My killer stats - the first 100 entries
Hello everyone,
inspired by all the data jockeys here I started my own little stats collection and with my first 50 trials down I wanna publish them for you to pick apart.
Surprisingly the meta perks weren't that prevalent in my games, so maaaybe I am not that high MMR as I always thought, or I developed a more chill playstyle? Still, with an average kill rate of 2,64 I am not too shabby and way over the 2K mean.
Well, lets discuss ^^ The first pic shows all the games I played one after the other with all the stats I collected. The second pic has all the killers grouped together so that we can examine that I am a pretty slick Pyramid Head main. Yay!! Nearly the end of my survey I decided to add DC numbers into the mix, but I hadnt experienced that many DCs beforehead, maybe 3 or 4.
GL and HF next game, my dudes and dudettes
EDIT: I finished my next 50 games, here are the stats. Oh boi, for the most part everything was smooth sailing, but as of today I hit the high MMR regions, I guess, and had nothing but aweful game after aweful game with full meta builds and gloating and EZ EZ and t-bagging and flashlight clicking galore. Well, you reap what you sow, right? Play too good and that's your reward.





Comments
I have 1 question, how did you manage to play so many Killer games without ripling your hair out? If you tell me your strategy, I'll start doing these myself
Other than that, great numbers and it's quite funny how there were as many escapes as Dead Hards
If you ever decide to do such an experiment again, be sure to add Hooks and your definition of tunneling/camping, as I'm pretty that most people have different definitions for these tactics. Also, maybe include how Survivors got sacrificed, either due to camping/tunneling or "normal" gameplay, like randomly finding them after they got unhooked or leaving them be and actively trying to avoid them until you've already hooked someone else
Thanks for the reply ^^ Well, I just love playing the killer role, even though its sooomtimes tough. But I guess I am doing alright. My main strategie is just to roam around, finally stumble over a survivor, chase them a bit and after a while he escapes or I get a down. If I down the survivor I then approach, look around if there is a cheeky flashlight save waiting for me behind a rock, then face a wall, pick the survivor up, walk over to the next hook, and then roam around to one of the gens, to pressure there, only starting hard proxi-camping or tunneling, once 3 gens are done and I got no kill by that time or aint satisfied with my performance. I often explain it like playing as if I had Devour Hope equiped, ie run away from the hook, unless some super cheeky survivor tries the unhook right in my face. I then normally run to one of the gens and often surprise the survivors there who probably thought that they could savely do the first gen (which often is at 85%+ at the time).
If the game turns out to be sweaty and against really good survivors, I make it a coin toss in my head if I can stomach a sweaty game or if I just keep playing chill and let them escape with 3-4, but hopefully get better luck with my next group of cute, little survivors. The thing with hooks is that I would have to keep count while playing, while nearly all my stats could be easily gathered at the after-game-screen.
A few explanations (that probably skewed the metric a bit): not all my 4K ended with all survivors dying. I like giving the last one the hatch, but only if I downed them and thus could have sacrificed them, ie asserted dominance. I still counted this as a 4K and only noted a hatch if the survivor actively found it before I could down them and escaped on their own. With the column "Toxic or not" I noted down how the survivors behaved during the game. A few clickety clicks or t-bags after pallet vaults were noted as "light BM", while actively harassing me and trying to ruin my experience was noted as "Toxic". The "Toxic!!!" denotes a game where they harrassed me and also wrote some spicy stuff in the after-game-chat and/or went out of their way to totally stomp me and leave me with nothing, ie making sure that I got 0-2 hooks and practically couldnt do anything all game. I know, I know, some peeps here concider this "good, well coordinated survivors doing just their job and trying to not get killed", but I guess most of you guys know what I mean.
Tunneled/Camped: here I marked down if I did the dirty deed. I usually keep an eye on my hooks, but not the first ones, but I only actively proxy-camp when the game turns south for me, this is when I wrote down "light", ie actively roaming around the hook so that I could reach it, while still somewhat patroling gens. A sound "Yes" marks a game were either the survivors somehow pissed me off that I tunneld/camped one of them out of the game, or where I went all in against a sweat-squad with my own sweat, which usually means that you have to tunnel. I didn't concider camping at a hook during the EGC real camping, as there are no more gens to patrol, and going for the gates only makes sense in very few instances.
With the survivors perks I just counted how many of the meta perks I encountered, or what I deemed meta. DH, BT, IW and unbreakable are pretty selfexplanatory. I also lumped in Proof Thyself/Leader, as this are also pretty common, but they are no perks that actively gave me a headache, I just wanted to see if they were significantly represented. And then I counted all the Boon perks that were used against me, noting down CoH seperately, and the other two lumped together under one header.
I sorta half-main Bubba and always come back to him if I feel down and want to scare some survivors, because all this bodyblocking or cheeky unhooking stuff just doesn't work against Bubba. Sadly his kit is easily abused for facecamping, because I think that he is an excellently designed killer thats always scary, yet manageble with clear cut weaknesses.
That said, I take pains of NOT camping with Bubba, because he got such a bad reputation. I play him with Tinkerer, so normally when I hook someone, somewhere on the map a gen will reach 70%. Nothing brings me more joy then crashing a gen rushing party while being Undetectable and just jumping right between them, chainsaw revving :>
My Bubba is at lvl 50 and once I used up all his cooler add-ons I wanna prestige him.
Some stats that I derived from my little shart:
I played 50 games, and I ended them in this manner:
4K: 20, 3K: 11, 2K: 6, 1K: 7, 0K: 6
So 31 games were a win, 13 a loss and 6 a draw.
My most played map was Grim Pantry with 5 trials, and on the notorious survivor sided maps Haddonfield (3) I got all wins; same for my 2 games in Badham Preschool; on Ormond (4) though I was underperforming, so this is probably one of my weaker maps. Most of the other maps were rather even, with wins and losses.
Pyramid Head and Bubba are probably my best killers (PH: 4/4/4/4/4/3/3/3/2, B: 4/3/3/3/2), but I also 4Ked my two Oni games, which is good, because I wanted to invest some more time into mastering Onis charge. My Clown games, another favorite of mine,where always extremes, either ending in a 4K or 1K.
I didn't play any matches with Nurse or Blight, as I didn't feel like it. Nurse was my first character that I leveled from 0-50, but never touched her since, as she plays so different. Maybe at one day I will try to join the cadre of OP nurs players, but right now I am pretty happy with Pyramid Head, Bubba, Oni and Clown. That being said, I didn't openly disliked any killer. During the times I took note I didn't play all my available killers, but I really don't think that you should give the meta too much consideration. Unless you sweat it every time and rise to the highest hights of the games MMR system, you can have fun games with all the killers, so just chose those that you like mechanical and thematically and don't let the meta or pick rates dissuade you from following your heart.
STATS!!!
These are great, especially with the variety of killers you used! Especially liked the "Toxic or Nice" bit.
Just a thought for maybe another time (and this could be for any stat collector), but could there be a section which relates to any post-game chat and whether it was salty or positive? That could be quite interesting to see!
Interesting how little boons seem to show up, they don't show up in my matches often but am always told they're in every match and they're op.
I'd love to see more peoples stats on this.
I dont have Stats, but the Survivors in my Killergames usually dont run Boons either. It is more the "old" Meta. The only exception are Mikaelas, basically everytime I have a Mikaela in my Lobby, they are using CoH.
When the boons were fresh out of the box I had a lot of these meme matches, where the boons were up literally everywhere and survivors had optimal healing builds and would vault and heal up right in front of my while I was still deciding if I wanted to destroy it or walk around. It was really aweful for a short while, but I guess it also wasnt THAT exciting, for the fad died down pretty fast. Still, CoH sees enough play to always keep it in the back of your heads, but many survivors seem to be reluctant to let go of their beloved "old" meta, which is a good thing, I guess? Because I still think that CoH is busted and offers too much value in one neat little package. Maybe everyone is feeling it and some peeps dont want to use it as a crutch too much, and then have it taken away in the next patch.
I think the Achievement also played a part in that. There is an Achievement for blessing 20 Hex-Totems. Once I got this, I dropped CoH immediatly. And blessing Hexes was so tiresome, it takes painfully long...
But this might also be a factor, players went for the Achievement and either got it or did not care for it at some point. Also, the "New-Factor". This wears off pretty fast.
Cool stats. 🙂 2.64 kills per match is a respectable number too. 👍
May i do a little suggestion?
As nice as it looks i personally would take 50 times of 1 killer and break it down into kills, escapes and the amount of hooks you had that game.
As a little extra you could also include the add ons you used per match.
Personally the way I play is I do a few matches a night with whatever killer I have a daily mission for that night. I like the variety, it helps keep things fresh. 🙂 I also tend to switch up my add-ons and sometimes perks too. (The only killer I refuse to play is Nurse, can’t stand that wheeze machine.)
Thanks a lot :)
Regarding the toxic/nice column: yeah, thats about as subjective as it gets, lol, but a few comments up I explained how I evaluated the survivors behavior. Also, a bit of trash talking might be ok, but if you got a crushing win, why do you need to gload about it with the likes of "Lol, ez, babykiller, worst killer ever lulz"? I guess most of this players are just kids and well, are just dumb little pre-adults, but they are easy to deal with.
Fun are those that explain the survivors rulebook to you and why you are the bad person in this game, ruining everyones fun. I met one guy, though, who explained that he farmed and fooled around most of the time and always gave the killer a mercy hook if the game went bad for them, because he doesnt care about living or dying, just that everyone got their bloodpoints. He sounded pretty genuine and I felt bad for killing him, after he gave up. Oh well :D This game and its made up rules and behaviors :D
Dead Hard and Borrowed Time are pretty much the most popular survivor perks. I didnt play much as a survivor, but enough to feel the pain of getting tunneled mercilessly of the hook without a fighting chance. I actually wouldnt mind if BT would be base kit IF you couldnt bodyblock at all and maybe even strikes went through, so that the unhooker was never save, but the unhooked survivor could get away rather easy, if they chose so.
Thanks for the suggestions.
I will keep taking notes of all my kills, as I want at one point some 300 entries, and I can always sort that document for killers (as you can see on the second pic), but just playing one killer exclusively seems tiresome, even though I would get much better with that one. The add-ons are not a bad idea, but as I am still in the process of prestigeing my favorite killers, I mostly use whatever I have at hands.
The problem with taking notes on the hooks is that I would have to do this on the fly during the match. All this data I gathered could be picked up from the after game screen and my recollection of the last few moments or overall impression of the match (did they get hatch? did they BM me a lot?), so I am actually not that hot for counting hooks.
I've started doing my own stats but I like keeping it as consistent as possible so I'm only playing 1 Killer, that being Oni oddly enough. I have switched out 1 Perk so I might do 51 games if I survive for that long
It wouldn't be that... certain players over exaggerated the usefulness of certain perks and expected them to be the only thing they ever see, it definitely wouldn't be that again, no?
You are right that people will always exeggerate here, on other forums or everywhere in the internet,ESPECIALLY when you have a valid problem at your hands. I honestly think that CoH is way too good with too many advantages in one neat little package, that everyone can benefit from. Hell, CoH has been discussed up and down all over the place, so I wont repeat it here. Lets see that a high percentage of this forums population agree that it is too strong, and I think so too, but that doesn`t mean that every other game you see some tooled out squad abusing the hell out of it.
I remember some really aweful games in the two weeks of its release where some survivors would heal up from the damage I just gave them by the time I caught up to them, but after that it slowly simmered down. CoH is BY FAR the most popular boon perk, so surprise there, but luckily most of the soloQ players seem to rely on their dependable old school meta builds. But in the hands of a properly tooled up swf group there is hardly anything you can do to counter it.
I don't understand though, because the forum also implies that you can never win against a good SWF anyway, so whether they have CoH or not doesn't matter.
Ohh numbers.
That makes me happy
No, never. Never happened before and will also never happen in the future.
But to be fair, CoH is at least a Perk which is used often compared to other Perks which got released somewhat recently. And Boons can get some Tweaks, e.g. not working on multiple floors. As I said, I rarely encounter them, but it can be annoying to face them on The Game or RPD, because their intention is that they get removed quickly by Killers, which is not the case on multifloor-Maps.
But I cannot say that I encounter CoH or Boons in every game or that I lose games just because of Boon-Perks.
Bump. I edited my original messages with the next 50 entries.