What would you guys do to change Freddy?

A lot of people will agree Freddy is a really boring killer, to play as and against. I mean, even the survivors are so bored they fall asleep mid trial! Jokes aside, I see people complaining about Freddy but haven't heard any suggested changes to make him fun while still good. I wanna hear what the community thinks of!

Comments

  • @GannTM said:

    Bring back old Freddy.

    @furret534 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2752978#Comment_2752978

    I loved old Freddy, not because he was good, but because he was funny. There was nothing better than playing as Freddy and getting a 4k pre-rework because it showed how chad you were (Or how bad the survivors were, depending on how you look at it).

    You could tell when you jumped scared a survivor. Gotta love the good ol days

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754768#Comment_2754768

    I haven´t forgotten how fun he was. Mained him for 2 years, right until they reworked him and turned him into a different killer.

    I played him a lot before his rework as well (only because we had less killers then and I like Freddy). He was complained about a lot back then and for good reasons.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754859#Comment_2754859

    I played him a lot before his rework as well (only because we had less killers then and I like Freddy). He was complained about a lot back then and for good reasons.

    There weren´t many complains about him on the forum back then. Only the usual "boring killer" comments after a match.

    Mainly because he was the weakest killer back then.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754943#Comment_2754943

    There weren´t many complains about him on the forum back then. Only the usual "boring killer" comments after a match.

    Mainly because he was the weakest killer back then.

    I could be wrong, but I thought a lot of people complained about him because of how weak/annoying he was. Putting survivors to sleep before smacking them was terrible. Wasn't fun for survivor either because you couldn't even see him until you were asleep. He was a terribly designed killer.

  • Just nerf his add ons lol

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    Rework to to combine elements of Freddy 1.0 and 2.0 hoped for a strong and viable killer.

    This is what I want. Take away the passive sleep and make it manual again (maybe give the passive with addons) and remove the waking up from failed skill checks. Take away his TR for awake survivors or make it Myers T2 level. Give him more snares again and keep his teleport. I would like to teleport to completed generators too, even if some addon was required.

  • Some aura reading abillity for sleeping survivors would be nice too.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754975#Comment_2754975

    Careful. You'll upset the cult following of old Freddy users. Who for some reason can't admit just how ######### of a killer he was.

    God beware if someone actually likes the design of a killer who isn´t meta.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754970#Comment_2754970

    I could be wrong, but I thought a lot of people complained about him because of how weak/annoying he was. Putting survivors to sleep before smacking them was terrible. Wasn't fun for survivor either because you couldn't even see him until you were asleep. He was a terribly designed killer.

    Don´t get me wrong, he had his issues and the game really didn´t help him by releasing him during a free weekend that was also double bloodpoint weekend. For example, in my first match i struggled putting survivors asleep.

    He had to wait 7 seconds before he could hit a survivor, in which the survivors usually finished repairing the gen, cleansed a totem, or ran to a pallet. They could also wake up mid chase by healing mid chase and failing a skill check.

    But apart from that, he allowed different playstyles like hit&run with M&A. Because he could see sleeping survivors aura across the map. He couldn´t be blinded by awake survivors, because they couldn´t see him. No body blocking unless they were sleeping. One of the strategy was to use Overcharge or Lullaby to further damage the gen when survivors failed the skill check to wake up.

    He wasn´t perfect, but the people that liked him back then, still love him and which is more important: the people that liked him back then, don´t like the reworked version.

    Google 4 year old Freddy gameplay, if you want to know more.

  • Rework his chasing power and sleeping meter while keeping the dream projection ability.

  • My personal opinion: refocus his kit on snares, give him an add-on pass with add-ons that actually affect his power, and move the fake pallet mechanic to a new original killer's kit so that Freddy's kit isn't torn in two directions making all add-ons have to be compatible with both "versions."

  • I like Freddy, if I were to change anything though it would be to make fake pallets just part of his base kit and he can swap between pallets and snares by tapping the Activate Ability button (similar to how Clown can tap the button to swap between yellow and pink gas.) That would free up all those “pallet” add-ons to either do something else or to specifically buff pallets in some interesting way. And it would give Freddy additional flexibility, he could use snares mid chase to help zone at loops, or he could place fake pallets between chases to set up possible “gotchas”.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    Old Freddy

    Love to see it <3

1 2 ›