Perks: Time, Grind, Balancing

As a customer and a person who want to see this game flourish, I would like to know more about the decision making when it comes to Perks, both survivor and killer.

I would like an answer specifically from Mods or from the Devs, if possible. Just to be transparent. Of course everyone is welcome to comment, just please keep it civil.


Time:

Why it takes sooo long (months and years) to buff/nerf certain perks? And when you DO change them, its only around a dozen of them. From that changed few, only two or three actually become useful/somewhat useful.

Are the upcoming chapters takes all the resources and simply theres no time/energy to do anything else? 

Are perks low priority since forever? What is the problem?


Grind: 

Why do perks still have tiers?

I understand that the grind is needed to set some goals in the game. According to wiki there are currently 191 Perks featured in the game. 191*3 = 573 tiers. 

It is insane. From a lvl 50 bloodweb (which costs around 50k BP), you can ONLY unlock 2 out of 4 tiers.

Removing perk tiers would greatly increase the games health and the new player experience .

Personally, I'm hesitant to buy new or upcoming characters, just because of this unreasonable grind. The moment I think about how much time and energy I need to get my desirable perks.. It's just NO thank you...


Balancing:

The meta is stale for years now. Killer- stacked gen regression/defence. Survivor- stacked second chance.

Why the developers doesn't do anything about it?

Slightly/moderately nerf the overused and unhealthy perks, buff the absolutely useless ones (90% of perks).

I know, I know its not that simple, but it shouldn't take years and years to realise that and do something about it.

Examples: 

Survivor - Kindred change was small, but HUGE at the same time. Same as Windows of Opportunity. IMO!! These changes should be the shining example of balancing. Strong but fair.

Killer - No way out - small change, but amazing. Deadlock a is perfect perk design. IMO!! Strong but fair. 


It's frustrating to wait soo long for soo little/absurd changes. Please, give us SOME non-corporate answers.

Thank You!

Comments

  • @Tiamat said:

    As a customer and a person who want to see this game flourish, I would like to know more about the decision making when it comes to Perks, both survivor and killer.

    I would like an answer specifically from Mods or from the Devs, if possible. Just to be transparent. Of course everyone is welcome to comment, just please keep it civil.

    Time:

    Why it takes sooo long (months and years) to buff/nerf certain perks? And when you DO change them, its only around a dozen of them. From that changed few, only two or three actually become useful/somewhat useful.

    Are the upcoming chapters takes all the resources and simply theres no time/energy to do anything else? 

    Are perks low priority since forever? What is the problem?

    Grind: 

    Why do perks still have tiers?

    I understand that the grind is needed to set some goals in the game. According to wiki there are currently 191 Perks featured in the game. 191*3 = 573 tiers. 

    It is insane. From a lvl 50 bloodweb (which costs around 50k BP), you can ONLY unlock 2 out of 4 tiers.

    Removing perk tiers would greatly increase the games health and the new player experience .

    Personally, I'm hesitant to buy new or upcoming characters, just because of this unreasonable grind. The moment I think about how much time and energy I need to get my desirable perks.. It's just NO thank you...

    Balancing:

    The meta is stale for years now. Killer- stacked gen regression/defence. Survivor- stacked second chance.

    Why the developers doesn't do anything about it?

    Slightly/moderately nerf the overused and unhealthy perks, buff the absolutely useless ones (90% of perks).

    I know, I know its not that simple, but it shouldn't take years and years to realise that and do something about it.

    Examples: 

    Survivor - Kindred change was small, but HUGE at the same time. Same as Windows of Opportunity. IMO!! These changes should be the shining example of balancing. Strong but fair.

    Killer - No way out - small change, but amazing. Deadlock a is perfect perk design. IMO!! Strong but fair. 

    It's frustrating to wait soo long for soo little/absurd changes. Please, give us SOME non-corporate answers.

    Thank You!

    First post? Welcome my friend

  • Welcome to the realizing BHVR doesn't care about their games veteran players club

  • @Tiamat said:

    As a customer and a person who want to see this game flourish, I would like to know more about the decision making when it comes to Perks, both survivor and killer.

    I would like an answer specifically from Mods or from the Devs, if possible. Just to be transparent. Of course everyone is welcome to comment, just please keep it civil.

    Time:

    Why it takes sooo long (months and years) to buff/nerf certain perks? And when you DO change them, its only around a dozen of them. From that changed few, only two or three actually become useful/somewhat useful.

    Are the upcoming chapters takes all the resources and simply theres no time/energy to do anything else? 

    Are perks low priority since forever? What is the problem?

    Grind: 

    Why do perks still have tiers?

    I understand that the grind is needed to set some goals in the game. According to wiki there are currently 191 Perks featured in the game. 191*3 = 573 tiers. 

    It is insane. From a lvl 50 bloodweb (which costs around 50k BP), you can ONLY unlock 2 out of 4 tiers.

    Removing perk tiers would greatly increase the games health and the new player experience .

    Personally, I'm hesitant to buy new or upcoming characters, just because of this unreasonable grind. The moment I think about how much time and energy I need to get my desirable perks.. It's just NO thank you...

    Balancing:

    The meta is stale for years now. Killer- stacked gen regression/defence. Survivor- stacked second chance.

    Why the developers doesn't do anything about it?

    Slightly/moderately nerf the overused and unhealthy perks, buff the absolutely useless ones (90% of perks).

    I know, I know its not that simple, but it shouldn't take years and years to realise that and do something about it.

    Examples: 

    Survivor - Kindred change was small, but HUGE at the same time. Same as Windows of Opportunity. IMO!! These changes should be the shining example of balancing. Strong but fair.

    Killer - No way out - small change, but amazing. Deadlock a is perfect perk design. IMO!! Strong but fair. 

    It's frustrating to wait soo long for soo little/absurd changes. Please, give us SOME non-corporate answers.

    Thank You!

    Did you see OoO since the massive nerf?? Or MoM? Or BL?

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307620/perks-time-grind-balancing

    Did you see OoO since the massive nerf?? Or MoM? Or BL?

    BL (as basically all other exhaustion perks) are overshadowed by Dead Hard.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2777273#Comment_2777273

    BL (as basically all other exhaustion perks) are overshadowed by Dead Hard.

    Remove dh, and you won’t see BL either

  • @gilgamer said:

    Welcome to the realizing BHVR doesn't care about their games veteran players club

    Lmao fax