When I play on my PC I use a controller because I suck at keyboard controls, so I really can't comment on PC controls. But as far as controllers go, I like the new skill checks.
I still find myself mashing whenever I get picked up before I remember "oh yeah, theres skillchecks now". Almost 6 years of muscle memory is gonna take a while to get rid of. Good change though, but as many have said, they need to adjust it so that hitting great skillchecks doesnt make you struggle out faster than you could with the mashing.
The new ones are distracting for the wiggle bar, and (just like the old 2nd hook minigame) It allowed you to use a button that wasn't really ever used in dbd
I prefer the new system. Doesn't take any thumb energy of rocking back and forth, just takes good timing and concentration of getting great skill checks. But I never had a problem with the OG system. Just comes down to a slight preference over the other.
New system is good and gives the survivor something engaging to do instead of just stare at the screen and be upset.
The problem is the great skill checks.
These bad boys give something like 1% additional progress each. In just a few seconds, it's easy to pick up an extra 15% progress or so.
Having a friend or two tank hits can allow a wiggling survivor to gain 30% more progress over a number of seconds if they are good at the checks.
Why Behavior gave survivors GREATLY increased wiggle speed, but didn't increase the overall wiggle time at all is beyond me. If the skill checks were harder and the progress bar was increased by 20% or so, it would be a lot more balanced overall.
New system is good and gives the survivor something engaging to do instead of just stare at the screen and be upset.
The problem is the great skill checks.
These bad boys give something like 1% additional progress each. In just a few seconds, it's easy to pick up an extra 15% progress or so.
Having a friend or two tank hits can allow a wiggling survivor to gain 30% more progress over a number of seconds if they are good at the checks.
Why Behavior gave survivors GREATLY increased wiggle speed, but didn't increase the overall wiggle time at all is beyond me. If the skill checks were harder and the progress bar was increased by 20% or so, it would be a lot more balanced overall.
The great zones don't give a flat bonus, they increase the progression speed of the wiggle bar for a short duration. They are tuned such that if you hit every single great skill check during the wiggle, you will wiggle free 1 second faster (15 seconds instead of 16 seconds). If you miss any then it'll be less than a 1 second difference.
Good discussion in here, by the way. We're taking notes on the feedback from all parts of the community, so keep it coming!
The great zones don't give a flat bonus, they increase the progression speed of the wiggle bar for a short duration. They are tuned such that if you hit every single great skill check during the wiggle, you will wiggle free 1 second faster (15 seconds instead of 16 seconds). If you miss any then it'll be less than a 1 second difference.
Good discussion in here, by the way. We're taking notes on the feedback from all parts of the community, so keep it coming!
Thank you for the correction.
I appreciate that you're listening to the community on this topic!
I prefer the skill checks, I just wish hitting the greats didn't speed up the process. It messes up the timing, even if it is just a second, and just feels like an unnecessary buff.
The great zones don't give a flat bonus, they increase the progression speed of the wiggle bar for a short duration. They are tuned such that if you hit every single great skill check during the wiggle, you will wiggle free 1 second faster (15 seconds instead of 16 seconds). If you miss any then it'll be less than a 1 second difference.
Good discussion in here, by the way. We're taking notes on the feedback from all parts of the community, so keep it coming!
I think both are fine, but the great skillchecks need to be removed, or at least not give wiggle progress.
I think they're a bit powerful.
maybe Iron grasp should add a bit more to the wiggle duration to compensate/maybe Iron grasp could make all wiggle and carry based skill checks significantly harder? (so, DS included)
I like them. The great skill checks are nice, especially for BP, but if they removed that one second increase I'd be fine - just keep the great for BP and "hit x great skill check" challenges. My only complaint is the obnoxious ding when you choose to not wiggle. I think make it if you don't attempt a skill check for 2 or 3 of the skill checks it stops making noise until you attempt a skill check.
The great zones don't give a flat bonus, they increase the progression speed of the wiggle bar for a short duration. They are tuned such that if you hit every single great skill check during the wiggle, you will wiggle free 1 second faster (15 seconds instead of 16 seconds). If you miss any then it'll be less than a 1 second difference.
Good discussion in here, by the way. We're taking notes on the feedback from all parts of the community, so keep it coming!
What if instead of bonus wiggle progression, it increased the side to side movement of the Killer for a sec? This way Survivor can make Killer run into objects more if they hit those.
I think this poll would have benefited from having responses in the "I have only used the new wiggle on (pc/console) and I (like/dislike) them." category .
Honestly, I love the wiggle skill checks. The small speed bonus to wiggling on hitting greats gives you a reason to go for them without having too powerful of an effect. Wiggling actually feels kinda engaging now.
The great zones don't give a flat bonus, they increase the progression speed of the wiggle bar for a short duration. They are tuned such that if you hit every single great skill check during the wiggle, you will wiggle free 1 second faster (15 seconds instead of 16 seconds). If you miss any then it'll be less than a 1 second difference.
Good discussion in here, by the way. We're taking notes on the feedback from all parts of the community, so keep it coming!
Have you somehow considered the feedback that some don´t like the skill checks and the sounds at all?
I don´t like the new system but if i have to use it i hope there will be some kind of option to make it at least silent, as the sounds can be annoying. Or have you changed the sounds in any way?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I dont have console so
When I play on my PC I use a controller because I suck at keyboard controls, so I really can't comment on PC controls. But as far as controllers go, I like the new skill checks.
I think both are fine, but the great skillchecks need to be removed, or at least not give wiggle progress.
I still find myself mashing whenever I get picked up before I remember "oh yeah, theres skillchecks now". Almost 6 years of muscle memory is gonna take a while to get rid of. Good change though, but as many have said, they need to adjust it so that hitting great skillchecks doesnt make you struggle out faster than you could with the mashing.
The new ones are distracting for the wiggle bar, and (just like the old 2nd hook minigame) It allowed you to use a button that wasn't really ever used in dbd
The old felt good pulling the killer, but the new one seems more powerful and it's easier on my hands and controller
I personally prefer older ones,as a killer main I feel that people get off faster
Yeah I feel the same way. I like to look around e.g., to see exit gate spawns but with the new wiggle system you gotta focus on the skillchecks.
I prefer the new system. Doesn't take any thumb energy of rocking back and forth, just takes good timing and concentration of getting great skill checks. But I never had a problem with the OG system. Just comes down to a slight preference over the other.
New system is good and gives the survivor something engaging to do instead of just stare at the screen and be upset.
The problem is the great skill checks.
These bad boys give something like 1% additional progress each. In just a few seconds, it's easy to pick up an extra 15% progress or so.
Having a friend or two tank hits can allow a wiggling survivor to gain 30% more progress over a number of seconds if they are good at the checks.
Why Behavior gave survivors GREATLY increased wiggle speed, but didn't increase the overall wiggle time at all is beyond me. If the skill checks were harder and the progress bar was increased by 20% or so, it would be a lot more balanced overall.
I like the new wiggle better but I think the great skill ckecks should go.
The great zones don't give a flat bonus, they increase the progression speed of the wiggle bar for a short duration. They are tuned such that if you hit every single great skill check during the wiggle, you will wiggle free 1 second faster (15 seconds instead of 16 seconds). If you miss any then it'll be less than a 1 second difference.
Good discussion in here, by the way. We're taking notes on the feedback from all parts of the community, so keep it coming!
New System is too distracting and another skill check.
The old wiggle is way better. And not another skill check.
Thank you for the correction.
I appreciate that you're listening to the community on this topic!
I prefer the skill checks, I just wish hitting the greats didn't speed up the process. It messes up the timing, even if it is just a second, and just feels like an unnecessary buff.
This is good to know! Thank you
I think they're a bit powerful.
maybe Iron grasp should add a bit more to the wiggle duration to compensate/maybe Iron grasp could make all wiggle and carry based skill checks significantly harder? (so, DS included)
what would people think of that?
Remove the bonus progression though.
I like them. The great skill checks are nice, especially for BP, but if they removed that one second increase I'd be fine - just keep the great for BP and "hit x great skill check" challenges. My only complaint is the obnoxious ding when you choose to not wiggle. I think make it if you don't attempt a skill check for 2 or 3 of the skill checks it stops making noise until you attempt a skill check.
What if instead of bonus wiggle progression, it increased the side to side movement of the Killer for a sec? This way Survivor can make Killer run into objects more if they hit those.
I think this poll would have benefited from having responses in the "I have only used the new wiggle on (pc/console) and I (like/dislike) them." category .
Honestly, I love the wiggle skill checks. The small speed bonus to wiggling on hitting greats gives you a reason to go for them without having too powerful of an effect. Wiggling actually feels kinda engaging now.
Have you somehow considered the feedback that some don´t like the skill checks and the sounds at all?
I don´t like the new system but if i have to use it i hope there will be some kind of option to make it at least silent, as the sounds can be annoying. Or have you changed the sounds in any way?
Thanks.