 10 games I need to done it, really shame as killer that normally like to play chasing people. (sorry for strange sentence english not my mother tounge)
I don't like slugging so today I took inspiration from SpookyLoopz and ran Iron Grasp, Agitation, and Mad Grit. It was fun for a while and I didn't have to slug anyone. If course I had run three perks I don't like, but it was fun for a couple of hours.
But until this thing blows over, I'll only slug if it's clear they are trying to abuse it.
Today, I wriggling off 4 or 5 times during a trial WITHOUT Boil Over (but Breakout from some random, friendly solo Q Adam) and it was such a (BAD WORD) show for the killer. During the endgame collapse he finally managed to sacrifice a survivor, the others bad mannered him at the gate and I did what I learned during a very few of my trials as killer: I stepped out, ran to a hook and gave him a mercy sacrifice. Sadly he was a mute console player, but I just hope that he appreciated the guesture.