As BHVR is 100% Committed to Ignoring Cheating
They should re-add modding. Surely it is completely nonsensical that cheaters can use their hacks for advantage with impunity while the harmless but fun possibilities of modding are impossible. Of course, with modding skins people would be less likely to buy cosmetics...
Tagged:
BHVR
Comments
i dont think making trapper's traps neon pink and other stuff colored was harmless fun
As much fun as stuff like Thick David, Shrek, and changing the pointing animation into a backflip was, modding allowed for people to make the game easier by making traps and killers eye-searingly easy to spot, or by making walls and lockers see-through. We can't have nice things if people use them to cheat in the game.
I guess they can´t do anything. Seriously, they would if they could.
Saw this Tur Jay video today where this hacker clicked his flashlight for minutes like an idiot and was so proud in the after chat... these people are stupid and won´t stop.
Yeah, modding made it a bit too easy to cheat, so please don't bring it back.
'I'm going to reskin the trappers traps to have a bright orange skin!'
or
'I'm going to reskin the lockers transparent so I can see if a Survivor is inside!'
or
'I'm going to reskin the Killer/Survivors so I can see them across even the largest, darkest levels!'
All are just other methods of cheating.
Thick David and Shrek? Can you give me YouTube keywords I could use to look this magnificence up?
Thank you! <3
Claudette is never done with her bush. She has a huge one hidden from plain view. Only special individuals are allowed to see it.
they are clearly ignoring cheaters thus they should allow this specific method of cheating which they patched…??? This topic doesn’t make any sense???
I spit out my drink laughing at this LOL
The magical mod no one could ever actually point to existing and seemed to pop up on twitter when a comp Blight got called out for stretched res and started a "what about." for deflection. Worked like a charm, since stretched res is still in, as are SWF comms, filters, equalizers etc. I am sure it had nothing to do with not wanting people to make their own outfits which would make them less likely to buy the latest Feng outfit for 11 dollars.
I find the 'but but Trapper neon pink :(' argument pretty funny considering that BHVR themselves just put out a map in which the traps are pretty much just that visible anyway.
gotta love the usual DBD community logic, "if its broken, break it more!"
Closing as there were a lot of links on this thread to things that shouldn't be on an Official forum.