Do Players Need Warning Labels?

For example: "Such and such is going on....there is a chance I might need to DC."

Would you prefer to know in advance you were playing against someone who might DC during a match? Would you take the chance and play them anyways?

If labels were to be added, I had a few ideas...

-"I have kids and they occasionally interrupt me while I am playing, so there is a chance I might DC or AFK."

-"The weather is currently not cooperating with my area, and there is a possibility of my power going out."

-"i am an EMT driver and am always on call so there is a chance I might go AFK or DC."

Would warnings like these help the game, or hurt the game? In what ways would they effect it? Would it make DCs an accepted part of the game and/or would it still be considered the games most punishable offense?

Comments

  • I think it would be abused. A labelled DC to cover up a rage quit.

  • I doubt anyone would ever use them. There's always bound to be some players who don't care but I imagine the vast majority would just lobby dodge someone if they know there's a good chance they're going to DC. Who is going to label themselves as a possible DC (even if they have a very good reason) if it's going to take them forever to get into a game?

  • @Sepex said:

    I think it would be abused. A labelled DC to cover up a rage quit.

    I'm not saying the label makes it unpunishable.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I doubt anyone would ever use them. There's always bound to be some players who don't care but I imagine the vast majority would just lobby dodge someone if they know there's a good chance they're going to DC. Who is going to label themselves as a possible DC (even if they have a very good reason) if it's going to take them forever to get into a game?

    Exactly. And how is that fair to them, for trying to be fair to others if they were to fill it out?

  • Not going to lie, my first thought when I saw the thread title.

    l_toxic-6-hazard-warning-label-250mm_.jpg


  • @Ripley said:

    Not going to lie, my first thought when I saw the thread title.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SVKJXCMX73MM/l-toxic-6-hazard-warning-label-250mm.jpg

    I'm open for suggestions.

  • I dont think they need it, no.

    Real life things come first, and no one has to justify themselves to others if they have to go afk or dc.

  • "I have kids and they occasionally interrupt me."

    -It always happens right when the killer downs me first ugh.

  • I have a grumpy cat and she is prone to teabagging at the gates and finding your Steam/Twitch profile just to post "helpful" life tips.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I dont think they need it, no.

    Real life things come first, and no one has to justify themselves to others if they have to go afk or dc.

    But aren't they being a little selfish, knowing that something is going to potentially interupt them but not letting the other players know?

  • @Ripley said:

    I have a grumpy cat and she is prone to teabagging at the gates and finding your Steam/Twitch profile just to post "helpful" life tips.

    That could be considered. I know I might like to know that before playing against someone! Especially the teabagging part. Warning: I teabag.

  • @Sepex said:

    "I have kids and they occasionally interrupt me."

    -It always happens right when the killer downs me first ugh.

    It only happens to me when I need to listen for the hatch. Or to listen for survivors. Or to listen for the killer.