New kind of cheats

Just had a game as basement Bubba. Hooked one survivor, stand on the stairs. A Laurie shows herself upstairs and starts running in place, as if lagging. Then - boom, she is already unhooking the survivor in the basement. So basically a "sneaky" teleport into the basement, bypassing the stairs.

Nothing extraordinary here, just wanted you guys to know there is one more kind of cheats out there. And the devs can't even handle giving 6k shards. RIP DbD.

Comments

  • Sounds like a lag switcher, and I'm not gonna victim blame you here, but I'd say hacking to defeat a basement Bubba is definitely the most justified time to do it, though hacking in general is always unjust.

  • Maybe its just a horrible desync. Had two matches today like that.


    I am not suprised - either way

  • @Smuk said:

    Maybe its just a horrible desync. Had two matches today like that.

    I am not suprised - either way

    Seems like too lucky a moment for a "sudden desync".

  • Lag switching looks like this.

  • @ActualPainedFrog said:

    Sounds like a lag switcher, and I'm not gonna victim blame you here, but I'd say hacking to defeat a basement Bubba is definitely the most justified time to do it, though hacking in general is always unjust.

    I think it would be better not to justify it at all.

  • @ActualPainedFrog said:

    Sounds like a lag switcher, and I'm not gonna victim blame you here, but I'd say hacking to defeat a basement Bubba is definitely the most justified time to do it, though hacking in general is always unjust.

    But with this reasoning, “hacking” in general would have to be justified because you’re basing it on a subjective requirement. Example if I don’t like DH, I can now turn my cheats on and it’s all good!