Not sure I have the mentality to come back and play DBD
Long post so sorry everyone!
So first of all I'll talk about me for some context.
Always been massively into gaming, it's also something I excelled at even from an early age. Doesnt matter the game I'm usually very good at them, from arcade game like crash team racing beating DEV times, FPS like halo where iv always been high onyx and even DBD where iv been rank 1 (changed to mmr now) since its release pretty much.
I'm very competitive, I will try my hardest to play well and usually do however I also struggle with issues such as wanting to be in control and anxiety (likely linked)
Now I consider myself a nice person, I wont lie, blunty honest and I will always try my best to make everyone happy.
So my issue is I want to play fair, what others would call fun for survivors. While I don't expect anyone to play in certain ways I hold myself to stupid standards most of the time so I will try my best to never mass slug, tunnel etc.
Now I can play "dirty" as people call it but I dont get enjoyment from playing that way, I have done it quite a few times to assure I "win" or get the 4k etc.
But I dont get much enjoyment or satisfaction from playing that way, sure a 4k is nice but if iv lost 5gens and got such few hooks getting the 4k due to slugging isnt "fun"
I want to go for lots of chases, on all players. Let everyone have a fun interesting game, play lots of mindgames and get lots of hooks but that's just not possible most games and it puts me off, that combined with the stress, hate etc. Which all make it worse really make it hard to come back. I'd rather 8hooks 0kills every game than less hooks and more kills.
I love DBD, it's such a great game if only it was made/balanced better (for high MMR I guess) I dont feel satisfied or rewarded alot of the time.
What I want? The point of the post? Not sure, I'd love to see changes to some loops, DH and then balance round hooks while changing things to stop camping and tunneling (I have ideas but that's another post)
I want to play DBD, but I dont think I have the energy to. Thoughts?
Comments
Improve SoloQ communication, make Corrupt basekit. Basekit Mori if you get a lot of Hooks. Add in DS/BT if a Killer is being an ass at the onset of a Trial. Buff Killers if needed after that.
[No Lies Detected]
The game is very clearly balanced for low level survivors who have minimal idea on how to play efficiently with all the little tricks you learn with experience.
I find myself playing way less than I used to as there are only two killer games nowadays it feels; I curb stomp toddlers who accidentally turned on the game chewing on the controller when their exhausted parent fell asleep or SWF Team 6 who goes out of their way to make sure that not only do they win, they do it in a way to make it as miserable as humanly possible for the killer.
Very few killers are satisfied with 8hooks/0kills, that's a major reason why there's so much tunnelling and camping in the first place. Playing "nice" gets you a big fat L and 4 teabaggers at the gates.
Be careful when you say things like that because BHVR will take it to mean you're happy to lose every game, there's nothing they want more than 4E every single match to keep survivors happy and spending money. The only reason they even entertain killers with any concept of balance is because they haven't programmed a good enough AI.
If you’re a competitive person, you’re wrong thinking there are “dirty” ways of playing. You’re nerfing yourself with this mindset.
Good killers know strategies and when to use them.
Are chases ending fast? If yes, maybe there’s room to play more friendly. No? Time to play aggressively.
How are survivors doing gens? Are they splitted on gens? Yes, then maybe I need to tunnel someone as the chances of killing a survivor or even getting a 4k are low, afterall survivors are playing at their best.
You need to choose wisely a strategy and go for it. And the most important is that you’re not in control, this is how pvp games tend to work, you’re not playing against bots.
The balancing thing… well, there’s always room to devs improve the game, till this happens we need to play the game the way it is..
I use "" as a way of saying that's what other people would call it.
Just because I'm competitive doesn't mean I dont want to have fun, I can have fun in other games even in a high level setting.
DBD doesn't really give me the choice in how to play if I want to do well in the games standard, I have no issue getting that "2k" they're balancing for.
I know how to play, 5 years experience at a high level I know pretty much everything there is to know but that dont mean I can play in a way I want (which is actually fun for everyone) and not be punished. This isnt including being screwed by RNG or something else
But are you really at high level ? High mmr survivor don’t really complain about tunneling / slugging / camping. They know it’s part of the game and one of many strategies available for the killer. When they bring offerings, metaperk , god tier items ready to slam gens, they expect to get tunnel, slug or camp if necessary. A lot of them have some experience playing killer themselves.
It’s more low - medium mmr survivor that complain in the end game chat and find excuses.
Don't play DbD. Remove yourself from that loop of spite and hatred, while you still can.
This game will take your entire energy from you. Don't play it. The fact that college essay that I have to write is way more interesting for me than playing dbd is saying a lot. Also the community here is really weird with basically 0 logic beyond their thinking. They're witch hunting, death wishing/threatening other players and support team don't take any action against them, allowing them to spread toxicity and negativy to other players. Really disgusting.
Some nights matches go well have lots of fun and play for hours.
Tonight...I was shaking my head and was ready to call it quits after 30 minutes.
I did.
There is nothing wrong with finding a new game if Dead by Daylight is too stressful for you. Games are supposed to be fun, after all.
I used to love Overwatch when it was a shooter. After they turned it into a MOBA and stopped releasing content, I just stopped taking it seriously. All of the good memories are still there, but I can barely tolerate it now. And that is fine.
You have two options, play for fun and let your mmr lower. Or play to win the proper way. If either of those is unappealing, well, you know, better luck with another game.
I would say maybe its time to relax your standards of what you would consider a win.
Personally I don't even bother to kill survivors anymore because gaining MMR is not a reward. I play for 8 hooks and 29,600 games.
All this has really shown me is that there are 'good' survivors in 'bad' MMR that aren't as sweaty and are usually happy to chill out when they see you are chill. And then, when you do run in a bully squad that obviously de-ranked to terrorize baby killers you can just go AFK and wait for them to very boringly do gens and cheerfully mock them while going into the next game as they get less than 10k points because they couldn't interact with you all game long.
If you are a competitive person then do yourself a service and play a more balanced game. DBD is not, nor will it ever be balanced for so long as it runs on an unrestricted map seed system. Thats before you even get into the hairy bramble of survivor/killer/perk balance.
You will not have the energy if you strive for something in the game, Or if something affects you adversely and it bothers you mentally.
Especially if it's pretty hard to do and you worry about what the players will think of you.
I main survivor and I can tell you that I have fun even when the game is intense. What I don't like is when the Killer chooses to take me out of the game really early, Not letting me do anything but run for "my life". I'm sure most of us feel the same but there will be players who will not like it like us, they will find something else to complain about.
When I play as Killer and all the gens are done; and I have one survivor down, away from the others, I will try to protect the hook unless I want risk it to let them save and run off with BT while having to face body block.
I keep my chat closed to avoid strangers telling me what is wrong and right. Eventually they will always say something bad. Will always say something quite hypocritical just to feel good about their defeat. I'm sure you saw it yourself many times.
I suggest you don't get excited about what you are going to deal with, it's just an unbalanced game having players with petty behavior.
When I play Killer, I only play when I feel like I want to change the atmosphere and to check how the game will go. But I don't expect high points and 4k because I'm not getting a trophy at the end.
There will always be unsuccessful games but all the fun is during the game and not just the result of it.
Focused on what you like and enjoy, ignore the bad ones because they will not understand your perspective.
The game is balanced around low skilled solo survivors. When instead it should be balanced around skilled players. We had tournaments in the past. Why not make more and see how the top players perform, when they can win something. Then adjust the balance accordingly.
It also needs several game modes.
New players is just something that should be base for normal matchmaking. Naraka has it like that, I was so sad when I found out those were all bots and I suck at that game...
Hardcore mode sounds really fun, I want to try that.
Hardcore mode would feel like a horror game again.
You know, like playing against scrached mirror Myers on Lerys.