IMO MMR should be based around Hook on the Killer Side and based on Team Escapes on the Survivor Side.
If a Killer gets 8 Hooks and 0 Kills and another Killer gets 2 Hooks and 2 Kills, it is quite clear that the first Killer is the better player. But not for the BHVR-SBMM.
If 1 Survivor dies to NOED after getting chased for 5 Gens, there is 0 reason why they should lose SBMM. The other 3 gained MMR, because they escaped, while "only" doing Gens.
I think it would be more fair to change it to Team Escapes and Hooks.
Hmm. I'm not sure if this would address the MMR gap for Killers wherin they need to realize that in a 1v1 chase they need to figure out if they have the skill to down someone or if they will be looped for 5 gens and the skill of the other Survivors is generally meaningless. (The skill to recognize if they should continue/drop chase)
On first look it looks great but if some people are decent and stuck in low mmr where even escaping alone takes an effort, how do you expect them to pull 3 escapes and carry that hard for small mmr gain?
I see people complaining all the time so this might make things worse for them.
I'm not saying it should stay the way it is and I understand your intention, which is to make solo q better, but I don't know if this would work out well or make it even worse than it is for people who aren't matched with similarly skilled teammates already.
My experience is a lot better since mmr but I still see a lot of people who are not satisfied so I dunno.
They definitely should tweak it somehow, I am just not sure about the right way to do it like I said.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yes, it would be better.
IMO MMR should be based around Hook on the Killer Side and based on Team Escapes on the Survivor Side.
If a Killer gets 8 Hooks and 0 Kills and another Killer gets 2 Hooks and 2 Kills, it is quite clear that the first Killer is the better player. But not for the BHVR-SBMM.
If 1 Survivor dies to NOED after getting chased for 5 Gens, there is 0 reason why they should lose SBMM. The other 3 gained MMR, because they escaped, while "only" doing Gens.
I think it would be more fair to change it to Team Escapes and Hooks.
Hmm. I'm not sure if this would address the MMR gap for Killers wherin they need to realize that in a 1v1 chase they need to figure out if they have the skill to down someone or if they will be looped for 5 gens and the skill of the other Survivors is generally meaningless. (The skill to recognize if they should continue/drop chase)
On first look it looks great but if some people are decent and stuck in low mmr where even escaping alone takes an effort, how do you expect them to pull 3 escapes and carry that hard for small mmr gain?
I see people complaining all the time so this might make things worse for them.
I'm not saying it should stay the way it is and I understand your intention, which is to make solo q better, but I don't know if this would work out well or make it even worse than it is for people who aren't matched with similarly skilled teammates already.
My experience is a lot better since mmr but I still see a lot of people who are not satisfied so I dunno.
They definitely should tweak it somehow, I am just not sure about the right way to do it like I said.
it'd be better then what we have now