Way to dark
The devs did something to the maps. Both pyramid heads map and the swamp are so damn dark I literally can't see a thing. At the large jungle gym with the platform in the swamp map, if I go underneath it, my monitor darkens to the point the screen is literally black.
I cant see.
At the school, inside the rooms the same thing happens. My monitor almost shuts off. I can't see a thing.
I was playing nurse on the swamp, was chasing a claudette who decided to play blendette tactics. Every chase I lost her because I just couldn't see anything.
Match went on for 10 minutes of finding, blinking, following, and then losing bc I couldn't see anything.
I just DC'D the match because I was having a miserable time trying to see anything. Something is going on with this latest patch bc I never used to have this problem .
Like, it being a little dark is one thing, but when my monitor turns the hell off and I can't see a thing at all that's a massive issue.
I cant play if I can't see.
Comments
And not even Screenshots.
I did not notice any difference and first time I read that something is different.
Are you playing on console or PC?
Pc. I mean If nobody is having this issue I wonder if it's my monitor then.
What graphics settings are you on? Shadows are turned up to 11 on Ultra (not literally, I think the value they use is 3) but if you play on Low/Medium you should see a noticeable improvement?
Programs like ReShade or Nvidia Filters can also help raise the brightness if needed.
Alternatively it's possible to edit the engine config files themsleves to keep high graphics but lower shadows (also there is possible to uncap FPS).
Ultra. Yeah. But still, is it normal for monitors to go black? As I'm moving around my screen changes from bright to literally off almost on those maps.
On Ultra on some of these maps? Honestly wouldn't surprise me. I've got my settings customised to suit my eyes perfectly because omg are the base ones lacking in so many ways. Even on High it's about as dark as the subtext of Narnia then you go to Medium and suddenly there's no shadows at all.