Can we just show appreciation to the Saw license holders?

On one side we have ANOES going "nooo, you can't make cosmetics!!1!" and Resident Evil who won't let us have a Mr. X skin for this that and the other thing.

Meanwhile Saw has just let us have a completely unique cosmetic (not for the first time either) that both gives ######### brilliant references to many different parts of the series, while also giving the character a completely new and interesting take.

John's Robe, Amanda's outfit from her test, the Billy mask reminiscent of Jigsaw's marketing, and the RBT as a crown, it's all so beautifully done.

I don't know whether it was a case of the art team making several designs and getting this one approved, or the Saw people saying what they wanted made, or a mix of the two, but it's super refreshing to see license holders who want to see genuinely cool stuff being made for their characters.

(And it's not a linked set.)

Comments

  • I have so much appreciation for the SAW license holders it's not even funny. I love everything SAW related we can get.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    On one side we have ANOES going "nooo, you can't make cosmetics!!1!" and Resident Evil who won't let us have a Mr. X skin for this that and the other thing.

    Meanwhile Saw has just let us have a completely unique cosmetic (not for the first time either) that both gives ######### brilliant references to many different parts of the series, while also giving the character a completely new and interesting take.

    John's Robe, Amanda's outfit from her test, the Billy mask reminiscent of Jigsaw's marketing, and the RBT as a crown, it's all so beautifully done.

    I don't know whether it was a case of the art team making several designs and getting this one approved, or the Saw people saying what they wanted made, or a mix of the two, but it's super refreshing to see license holders who want to see genuinely cool stuff being made for their characters.

    (And it's not a linked set.)

    Yes you can appreciate the fact that the license holders did something it's just that the game that they worked with made their main representative suck horribly.

  • Exactly. This appreciation needs immense attention. Can't thank them enough.

  • TBH I don't like her Jigsaw mask/RBT crown. I was really hoping for a plain RBT cosmetic.

    FDdTrSuX0AgPXBw.jpg


  • Yes. It’s really cool to see another Licensed Tome. And the Billy charm is so ######### adorable.

    I really wished we got the chance to see a Stranger Things Tome but sadly I don’t think we will ever see it.

    Seeing Saw get a Tome, makes me really excited for future Tomes. 10/10

  • What is ANOES?


    nevermind, i just figured it out as i hit reply. Freddy. A nightmare on elm street

  • @Ripley said:

    TBH I don't like her Jigsaw mask/RBT crown. I was really hoping for a plain RBT cosmetic.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TR1T6B3GDN1S/fddtrsux0agpxbw.jpg

    The concept has been around as long as Pig has, I think the reason she can't have something like that is because it would make it INCREDIBLY difficult to tell at a glance that she's the killer not a survivor.