LEFT FOR DEAD ACHIEVEMENT seems damn near impossible

Unless you get a non tryhard killer, the game is different now to when this was added, it should be changed.

Its annoying since the rest of my achivements are just grinding, this one is stopping me from 100%

Does a survivor dcing count ?

Comments

  • Since it can still be done they can't change it on console and they aren't going to change it only for PC.

    It definitely is a tricky one to complete since closing the hatch prevents you from finishing gens. You either need a killer that let's you finish gens after your teammates DC'd/died or you need all your teammates to be dead/DC before you pop the final gen - and in both cases escape through exit gate not hatch. I got it thanks to a Freddy that let me finish gens after my teammates DC'd or killed themselves.

  • I did it, and it bugged. So... Well, that is likely to never happen again. Rofl.

  • @bm33 said:

    Since it can still be done they can't change it on console and they aren't going to change it only for PC.

    It definitely is a tricky one to complete since closing the hatch prevents you from finishing gens. You either need a killer that let's you finish gens after your teammates DC'd/died or you need all your teammates to be dead/DC before you pop the final gen - and in both cases escape through exit gate not hatch. I got it thanks to a Freddy that let me finish gens after my teammates DC'd or killed themselves.

    thanks for that, so if they dc I can still get it? At my low survivor mmr the killers are tryhards

  • I was able to get it but it took me a few days of several hours each to get. It's something nearly out of your control and the stars gotta align just right to be able to get it. The skill between the killer and everyone else needs to be just right 3 dead but being able to finish that last gen you left at 99%.

    As the last survivor left alive can't confirm, but I believe D/C are treated as dead survivors. Need someone that knows the inside of the system to confirm.

    The perks i used that helps the most to get this was adrenaline, hope, some chill, and wake up.

  • I got lucky that a killer let me farm it. He tried to give me hatch but I wiggled out and ran straight to the last gen, pointed at it, then started working on it. He played a long and let me finish it and go out the gate. Thanks Twins player!

  • @gammatsunami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722293#Comment_2722293

    thanks for that, so if they dc I can still get it? At my low survivor mmr the killers are tryhards

    Yeah, as long as you're the last survivor you can get it, doesn't matter how the other survivors left the game. One night I had rare 4swf going with my brother, husband, and nephew. My nephew was at home while rest of us were at my brother's. Start of one match we lost power so 3 of us ended up DCing thanks to that. Killer farmed with my nephew letting him complete all 5 gens and then escaping, he ended up getting the trophy.

  • @BlackRabies said:

    I was able to get it but it took me a few days of several hours each to get. It's something nearly out of your control and the stars gotta align just right to be able to get it. The skill between the killer and everyone else needs to be just right 3 dead but being able to finish that last gen you left at 99%.

    As the last survivor left alive can't confirm, but I believe D/C are treated as dead survivors. Need someone that knows the inside of the system to confirm.

    The perks i used that helps the most to get this was adrenaline, hope, some chill, and wake up.

    Thats the problem. They need to be good enough to kill the other 3, but not so good that they catch me at the gate. Plus most killers will close the gen, even if theyre letting me farm as the last one. A 4 man swf would make it a bit easier, even then its rough.


    It sucks since it was made for a different version of dbd, and other than it I could 100% the game. This is all I have left to do, I am waiting on rank reset for the rest of the adepts.

    Untitled.png


  • I got it twice after killers went afk.

    Allegedly, it's bugged and it triggers also when you simply complete any gen after everyone is dead, not necessarily the last gen.

    I don't have proof that it's true, but if you're achievement hunting and you're the last survivor, it's worth a shot.

    The build I suggest is poised, wake up, spine chill, and adren or an exhaustion perk for mid trial. Honorable mention to calm spirit and urban evasion as well, to not scare those crows in endgame. A medkit is a good idea in general, but especially if you don't bring adren.

    Pop the gen and book it to a door. If it wasn't the last one, you will have to wait for the killer to close the hatch. If they have No Way Out, you can thank bhvr for nerfing this achievement even more. Prep the door before popping the first red light, then finish when the killer rotates.

    Good luck.

  • Thanks for that. I have been trying to days, it feels damn near impossible. I wish the consoles would let them change it. Killers just arent nice. It sucks I need to sandbag my team and hope they die at the end.

    Is there a name I can change to on steam that might let killers know what I am doing?


    Makes me not wanna bother with the others since I know I wont get this one, might give up

  • @gammatsunami said:

    Thanks for that. I have been trying to days, it feels damn near impossible. I wish the consoles would let them change it. Killers just arent nice. It sucks I need to sandbag my team and hope they die at the end.

    Is there a name I can change to on steam that might let killers know what I am doing?

    Makes me not wanna bother with the others since I know I wont get this one, might give up

    It's probably better to attempt this one when you can be in a 4-man swf. Go to a large map, take note if you got favorable gate spawns, have your teammates throw the game in the end and die as far as possible from the last gen that you will leave 99'd (it's better if they stand still on the ground to get crows if the killer slugs for the 4k). Hide a couple of tiles away from the gen until the last teammates is hooked. When the hatch icon appears, pop the gen and run away with poised. Try the build I posted above.

  • I got this by dressing as a default baby Claudette and getting the last gen to 99%. Then I did what Claudettes do best and hid until the last survivor got caught then watched her die before popping the gen. I ran to the door and prepped it to just the point before the first light went on then continued once the heart beat disappeared. You have to be ready for the killer to come back. If he does the best strategy is to drop your item and crouch walk towards them and hope you get mercy.

    Same strategy worked for the achievement on PS4, PS5 and PC. Once I managed to open the door before the killer returned, the other two times the killer let me go.