We should establish a code to tell the survivors "do the Left 4 Dead Achievment2

Hello everyone,

sometimes I can be a pretty soft-hearted killer, especially if the survivors give up and do the submissive kind of t-bag, not the toxic one (you can tell the difference).

And a few times I tried to tell them to do the Left 4 Dead achievment, but I guess most of the time they are so aggitated that they just wanna leave, maybe not to push their luck and they might have a tome challenge going that needs to see them survive etc.

I know that I won't hold back once I get the chance. So I don't know how to communicate my good intentions. Standing on the hatch has given me some choice names, dropping them near a gen just lets them run away once they wriggle off.

Any ideas? And I know that some older peeps will have the achievment already, as it was way easier in the days of hatch spawning, but still ^^ I wanna help at least one person to get this elusive achievment.

Comments

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Hello everyone,

    sometimes I can be a pretty soft-hearted killer, especially if the survivors give up and do the submissive kind of t-bag, not the toxic one (you can tell the difference).

    And a few times I tried to tell them to do the Left 4 Dead achievment, but I guess most of the time they are so aggitated that they just wanna leave, maybe not to push their luck and they might have a tome challenge going that needs to see them survive etc.

    I know that I won't hold back once I get the chance. So I don't know how to communicate my good intentions. Standing on the hatch has given me some choice names, dropping them near a gen just lets them run away once they wriggle off.

    Any ideas? And I know that some older peeps will have the achievment already, as it was way easier in the days of hatch spawning, but still ^^ I wanna help at least one person to get this elusive achievment.

    I wish I had gotten you. It's the last achievement that I have to complete and I've tried everything from offering up rare items to the killer at the end, to going total immerse lord. The closest I've gotten is 1 second left on the gate twice against a really competitive Hunter and a really competitive Billy.

    Edit: Left 4 dead requires you to go through the gate. :(

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307528/we-should-establish-a-code-to-tell-the-survivors-do-the-left-4-dead-achievment2

    I wish I had gotten you. It's the last achievement that I have to complete and I've tried everything from offering up rare items to the killer at the end, to going total immerse lord. The closest I've gotten is 1 second left on the gate twice against a really competitive Hunter and a really competitive Billy.

    Edit: Left 4 dead requires you to go through the gate. :(

    I know that you got to leave through the gate. Thats why I thought standing on the hatch would dissuade some enterprising survivor to look for a less dangerous escape route. Well, you can only try to do so much for your karma counter :D

  • Unfortunately, to get this achievement now, you have to be a jerk survivor while the last generator is being repaired. Just go hide by the exit gate. When the gen finishes, hide until the other survivor is caught, then 99% the exit gate. Wait for the survivor to die, then leave. Sucks, but it's the only way I was able to do it.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    Unfortunately, to get this achievement now, you have to be a jerk survivor while the last generator is being repaired. Just go hide by the exit gate. When the gen finishes, hide until the other survivor is caught, then 99% the exit gate. Wait for the survivor to die, then leave. Sucks, but it's the only way I was able to do it.

    Here is the thing: for this achievment you have to be the last man standing, then finish the last gen and then escape through the gate. With the old hatch, you could 99% the gen, then everyone leave and you finished and had a shot at the exit gate. Now its next to impossible without some help from a friendly killer.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2776350#Comment_2776350

    Here is the thing: for this achievment you have to be the last man standing, then finish the last gen and then escape through the gate. With the old hatch, you could 99% the gen, then everyone leave and you finished and had a shot at the exit gate. Now its next to impossible without some help from a friendly killer.

    Oh, right! It's been a while. With two survivors left, keep working on gens, and whenever the killer comes around, make sure you're first to leave the gen. Hide, let them be chased. Finish the last gen while they're being chased, then hooked. Don't save them, go open the exit gates instead.

    It requires some luck, and it's not that straight forward, but I know I was able to finish it by doing something along those lines. I got something to 99% then let some other survivor die, then finished the gen and left. Spine chill and wake up could help you open the gate faster, too.

  • I got it on Midwich against a Huntress while using the good ole' Spine Chill + Wake Up combo (it is a must for this one).

    Difficult, yes...

    image.png

    But definitely not impossible.

  • Survivors who are looking for this achievement should focus on that last generator. I've had a number of matches where the Killer was chasing that last Survivor, caught and hooked them, as I was finishing up the last gen. You can easily get to an exit gate and open it for the escape, as long as the Killer goes looking for the hatch. It is an extremely niche situation though. You have to play normally, then hope you can get the setup at the end.

    Too many people aim for that hatch escape though. I've had post-game conversations with Killers who were a bit shocked that I finished the last gen instead of playing for the hatch. It's just how the game has evolved over the years. On the odd occasion, they'll give me the exit gate/hatch, just because I didn't quit trying until the end, or something along those lines. As long as you don't BM, and actively participate, there's a lot of Killers who will give you a break at the end.

    There's also a lot who will just kill you, but really, that's what they're supposed to do so no harm there. Just have to work at it and when you're down to the last gen, don't play for that hatch. Keep on going and try for the exit gate. It's extra BP anyways, and that's what the game's about, right?

  • Console, you can just message them. I've done as such a few times making some people happy.

    PC, friend request alert and then message maybe? I never use steam so I have no idea if it even makes noise while in game.

  • @Mringasa said:

    Survivors who are looking for this achievement should focus on that last generator. I've had a number of matches where the Killer was chasing that last Survivor, caught and hooked them, as I was finishing up the last gen. You can easily get to an exit gate and open it for the escape, as long as the Killer goes looking for the hatch. It is an extremely niche situation though. You have to play normally, then hope you can get the setup at the end.

    Too many people aim for that hatch escape though. I've had post-game conversations with Killers who were a bit shocked that I finished the last gen instead of playing for the hatch. It's just how the game has evolved over the years. On the odd occasion, they'll give me the exit gate/hatch, just because I didn't quit trying until the end, or something along those lines. As long as you don't BM, and actively participate, there's a lot of Killers who will give you a break at the end.

    There's also a lot who will just kill you, but really, that's what they're supposed to do so no harm there. Just have to work at it and when you're down to the last gen, don't play for that hatch. Keep on going and try for the exit gate. It's extra BP anyways, and that's what the game's about, right?

    Thats some pretty good advice. One caveat is of course that the killer might just close the hatch when he finds it, thereby triggering the EGC and making it impossible to finish the last gen, but I guess this is still one of the better shots at getting this achievment done.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2776439#Comment_2776439

    Thats some pretty good advice. One caveat is of course that the killer might just close the hatch when he finds it, thereby triggering the EGC and making it impossible to finish the last gen, but I guess this is still one of the better shots at getting this achievment done.

    Yeah. That's why it's really such a pain now. I got mine back in 2018, doing what I described. I was pushing the last gen, and a Feng was running the Killer around. She got downed, and I had the gen around 90%. Just waited til the Killer hooked her and she died, then finished it up and went to a gate. Killer of course went right to the hatch for the close, and I got out. Mostly it's the timing, especially now with EGC, that will affect you getting it or not.

    Perk choice if you're specifically going for this helps as well. Things like Empathy, Bond, or Aftercare, that give you information on what your team is doing at the end will help tremendously. You can time the gen, so that you don't pop it too early. Voice comms will of course negate this, but anyone running Solo Queue or SWF without can benefit from some of the aura read Perks.

  • It's impossible.

    I used to try to help survivors way too inexperienced to go against me*. Some of these achievements are next to impossible or require a planetary alignment (for both roles).

    Often, even it you put them in front of the gate switch after dragging their asses across the map, they still run away.


    *) MMR, yeah, one round against a sweat team where you have to play hard, one round against a team that doesn't know what Nurse is. Working as intended (TM).