I hope survivors get some kind of voice acting.

With Pinhead, Trickster and Ash all having voice lines I really hope this gets expanded to other characters. In particular, I really want the Silent Hill characters to get voice lines. A Fallout 4 mod got Lisa Garland's original VA to reprise the role, don't see why BHVR can't.

Comments

  • Honestly, Ash is more annoying than anything, I wish he didn't talk in the lobby at all. Thankfully, I barely see any.

    I don't see how voice lines would work for survivors in game since it would just alert the killer of you being there. I guess one when you're hooked or something?

  • @Marigoria said:

    Honestly, Ash is more annoying than anything, I wish he didn't talk in the lobby at all. Thankfully, I barely see any.

    I don't see how voice lines would work for survivors in game since it would just alert the killer of you being there. I guess one when you're hooked or something?

    It'd be better for things like that, yeah. Moments where stealth isn't really an option, maybe when a chase starts, after stuns or during moris.

  • I just had an idea. There should be an opening cutscene in the loading screen before each match with your character. They can have voice lines in those. That would be cool.

  • @GannTM said:

    I just had an idea. There should be an opening cutscene in the loading screen before each match with your character. They can have voice lines in those. That would be cool.

    This would just cause more bloat and loading, as now it has to load the in-engine cinematic. And it HAS to be in-engine, given all the different Survivors and cosmetics and combinations thereof.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2751149#Comment_2751149

    This would just cause more bloat and loading, as now it has to load the in-engine cinematic. And it HAS to be in-engine, given all the different Survivors and cosmetics and combinations thereof.

    Just have the default cosmetics in the scenes. I’m sure it would be a lot of work to do anyway. It’s just an idea that I had.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Honestly, Ash is more annoying than anything, I wish he didn't talk in the lobby at all. Thankfully, I barely see any.

    I don't see how voice lines would work for survivors in game since it would just alert the killer of you being there. I guess one when you're hooked or something?

    Lol. Poor Ash.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Honestly, Ash is more annoying than anything, I wish he didn't talk in the lobby at all. Thankfully, I barely see any.

    I don't see how voice lines would work for survivors in game since it would just alert the killer of you being there. I guess one when you're hooked or something?

    Easy. Maybe it only plays for survivors. AND you can turn it off.

  • I mean if you count AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH as voice acting then its already in

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2751144#Comment_2751144

    Easy. Maybe it only plays for survivors. AND you can turn it off.

    Eh. I feel like any sort of voice acting that possibly helps Survivors that can only be heard by Survivors would be a bit unfair for Killers.

    If it's just fluff; I can't imagine many people would keep it on after awhile, which means it would be money badly spent. c.c

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2751324#Comment_2751324

    Eh. I feel like any sort of voice acting that possibly helps Survivors that can only be heard by Survivors would be a bit unfair for Killers.

    If it's just fluff; I can't imagine many people would keep it on after awhile, which means it would be money badly spent. c.c

    To be fair, people buy digital cosmetics in 5 year old games, I do not think we are very conservative with our money... I mean, I bought an outfit for my worst killer that is going to be replaced completely in March. Kind of cringe, dawg.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2751484#Comment_2751484

    To be fair, people buy digital cosmetics in 5 year old games, I do not think we are very conservative with our money... I mean, I bought an outfit for my worst killer that is going to be replaced completely in March. Kind of cringe, dawg.

    Heh, fair enough.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2751484#Comment_2751484

    To be fair, people buy digital cosmetics in 5 year old games, I do not think we are very conservative with our money... I mean, I bought an outfit for my worst killer that is going to be replaced completely in March. Kind of cringe, dawg.

    Spirit? No, she's fine, otherwise you'd see GannMan going ballistic.

  • @ActualPainedFrog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2751522#Comment_2751522

    Spirit? No, she's fine, otherwise you'd see GannMan going ballistic.

    Oh, yeah, I just meant for me personally. I rarely play Billy because Leatherface exists. If Jason was added, you know I am never touching Trapper again. I am just one of "those" people who plays for the licensed killers.


    That being said, might still have a game with her every now and again for the music. It is so good. But she is kind of my main at the moment BECAUSE I suspect I will rarely play her once Ringu drops.