Dead Hard is a unfair perk and is used on 99,99% of the matches

This perk is at 99,99% in my killer matches. It's extremely frustrating to be absolutely sure you were going to land the hit on the survivor and finally hook him up but suddenly the survivor dodged your hit and managed to get into another safe loop.

Dead Hard is a perk that you only need to be injured to activate. Oh really? Just that? This is considered the strongest Survivors perk and since it was released there has never been a significant change to it. It's ridiculous that the survivor can use this perk, get a considerable distance to a pallet and on top of that be IMMUNE to any hit. If Behavior makes a point of nerfing killers and perks that are being used a lot, why has this perk never been changed?

Comments

  • kinda boring when we got all this creative perks and everybody uses the exact same four perks 😒

  • @sonata93 said:

    The perk itself is okay. I mean, I agree it's for sure a 'third health state' as people say, and has the ability to extend a chase by minutes if used at the correct time.

    I only think DH is really unfair now because of hit validation. It's so ridiculous that the killer gets the 'hit' and has to sit through the cool-down animation while the survivors get a second chance. It's definitely become a clutch perk.

    Yeah Dead hard as designed really isn't that problematic.

    The I-frames plus distance may be a bit much when used well but it was attenuated previously by being unreliable at the server level.

    Hit validation changed all that. Now you have priority for DH and at pallets so you can basically extend chases on validation alone nearly.

    Is it a crutch? no... its just a perk like any other.

    Something better than the current hit validation is the balancing fix needed for chases.

  • @Gigante said:

    This perk is at 99,99% in my killer matches. It's extremely frustrating to be absolutely sure you were going to land the hit on the survivor and finally hook him up but suddenly the survivor dodged your hit and managed to get into another safe loop.

    Dead Hard is a perk that you only need to be injured to activate. Oh really? Just that? This is considered the strongest Survivors perk and since it was released there has never been a significant change to it. It's ridiculous that the survivor can use this perk, get a considerable distance to a pallet and on top of that be IMMUNE to any hit. If Behavior makes a point of nerfing killers and perks that are being used a lot, why has this perk never been changed?

    Same here. And the fact that it can be used every time again in chase is the most frustrating thing for me.

  • @ElizaSteph said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2743654#Comment_2743654

    I’m not, I have 2k hours in the game. I’ve just seen plenty of matches where good killers have baited a dh and forced survs to use it early, dh into a corner, etc. Especially on killers like demo, huntress, or death slinger. I take back saying it’s pretty easy, I guess it isn’t, but it’s possible and decent killers have done it fairly well in my time playing. Plenty of times dead hards don’t even help and you get downed two seconds later.It’s happened to the best dbd players. Even after it’s been fixed it doesn’t work all the time. But even if we say it’s impossible to bat it out and you can’t counter it no matter what, sb can still extend a chase in the same tile and do the same thing when timed right. It takes more skill, but it’s still possible and thats ACTUALLY easier when you get the hang of it. If you’ve ran from the beginning and have it 99ed either from touching a gen at half way, running, and then finishing it before you have it, or walking to get it back before constantly running, etc, you basically have a dead hard at that point. If you have just a moment of distance you can easily use it to get an extra loop. Just keep running and spinning around so you keep it active until the killer is close enough to want to swing. I’ve done it before when prestiging and not having dh available. I’m not saying dead hard is completely fair and not broken at all, I’m just saying I think it gets a worse rep than sprint burst just because of the limit of when it can be used. It’s only used when you’re vulnerable so killers feel more entitled to the hit. Not in a bad way, I can understand it being a well deserved down and I’d feel entitled to it too if I played killer more. But a sprint burst play can do the exact same thing. Especially if the loop you’re at is better than one you could run to. It might be a wait of distance from sb, but it’s def possible to use it to extend chase in tile.

    I think if dead hard got nerfed, we would just see the same similar plays with sb. No negativity or bitterness was in my response, I’ve just played long enough to know that even if dh is broken and gets nerfed survivors would just adapt to the same plays with sb. You said if you ######### up you get hit, but if you’re already injured and have sprint burst ready, you’re probably fine if you’ve got good timing on it.

    Which requires paying attention to your exhaustion and then holding your sprint until needed, dead hard is a button at any time, and you don't have to let go of sprint to make it active. I won't have an issue with sb especially since my favorite killer to play is huntress, and I know sb won't make my hatchet hit not register like dead hard does. Literally hatchet hits, disappears, I literally see blood and have the sound effect but dead hard saved them.

  • @KajdanKi said:

    We can talk about killers in same way.

    Its very frustrating to go against killer who olays like trash whole match, looping him like a baby just to die on very first hook when gate is open due to NOED and facecamping noob.

    If you know you encounter dh each match why dont u use perks giving exhaust debuff???

    As others said not many perks provide a good exhaustion effect and most killers don't have exhaustion add ons. Also this feels very us vs them which I think isn't needed. Contribute to the actual topic, if you have something else to say make your own topic.

  • @cantelope said:

    I just wish it would be more honest and just be a third health state. Reward points for the hit, trigger abilities for a hit, just be a third hit. As it is right now it's just a third hit that bypasses all abilities and forces the hit cooldown on killer.

    For me thats fine is what is made for and deserve it but distance dead hard kills me.

  • @HuntressWife said:

    It's literally so easy to counter. Just get close but don't hit them, they'll use their dead hard, then hit them. It's that easy.

    man i love waiting for dead hard, i always put some elevator music while i'm waiting it. /s

  • I consider Dead Hard through bear traps to be a bug. I don’t report people for exploiting the bug, but know that I am judging them harshly. Very harshly. I may or may not let them bleed out for a little bit when they’re the last one I catch.

1 2 3 ›