Crazy ping

I normally have about 45-50 ping but I came back a couple days a go from a little break and almost all my game ping has been shooting up to 180 even 250 and it's never been like that before. Is it just me or is everyone?

Comments

  • Saw someone the other night with a ping that was as high as 1000, but was hovering around 500. I was sure they were hacking for a while, until I checked their ping.

    Bus as for me, I've still been solidly under 100, but maybe 10-20 higher than normal.

  • I think BHVR are testing things out with servers/regions. Possibly to lower queue times, etc but pings do seem to be fluctuating lately...

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    I think BHVR are testing things out with servers/regions. Possibly to lower queue times, etc but pings do seem to be fluctuating lately...

    Thats what I was thinking but I wasn't sure if it was just me.

  • Its the same i was playing with 140 ping when i saw how the game was i just close the game and go play something else. I can understand why they try it but its a pain honestly i should not have to suffer because no one want to play killer

  • @legrosporc69 said:

    Its the same i was playing with 140 ping when i saw how the game was i just close the game and go play something else. I can understand why they try it but its a pain honestly i should not have to suffer because no one want to play killer

    What do their servers have to do with whether people want to play killer or not?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2752868#Comment_2752868

    What do their servers have to do with whether people want to play killer or not?

    Simple lets say you have 100k player that play in NA across multiple server. I live in toronto and you live in houston. On the closest server only 5k player are connect on it and on those player you have 1,5k are killer but in houston you have 40k player and on those 40k player only 5k of them are killer so the server will go and get killer on other server to help give those survivor a match because of queue time so they are pulling people from other server and if i get pull that mean im far away of the server so my ping will increase so my game experience will be a bit more laggy.

    All those number are fictif its just for the sake of the explanation.