Would you rework all hex perks into basic perks?
A lot of people hate how hexes are too RNG. One game you get so much value from it... another, it get cleansed in seconds; and you get nothing with it. Would you, then, prefer hexes to be reworked into basic perks (with more restrictions added to compensate for the buff obvioulsy)? I like the idea behind hexes mechanic, its quite original... but i think its also quite unfair for killers.
(Side note: i'm only talking about hexes... not boon totems).
Comments
That's the point of HEX: perks. You are getting into a lottery, where you will get a powerful perk, but with the additional thing you have to account for - it can be cleansed. Transfering them into basic perks will result in arguably unhealthy experience. This is the same as proposing for BOON: totems to be setuped at the start of the game and not being able to be snuffed by the killer. How bad does it sound?
No, but there’s a definite problem with the spawns. I’ve seen numerous circumstances where I could not even beeline right to a totem on the other side of the map at the start of the match to protect it before it got cleansed. Having a Hex totem spawn next to a generator is problematic as well.
I also have a serious issue with how Boon totems can be relit with impunity when Circle of Healing alone is already stronger and more game changing than a vast majority of Hex totems.
But I'd still keep the Hex Perks.
Ruin -> Surge
Devour Hope -> Rancor
The Third Seal -> ???
Blood Favor -> ???
Crowd Control -> Bamboozle
Haunted Grounds -> ??? (Make Your Choice?)
Huntress Lullaby -> Overcharge (No real direct comparison to reducing sound cue)
Plaything -> Hysteria (but that Perk could use some love)
Thrill of the Hunt -> Totem Specific
Undying -> Hex Specific
Retribution -> Bitter Murmur
All? No.
Many? Yes.
Perks like Retribution and Thrill that are meant to protect totems should not be totems themselves.
Many perks are simply not strong enough to justify hex status.
I don’t have a problem in general with Hexes being high powered effects with the risk of being shut down by a survivor destroying it. People who are ok assuming the risk can enjoy using them, people who don’t like the swinginess can use other perks.
That said there are a couple of Hexes I wouldn’t mind seeing get tweaked
I think I might be more or less ok with the other Hexes at this point.
The whole point of Hex Perks is that they are high risk, high reward. If anything the totem spawns need changed (especially the very obvious ones)
Not all, but some would be really nice.
A ruin perk - maybe not to the full amount but somewhat.
But i think they won´t rework these, there will simply be scourge perks from now on.
No, but I'd definitely re-balance them since Boons are super-powered. They need to be fixable or maybe killers should be able to break bones. As is, an insult to injury.