Are all bubba makes get deletet or just the smart face and if so why?

I mean i get the whole deal with theses racist scum but why take away all makes when the smart face is the problem

Comments

  • All of them are being deleted.

  • Because it creates a stand-out that would seem like coddling. Plus, Survivorface (Jake) was also problematic in Asian regions, I believe.

  • In the context of Bubba's lore, Smartface isn't a problem.

    In the context of a social game like DBD, the problem is children trying to cope with their own insecurities by taking out their frustration on a historically/currently marginalized population demographic using a cosmetic which has an extremely easy connotation made to a historical a tool for said marginalization.

    The irony is that said bad actors will attribute a targeted removal of only Smartface to racism by BHVR and so the cleanest solution is to axe them all.

    Loss isn't something that people are comfortable with so knee-jerk reactions will fall in-line with "Why are you taking something from me" when little thought is put into it. Ultimately though, it is necessary given current social climates and the global reach of DBD.

  • @AnObserver said:

    In the context of Bubba's lore, Smartface isn't a problem.

    In the context of a social game like DBD, the problem is children trying to cope with their own insecurities by taking out their frustration on a historically/currently marginalized population demographic using a cosmetic which has an extremely easy connotation made to a historical a tool for said marginalization.

    The irony is that said bad actors will attribute a targeted removal of only Smartface to racism by BHVR and so the cleanest solution is to axe them all.

    Loss isn't something that people are comfortable with so knee-jerk reactions will fall in-line with "Why are you taking something from me" when little thought is put into it. Ultimately though, it is necessary given current social climates and the global reach of DBD.

    Okey that was a really good explanation and I kinda get it. I was just curious cause I got bubba recently and just startet working my way to the cosmetics cause I thought this was one hell of a good and funny idea to get cosmetics that even ty into the killers lore so nice

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737376#Comment_2737376

    Okey that was a really good explanation and I kinda get it. I was just curious cause I got bubba recently and just startet working my way to the cosmetics cause I thought this was one hell of a good and funny idea to get cosmetics that even ty into the killers lore so nice

    Oh, I totally agree with you, I do like the progression element and thematic tie to the Killer as well (And hope frameworks like that are introduced with less hostile subject matter in other areas of the game), Hopefully the attention that this system received will also be a catalyst for reintroduction of said framework elsewhere.