Is Pyramid Head (Executioner) a good killer for beginners?
I tried him a few times and honestly he doesn't seem too difficult to play/understand. I just want to hear what you guys think about him.
I tried him a few times and honestly he doesn't seem too difficult to play/understand. I just want to hear what you guys think about him.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's good to use I'm All Ears for some time. It helps you learn how survivors react to you while they break line of sight.
He is decent killer, not as good as before, but still one of better killers. I prefer Nemesis tho.
If you can handle the jank and lack of good Add-ons then yes. Like Dino said, I'm all Ears is a good Perk and especially a good beginner Perk on him.
I started playing him less and less as I am reeeaaalllyyy enjoying Spirit recently. There is a chance that I am leaving him for Spirt.
Honestly I'm not entirely sure. He's fairly easy to pick up but hard to master, and a lot of his power outside of animation lock revolves around knowing survivor pathing which you wouldn't do as a new player. But then again, he can really help you learn survivor pathing and improve your skill with all other killers.
But because I can and will plug this at any given moment I made a guide for learning him you may find useful!
I don't think so.
Sure he needs mechanical skills (Range, delay, cooldown...) but also a good gamesense to cage when you need it.
Hes a little more complex than a standard M1 killer hes like a medium skilled killer because of his extra play style with Cage of attonement. There are definately things he can do that almost no others can such as attacking through walls and obsticles that could spoil you just know tho that skilled survivors can also dodge his attack so at first dont heavily rely on it. Listen to Karu they generally give sound advice as well as being helpful.
You actually do ok just Caging whenever you get a chance. On average the Cages save about 10 total seconds over picking up and carrying someone to a hook, so even setting aside the benefit that they can’t be saved from a Cage action that time savings allows you to Cage someone and get into a new chase in the same time it takes to get a hook.
Sure, to be truly optimal you also would consider how close the gens are to you for example, but if you just Cage every time you’re still getting a lot of the value from it.
I'd say no. He's mid-strong, but the weird controls while using his power are hard to get used to and don't translate well to other killers. That, and, it takes some game sense to predict what survivors will do so that you can hit ranged shots through walls, which can be mitigated with certain perks, but then you're not using stronger perks.
I'd recommend Wraith, Pig, and Leatherface to newer players.
He was the very first Killer I've played. I didn't find him hard to play neither, but against good Survivors, it can be tricky. Keep playing him if you feel he fits your playstyle but for a new player, I'd recommand a M1 Killer like Wraith. He's easy to use, which lets you more time to understand basics of the game. Plus, when he's cloaked, he has a decent speed to patrol the map.
If really you love PH, I'd also recommand to watch people playing him. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of guides/gameplay videos on YouTube. You could find a strategy with him you didn't think of.
Spirit is pretty cool. I like her power.