CoH 100% healing speed wasn't the problem, it was the buffed self-care that the perk also has it

I really don't mind CoH 100% healing speed when you heal others, we already have perks that works almost like that such as " we'll make it".

The real problem with CoH is how fast you can heal yourself and how infinite was while the totem is active. The fact that you can heal in 16s, it can stack with others healing perks and medkits ( do you realize if you have 1% charges of a medkit, you can still heal as fast as if you were full of charges ?) And it was infinite is insane!.

This perk got in the way of killers strategies like hit and run. All the pressure the killer could have, no longer exists when CoH is in the match.

In my opinion, they should get rid of self- healing that this perk provides. Even after the nerf, CoH will still be strong, theres is still no reason to bring self-care.

yes, i'm glad it got nerfed but that wasn't the change i would make.

Comments

  • I largely agree with this. CoH has some other problems (stacking the heal speed with medkits is bad), but the biggest issue the perk raises is that it fundamentally changes how injuries work. Survivors used to previously rely on their teammates to heal them, with the only exceptions being consumable items or perks that had some drawback or trigger condition attached. If you injured someone, they would waste time looking for someone to heal them, someone would spend time healing them, and you might run into them again before they healed up because they couldn't find another player to help. Now everyone just runs to a healing station and zips back up, so injuries essentially vanish as soon as you drop chase unless survivors choose to risk it and slam gens, or if you've hit the snowball point where there's no time to do much of anything between unhooks.

    Taking it from 100% bonus to 75% bonus isn't going to change that survivors are still completely self-reliant as long as one CoH totem is on the map. I'm not even convinced that lowering it to 50% would take the hit and run playstyle out of its grave. It helps, but the problem is that healing takes way less group time and is way more accessible than it used to be. Self-care took 32 seconds for a reason - the double healing time is equivalent to the 16 seconds your teammate would spend healing you plus your 16 seconds standing there being healed. Meanwhile, if you put a boon in a location the killer can't easily reach or won't go by, a 14-second time investment can last most of the match and easily cover 5+ heals.

  • Eh I think the nerf was decent (atleast the healing aspect) i dont know how they would lower it anymore without making it just Boon: Botany Knowledge

    I dont want them nerfing boons in general cause of COH

  • I think this is a good read on the situation. I don't dislike this nerf, necessarily, but I'm not really convinced it'll do all that much to prevent the worst parts of this perk from being a problem. However, I don't think just removing the self heal is the right call.

    I've maintained that self-healing should have a hard cap for a while now, and I really do think it's the best indirect nerf to CoH you can give, without making it useless. Nothing too crazy, it's fine for survivors to heal themselves at default 16 seconds and I'd even say it's probably fine to speed that up a little bit, but the amount to which they can do it right now is pretty insane.

  • All they had to do was either remove the self heal or make the self heal speed 32 seconds, same as Self Care.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Eh I think the nerf was decent (atleast the healing aspect) i dont know how they would lower it anymore without making it just Boon: Botany Knowledge

    I dont want them nerfing boons in general cause of COH

    Just to put this in perspective by the way the nerf only reduces a heal from another player by 2 seconds and a self heal by 4 seconds

  • CoH should work on tokens or 1 totem should be used only once and then blocked like plaything totems are blocked.

    Ive had multiple matches where survivors abuse coh and shadow step by one of them just relighting the same totem over and over and over. Rest of them doing gens.

    Guess how many kills i got in those matches...yes 0 i was playing ghosty.

    I'm worried that they arent seeing the problem the boons are bringing to multiple killers. Twins is completely destroyed thanks to boons and slower M1 killers struggle. Many killer mainers have quit or switched sides but devs are not seeing an issue here?

  • If COH didn't enable people to heal themselves, it would be a garbage-tier gimmick perk that nobody in their right mind would ever seriously use, joining the many other such perks. Like Exponential, already a Boon that is much too situational/gimmicky to be worth running in most scenarios, and therefore barely seeing use. Sorry, not a fan, I like perk diversity, and the survivor perk meta has not had top-level viable additions in years and years, prior to COH, and COH is not even as ubiquitous as many of the olden top-tier perks still are.

    Mind you, while I take COH to be much less problematic than many people do, and actually find it can not seldomly benefit killers due to survivors running around hunting and blessing totems, I do still think nerfs are in order. Reasonable nerfs would be to make the healing boost not apply to med-kit heals, maybe reduce it more, such as to 60%, and/or make snuffing Boons more meaningful such that is worthwhile going out of one's way for, by making it destroy the totem, putting the Boon perk(s) on cooldown, or preventing the respective player from reblessing snuffed totems for the remaining match.

    I also think players should not be able to bless a new totem if the old one has not been snuffed, such that they can't simply relocate to more strategically worthwhile positions, and are forced to cleanse Hexes they want to get rid of if they have a blessed totem still up.

    More interesting concepts for nerfs could be Boon perks losing power on every consecutive blessing, such as a decrease in range, or a decrease in perk-specific effects (e. g. -20% on the healing speed boost on COH every time the perk user blesses a totem). Or to tie specific downsides to Boon perks upon them being snuffed. COH gets snuffed? The perk user immediately loses a health state/enters the injured state if they weren't already. Shadow Step gets snuffed? The perk user screams, revealing their location. Exponential gets snuffed? The perk user immediately recovers into the injured state, if they were in the dying state at the time (Exponential needs a buff if anything, and buffs being tied to the snuffing of certain Boons would introduce a neat Haunted Ground-esque quality).

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2762287#Comment_2762287

    Just to put this in perspective by the way the nerf only reduces a heal from another player by 2 seconds and a self heal by 4 seconds

    I'm not really upset about the speed of the healing itself it's the fact that boon:CoH can spread across multiple floors.

    They saying I don't mind that shadow step or expo can . I don't want the other 2 boons nerfed

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2762297#Comment_2762297

    I'm not really upset about the speed of the healing itself it's the fact that boon:CoH can spread across multiple floors.

    They saying I don't mind that shadow step or expo can . I don't want the other 2 boons nerfed

    The problem is that CoH also allows for anyone in the area to also heal themselves, it being at the same rate as someone else healing sends it into the stratosphere of being broken.

  • At this point, I think Boon should be used for aggressive purpose. Which always requires in interaction with Killer to make it work like ShadowStep and Expo.

    Replace Coh with Boon: Vigil.

  • I would be in favor of this change:

    You heal other survivors 100% faster (healing another survivor takes 8 seconds).

    You heal yourself 50% faster (you heal yourself in 21 seconds).