Thank you for considering the change to 'Wiggle...'

I have some friends that really struggle with it due to various limitations.

I really want to emphasize their gratitude and hopefulness regarding this announcement.

Comments

  • No more breaking ones control analog stick, or keyboard letters.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    No more breaking ones control analog stick, or keyboard letters.

    It is, imo, a positive change with universal benefit.

  • I'm hoping there will be an option to keep the wiggle we have now, I'm not personally into "turn every thing into Skill-Checks" thing

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727765#Comment_2727765

    Me too.

    I'm all for accessibility but for me the skill checks are going to be more difficult. I hope they have a setting to keep the old wiggle.

    Same. Moving the left stick in a circle will always be easier than hitting Skill-Checks

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727805#Comment_2727805

    I also think skill checks are becoming a tad overused now. Like everything is just being turned into skill checks to the point where they're becoming a bit overbearing IMO.

    Skill checks are a lot harder for newer players. There's already a big gap between new players and experiences ones, I don't think we should be actively making it more difficult. I have a friend who picked up the game recently and is finding skill checks a complete nightmare to learn.

    I remember the days when I thought Toolboxes with the no Skill-Checks Add-on was op

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727805#Comment_2727805

    I also think skill checks are becoming a tad overused now. Like everything is just being turned into skill checks to the point where they're becoming a bit overbearing IMO.

    Skill checks are a lot harder for newer players. There's already a big gap between new players and experiences ones, I don't think we should be actively making it more difficult. I have a friend who picked up the game recently and is finding skill checks a complete nightmare to learn.

    Struggle and wiggle being skill check based (with those skillchecks being easier to hit) is actually helping new players to get adjusted to them….


    Also… except for those two where were skillchecks used anyway? (Just asking because I genuinely don’t remember… it’s not called overused just because of struggle and now wiggle getting changed after all)

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727843#Comment_2727843

    Ehh I don't agree.

    I probably didn't explain myself well but I have a mental disability that affects my ability to concentrate. When it plays up I can find skill checks really difficult. I have 3000+ hours in the game and have spent ages practicing them and I can usually hit them pretty consistently. But when my disability gets bad I literally can't play the game because of it otherwise I just fail skillchecks constantly and lose.

    They're used in repair, healing, glyphs, struggling, DS, Cages of Torment, Jigsaw Boxes, Solving the Lament Configuration etc.

    I understand the need for accessibility and I'm happy the game is becoming more accessible to players with repetitive strain injuries and other physical disabilities but if they continue to implement changes like this without providing the ability to opt-in to the old wiggle then they're excluding players with conditions like mine 😟

    That seems like it would be better to have an alternative for skillchecks in general though… (and I do like the idea of making struggle and wiggle having a toggle setting so you could choose if you use old or skillcheck system - as long as one doesn’t give an advantage over the other)

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727865#Comment_2727865

    I don't think there's really anything else they could implement in place of skillchecks though.

    It wasn't too big of a problem for me because when I was having trouble with skillchecks I'd just go and run the killer instead but now they've changed hook struggling and are going to change wiggling to skill checks too. Idk at that point I feel like I'd just not bother playing because it'd just be frustrating for me.

    I really can't see any reason why there isn't already a toggle option.

    The Beta actually makes me hopeful for those toggle options to be introduced :)

  • I personally like the way wiggling currently is and don't want it to turn into skill checks as most survivor interactions involve them at this point and I'm a bit sick of them. Not everything needs a skill check.

    However, I do think there should be an option to change the way wiggling works for those that want it. I believe that the new wiggling will be opt-in and opt-out for testing reasons, and I would like it to stay like that even after it has been tested.

  • Thank you for what? Now power struggle is dead in my opinion.

  • @Sakurra said:

    Thank you for what? Now power struggle is dead in my opinion.

    ...Why?

    Nothing's actually changing about the wiggle mechanic, you just increase the bar with skillchecks instead of tapping A and D, or whatever it is on console. There's literally zero reason to assume the actual time it takes to wiggle will change?

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2728035#Comment_2728035

    ...Why?

    Nothing's actually changing about the wiggle mechanic, you just increase the bar with skillchecks instead of tapping A and D, or whatever it is on console. There's literally zero reason to assume the actual time it takes to wiggle will change?

    Well you use spacebar to drop the pallet same as the key for hitting skill checks. Wouldn't surprise me if bhvr managed to break the interaction now that the keybind is the same.

  • All skill checks need to scale with the individual player's MMR. Make them all slower and easier for newbie players, and way faster and harder for top tier players.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2728055#Comment_2728055

    Well you use spacebar to drop the pallet same as the key for hitting skill checks. Wouldn't surprise me if bhvr managed to break the interaction now that the keybind is the same.

    They could just change power struggle to use active ability button to drop a pallet while being carried.