The boon totems radius shouldn't go through walls, floors or ceilings.

Make it only available in a short area! Survivors healing on second floor when the boon totem is at the first floor makes me rage relentlessly.

Comments

  • Boons should also have a token system; you can only place <x> number of boons a match.

    But nope! Survivors get Better Hex Perks than Killers. Because what is balance? ๐Ÿ™ƒ

  • @AngyKiller said:

    Boons should also have a token system; you can only place <x> number of boons a match.

    But nope! Survivors get Better Hex Perks than Killers. Because what is balance? ๐Ÿ™ƒ

    Yeah that would make it a whole lot more balanced but nope killers have to destroy it every time they bless a totem lmao

  • The fact that I can't place my hex totem again if it's gone in the first 15 seconds but 1 survivor can place their boon an unlimited number of times is ridiculous

  • Walls? Yes, it should go through them.

    Floors/Ceilings? I agree that they should not (It should be a Cylinder, not a Sphere).

  • The only concern though is how to handle Totems that are on inclines, such as the totems that are on Hills.

  • Maybe it needs to have a Cylinder with +/- some amount of distance, but check that the Bottom Square of the Survivors hitbox is within it? (Rather than whatever they're doing now, which I assume is any overlap. @Peanits do you know how it's actually checking for if a Survivor is within range of a Boon?

  • Should killer Hex perks not go through walls also?

    I feel Exponential would be even more pointless with this caveat...

    Shadowstep would be massively nerfed too...

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    Should killer Hex perks not go through walls also?

    I feel Exponential would be even more pointless with this caveat...

    Shadowstep would be massively nerfed too...

    Ok, if we want to compare it to Killer Hex perks:

    Killer Hex perks should also be infinitely reusable. I mean Boon:Op Survivors can be replaced infinitely, and you're tryign to compare Boons and Hexes, after all.

  • @AnObserver said:

    Walls? Yes, it should go through them.

    Floors/Ceilings? I agree that they should not (It should be a Cylinder, not a Sphere).

    It's a cylinder.

    You can clearly see this on maps like RPD.

    Thing is - apparently they can't code that, which is why stuff like Surge and the TR go through floors.

    Boons are just going to have to get nerfed, CoH in particular.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743247#Comment_2743247

    It's a cylinder.

    You can clearly see this on maps like RPD.

    Thing is - apparently they can't code that, which is why stuff like Surge and the TR go through floors.

    Boons are just going to have to get nerfed, CoH in particular.

    Next comment I mention that it should be a cylinder with limits, rather than an infinite vertical axis.

  • @AnObserver said:

    The only concern though is how to handle Totems that are on inclines, such as the totems that are on Hills.

    Going through floors isn't a huge deal on the vast majority of maps, it's just the game/rpd honestly because they are both dense multi level maps. The others I struggle to think of a place where they are truly frustrating. Just annoying which in and of itself is fine.

    I feel like it shouldn't be to tricky to block it from going through just those floors on those maps. Since you could alter the maps themselves rather than boons.

  • @cantelope said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743249#Comment_2743249

    Going through floors isn't a huge deal on the vast majority of maps, it's just the game/rpd honestly because they are both dense multi level maps. The others I struggle to think of a place where they are truly frustrating. Just annoying which in and of itself is fine.

    I feel like it shouldn't be to tricky to block it from going through just those floors on those maps. Since you could alter the maps themselves rather than boons.

    This is more a concern about how every Totem is beneficial to Boon, and Survivors don't get "######### spawns" for Totems such as Killers do with Hexes. Take the 3rd floor staircase Totem in Midwich. It's a strong Totem spot for Killers and Survivors when it should only be strong for Killers, but crappy for Survivors (in terms of area coverage).

  • @AnObserver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743302#Comment_2743302

    This is more a concern about how every Totem is beneficial to Boon, and Survivors don't get "######### spawns" for Totems such as Killers do with Hexes. Take the 3rd floor staircase Totem in Midwich. It's a strong Totem spot for Killers and Survivors when it should only be strong for Killers, but crappy for Survivors (in terms of area coverage).

    I was responding more to the post i quoted, not overall. Rather than alter the radius on the boon alter the layout to block the boons radius on some maps. I genuinely just didn't think of Midwich tho, I've probably just been lucky.

  • So, following that logic, Doctor shouldn't be able to shock through 2 different floors...right?

  • @Kira15233 said:

    So, following that logic, Doctor shouldn't be able to shock through 2 different floors...right?

    Wait, he can?

    I'd say he should not, and I like playing Doctor! That totally sounds like a bug/bad coding (no offense, devs!) to me!

    Doc should only be shocking the floor he's on.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743409#Comment_2743409

    Wait, he can?

    I'd say he should not, and I like playing Doctor! That totally sounds like a bug/bad coding (no offense, devs!) to me!

    Doc should only be shocking the floor he's on.

    He static blasts through both floors. But his basic shock is only on his floor (and even then is a bit buggy with varied elevation like Swamp)

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743412#Comment_2743412

    He static blasts through both floors. But his basic shock is only on his floor (and even then is a bit buggy with varied elevation like Swamp)

    I never noticed. Huh. That does sound more like a bug or oversight, to me.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743256#Comment_2743256

    Ok, if we want to compare it to Killer Hex perks:

    Killer Hex perks should also be infinitely reusable. I mean Boon:Op Survivors can be replaced infinitely, and you're tryign to compare Boons and Hexes, after all.

    Yeah I'm pretty cool with making them even if thats what the devs want to do with them. Make boons occupy 1/4 of the map size if killer hexes are going to be map wide, etc. I'm fine with number adjustments too.

    I'm just advocating for consistency here...

    I'm getting kinda annoyed by so many angry posts saying "Boons bad. Nerf boons" when the majority of the time the only issue most people seem to have is with CoH and not actually all boons...

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743259#Comment_2743259

    Yeah I'm pretty cool with making them even if thats what the devs want to do with them. Make boons occupy 1/4 of the map size if killer hexes are going to be map wide, etc. I'm fine with number adjustments too.

    I'm just advocating for consistency here...

    I'm getting kinda annoyed by so many angry posts saying "Boons bad. Nerf boons" when the majority of the time the only issue most people seem to have is with CoH and not actually all boons...

    It's true the problem is with CoH in particular, but it's a problem that could become endemic to Boons in general, if they release another CoH-level boon in the future.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743409#Comment_2743409

    Wait, he can?

    I'd say he should not, and I like playing Doctor! That totally sounds like a bug/bad coding (no offense, devs!) to me!

    Doc should only be shocking the floor he's on.

    Indeed he can, try it in Midwich, The Game, RPD, they get shocked on different levels

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743424#Comment_2743424

    It's true the problem is with CoH in particular, but it's a problem that could become endemic to Boons in general, if they release another CoH-level boon in the future.

    I cant imagine that happening any time soon given how long it took them to introduce a perk to even slightly shake up the meta... What was it? 4 years (David King in 2017)?

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743427#Comment_2743427

    I cant imagine that happening any time soon given how long it took them to introduce a perk to even slightly shake up the meta... What was it? 4 years (David King in 2017)?

    True enough.


    @Kira15233 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743412#Comment_2743412

    Indeed he can, try it in Midwich, The Game, RPD, they get shocked on different levels

    I will have to pay closer attention next time! ๐Ÿ˜

  • I hope they buff boons to make them map wide