BHVR's lack of action indirectly promotes the bullying of killers

I'm sick and tired of the bad MMR, I can't put up with the blatant bullying and belitting from survivors who abuse broken map design and even more busted perks to make my life completely miserable.

Three gens pop during the first chase and I can't even get to tier 2 of my power with Nemesis... meanwhile what are the devs doing? They're nerfing Nemesis instead, a killer who (like many others) struggles severely against any competent survivors who also happen to be in a group of premades.

nemesis getting laughed at.png

This is a common occurence whenever I try to play any other killer besides Pyramid Head (the only one who can deal with this obscene meta), it's truly ridiculous. BHVR's lack of understanding of the meta has contributed to creating an environment which heavily promotes the ongoing dehumanization and bullying of killers, it's simply disgusting.

None of these players feel any shame for what they're doing nor do they bother to reflect on the root of these issues. Playing killer isn't fun, it's absolute hell. I wish there would be ANY empathy from the survivor side of the community, but there isn't.

All you get are "ez" and "l2p" or "uninstall" as endgame reactions from people who will happily abuse the survivor sided nature of this game.

Comments

  • @Tiufal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2736984#Comment_2736984

    Someone whos saying camping is the most viable strategy obviously has no idea how to play killer properly. Typical case of git gud.

    That's not completely true. Even Otz's video examining the issue showed that camping, tunneling and NOED generally results in multiple kills. For myself, I don't do it because I would rather have a 4E than do that. It also leads to a situation where MMR inflates enough that the average killer player who camps has weak enough chasing skills they get taken apart by a coordinated SWF and ends up in a lose lose situation ( get stomped by sweaty groups at least half of the games or deliberately lose a large amount of games to lower MMR). However, not camping or tunneling is my personal choice and the only person who has to play by my rules is me.

    The problem isn't that DbD is survivor sided or killer sided; it's that it rewards doing something that's horribly unfun for the other side. That's not the designers' intent as the most fun way for everyone also gives out the most BP so they're trying to reward engaging gameplay but the most efficient ways to kill or escape are also strategies that hurt BP.

    I'm not singling your post out for this comment; it was just the most convenient to respond to. Imo, rather than people doing an us vs them, I think it would be better if people worked on ideas to shake up the mechanics so camping, tunneling and gen rushing weren't so viable and it would be easier for both sides to have fun.

  • @Canas said:

    I'm sick and tired of the bad MMR, I can't put up with the blatant bullying and belitting from survivors who abuse broken map design and even more busted perks to make my life completely miserable.

    Three gens pop during the first chase and I can't even get to tier 2 of my power with Nemesis... meanwhile what are the devs doing? They're nerfing Nemesis instead, a killer who (like many others) struggles severely against any competent survivors who also happen to be in a group of premades.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/E1OS9TUB8ZRF/nemesis-getting-laughed-at.png

    This is a common occurence whenever I try to play any other killer besides Pyramid Head (the only one who can deal with this obscene meta), it's truly ridiculous. BHVR's lack of understanding of the meta has contributed to creating an environment which heavily promotes the ongoing dehumanization and bullying of killers, it's simply disgusting.

    None of these players feel any shame for what they're doing nor do they bother to reflect on the root of these issues. Playing killer isn't fun, it's absolute hell. I wish there would be ANY empathy from the survivor side of the community, but there isn't.

    All you get are "ez" and "l2p" or "uninstall" as endgame reactions from people who will happily abuse the survivor sided nature of this game.

    this game is not survivor-sided. The killing rates are at around 50 % which means that the game is balanced.

    Killers are only annoyed because the time of the easy 4ks is over, and that will never come back just accept it

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303716/bhvrs-lack-of-action-indirectly-promotes-the-bullying-of-killers

    this game is not survivor-sided. The killing rates are at around 50 % which means that the game is balanced.

    Killers are only annoyed because the time of the easy 4ks is over, and that will never come back just accept it

    Except those kill rate % means nothing since we don't know what they used, what map and how they got the kills . Also if the 50% case is what you want to factor it by, then each survivor should only be able to escape 12.5% of the time which we know is not true at all.

  • @Canas said:

    I'm sick and tired of the bad MMR, I can't put up with the blatant bullying and belitting from survivors who abuse broken map design and even more busted perks to make my life completely miserable.

    Three gens pop during the first chase and I can't even get to tier 2 of my power with Nemesis... meanwhile what are the devs doing? They're nerfing Nemesis instead, a killer who (like many others) struggles severely against any competent survivors who also happen to be in a group of premades.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/E1OS9TUB8ZRF/nemesis-getting-laughed-at.png

    This is a common occurence whenever I try to play any other killer besides Pyramid Head (the only one who can deal with this obscene meta), it's truly ridiculous. BHVR's lack of understanding of the meta has contributed to creating an environment which heavily promotes the ongoing dehumanization and bullying of killers, it's simply disgusting.

    None of these players feel any shame for what they're doing nor do they bother to reflect on the root of these issues. Playing killer isn't fun, it's absolute hell. I wish there would be ANY empathy from the survivor side of the community, but there isn't.

    All you get are "ez" and "l2p" or "uninstall" as endgame reactions from people who will happily abuse the survivor sided nature of this game.

    Person runs bad killer build against survivors using their best stuff, blames the game for their loss

    this and more at 6

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2736984#Comment_2736984

    "by far the most viable strategy"

    Hi have you heard of gen perks? They work substantially better and even do so vs a SWF instead of just clapping solos.

    Most gen slowdown perks are not worth their perk slot.

  • Fam, it is really important to not take end game chat and the like seriously. You just laugh it off and move on. If you can't take the heat, you should really consider playing survivor or a balanced competitive game. Once this starts affecting your mental health is when you are taking it a step too far.


    I mean, what is Behavior supposed to do about it? I do not play PC, but surely you can just disable chat, no?

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2736224#Comment_2736224

    They saw Nemesis players were mostly using these two yellow addons and nerfed them. Because trying figure out why Nemesis players are using those addons over other ones is too hard.

    wE wAnT dIvErSiTy In AdD-oNs


    -A dbd dev

    Lol

  • There are issues in the game design although I have no smart or meaningful commentaries. For the current time, I am dedicating most, if not all, my time as a Survivor player because Killer is really intolerable and impossible to play as.

    Ever since the nerf for Deathslinger who I had been maining for more than a year, I am unable to even get a single kill in most games and I don't like to rely on camping or tunnelling, but it's hopeless gameplay most of the time. My MMR is not even that high, I rarely got more than two kills because I didn't like to try-hard in all my games and still only get full 4-man death squads.

1 2 ›