Dead by Daylight

Is the greatest multiplayer game created, it's just really bad sometimes.Thats why people are so angry because it's amazing and they want it to be better as it should.

I get bad stutters and lag just absolutely terrible like sometimes I can't move my character,but the survivors still win ?

Comments

  • It is definitely up there for me. I have such nostalgia for Overwatch and spent 5 years playing it, so I might lean on that, but I would be lying if I said I didn't prefer DBD at this point. Then again, maybe I would hate both if I had been playing this for 5 years too. Lol.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    It is definitely up there for me. I have such nostalgia for Overwatch and spent 5 years playing it, so I might lean on that, but I would be lying if I said I didn't prefer DBD at this point. Then again, maybe I would hate both if I had been playing this for 5 years too. Lol.

    Some souls maybe corroded beyond repair after 5 years 😉

  • Not moving your character is called camping if you are playing killer. Killer needs to be on the move all the time but even then it is proxy camping, so there is that.

    Jokes aside yeah. Game is not perfect by any means but it still can be fun.

    Performance issues are not ok tho, I barely played during the re chapter release since it was horrible on last gen. Freezes still happen but I manage.

    I accepted it at this point I guess. But it shouldn't be acceptable.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    It is definitely up there for me. I have such nostalgia for Overwatch and spent 5 years playing it, so I might lean on that, but I would be lying if I said I didn't prefer DBD at this point. Then again, maybe I would hate both if I had been playing this for 5 years too. Lol.

    Are you a frequenter of the overwatch forums as well? I've seen your name there a few times browsing threads.

  • Im sure that we can all agree, we were hooked the moment we booted this game for the first time ;)

    totally used this pun already, and nobody can stop me

  • @Shaped said:

    Not moving your character is called camping if you are playing killer. Killer needs to be on the move all the time but even then it is proxy camping, so there is that.

    Jokes aside yeah. Game is not perfect by any means but it still can be fun.

    Performance issues are not ok tho, I barely played during the re chapter release since it was horrible on last gen. Freezes still happen but I manage.

    I accepted it at this point I guess. But it shouldn't be acceptable.

    I don't camp 😉 but fr it shouldn't, not sure what to do I'm paying for the best quality internet and have a router with double bandwidth and hardwired, not sure what else i can do at this point.

  • @Shroompy said:

    Im sure that we can all agree, we were hooked the moment we booted this game for the first time ;)

    totally used this pun already, and nobody can stop me

    Who's your favorite character's ?

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766244#Comment_2766244

    I don't camp 😉 but fr it shouldn't, not sure what to do I'm paying for the best quality internet and have a router with double bandwidth and hardwired, not sure what else i can do at this point.

    Camping is fine in my book, I was just poking fun at survivors who cry camping at everything killer does. It goes both ways tho.

    Regarding "lag" are you console or pc?

  • On the Survivor side, Meg, David and Zarina

    On the killer side, Hillbilly, Blight and Trickster

  • its definitely not the best multiplayer game ever created.

    its unique in what it does and its the best of its genre (currently), but it is absolutely not comparable to some of the big names of other multiplayer genres - it just has too many flaws for that.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766275#Comment_2766275

    Camping is fine in my book, I was just poking fun at survivors who cry camping at everything killer does. It goes both ways tho.

    Regarding "lag" are you console or pc?

    If you more than 2 sec's near the hook it's camping. Yes console PS4 specifically

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766276#Comment_2766276

    On the Survivor side, Meg, David and Zarina

    On the killer side, Hillbilly, Blight and Trickster

    I dislike Zarina's they try to be the new Laurie's

    You have a very interesting taste in killers though Trickster maybe a little to now.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766284#Comment_2766284

    If you more than 2 sec's near the hook it's camping. Yes console PS4 specifically

    Ps4 as well. So it is not your internet, it is bad optimisation. Dbd on last gen is not doing that great, but trust me you didn't see the worst of it which was during the resident evil chapter release and few months after. I played since 2018 and never experienced performance issues that bad until then.

    @Pulsar has a thread on optimisation. It is pretty long and you can learn more about it there if you are interested. But there is not much we can do except upgrade I think. They are promising 60fps now again if I'm not mistaken but I don't buy it. They didn't even got rid of the freezes yet.

    I got used to it tho, and accepted it is how it is.

  • I will agree that it's one of my most favorite multiplayer games. But also that yes, I think a lot of people see potential in what this game could be, and then get sad that it's not or when they make changes that don't really push it towards it's potential.

  • DbD is very good. If not people won´t care as much.

    But you only can hope it gets better not worse.

    Sometimes developers create something great and don´t really know why it works so good. And in their attempt to make everything better they ruin more and more.

    And a lot of sequels usually suck. Sometimes there is a bit of luck involved.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766716#Comment_2766716

    Ps4 as well. So it is not your internet, it is bad optimisation. Dbd on last gen is not doing that great, but trust me you didn't see the worst of it which was during the resident evil chapter release and few months after. I played since 2018 and never experienced performance issues that bad until then.

    @Pulsar has a thread on optimisation. It is pretty long and you can learn more about it there if you are interested. But there is not much we can do except upgrade I think. They are promising 60fps now again if I'm not mistaken but I don't buy it. They didn't even got rid of the freezes yet.

    I got used to it tho, and accepted it is how it is.

    Will do and yeah, I've seen the videos of the Resident Evil chapter. Mainly it's great to know I'm not the only one dealing with this.The problem with Playstation, is they don't have an ethernet port to handle with stability so this also goes into the problem but not solely games can still run stable if the dev's work on latency issues. I've played on Xbox as well so I know it's DBD but it's not as bad.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766752#Comment_2766752

    Will do and yeah, I've seen the videos of the Resident Evil chapter. Mainly it's great to know I'm not the only one dealing with this.The problem with Playstation, is they don't have an ethernet port to handle with stability so this also goes into the problem but not solely games can still run stable if the dev's work on latency issues. I've played on Xbox as well so I know it's DBD but it's not as bad.

    Wait, you mean you can't play on ps wired? Because that is not true.

    The ethernet port is on the back of my ps4 pro. Ps2 and ps3 had it too.

    I always play wired for better connection.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767708#Comment_2767708

    Wait, you mean you can't play on ps wired? Because that is not true.

    The ethernet port is on the back of my ps4 pro. Ps2 and ps3 had it too.

    I always play wired for better connection.

    That's what that means, I thought it was some magical part that makes your internet run better lol.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767710#Comment_2767710

    That's what that means, I thought it was some magical part that makes your internet run better lol.

    I find it better and more stable. But freezes you experience are most likely dbd issues because everyone on last gen gets them.

  • Today it was really stable ,I had a few stutters.Do you think it's the time of day, I got on or player count.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    Today it was really stable ,I had a few stutters.Do you think it's the time of day, I got on or player count.

    No. It is certain perks, killer powers and actions like unhooking happening somewhere etc.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767744#Comment_2767744

    No. It is certain perks, killer powers and actions like unhooking happening somewhere etc.

    Oh ok nice to know, but yeah really great connection today .If I could have that every day 👌

  • Well it is my most played game ever so I guess I have to enjoy it somewhat