Tell me you're a survivor main without telling me you're a survivor main.

I'll give you a few easy examples to get started;

Dead Hard is a perfectly balanced perk.

CoH takes too long to bless a totem.

NOED is unfair because it rewards no skill.

Comments

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302126/tell-me-youre-a-survivor-main-without-telling-me-youre-a-survivor-main

    • I'm able to stall the game out essentially forever while still being within the 'rules'.
    • I'm able to gain a substantial bonus to information and coordination without inflating my MMR.
    • I routinely lose games not due to my own errors or the skills of the other side, but because someone else played poorly or gave up.
    • I often feel like I personally have little control on the outcome of the game.
    • I give photosensitive players headaches.
    • I don't get enough BP on games where I lose.
    • I control how the game plays out mechanically.
    • The vast majority of my perks are boring and unengaging, even the powerful ones.
    • I enjoy map offerings and further hook offerings.
    • I tend to DC a lot.
    • I wish I could play against a wider variety of opponents.
    • I think double locker flashlight saves, pseudo-infinites and unhookable deadzones thanks to a single sabo are fair.
    • It's expected to let me also win if you are winning.
    • The other side often has the power to determine whether I have fun or not.
    • I spend way too much on cosmetics.
    • I'm not always aware of how frustrating it can feel to be on the other side.
    • I should really play more of the other side.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2719505#Comment_2719505

    • I wish I could use my 4th perk slot, but it's permanently dedicated to reducing the BP grind.
    • Some of my addons are going to have to get nerfed.
    • I routinely try to give the other side a partial win.
    • I control how the game plays out narratively.
    • I'm so used to being nerfed despite my character of choice being mediocre at best that I try not to enjoy myself too much.
    • Most of the game's quirks, imbalances, nerfs and extant bugs cut against me.
    • It feels like I'm held to an honor code that the other side isn't.
    • I'm constantly paranoid about griefers, hackers and SWFs.
    • I cannot hear the opening bars of the Halloween theme without shuddering IRL.
    • I wish that I could play the character I enjoy and still feel like I have an equal chance of winning.
    • I sometimes expect someone to pop out from behind my couch with a flashlight when I pick up a fork after dropping it.
    • If I provide feedback on the game, the other side will paint it as partisan hatebaiting.
    • I'm not always aware of how frustrating it can feel to be on the other side.
    • I should really play more of the other side.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2719684#Comment_2719684

    You're not helping.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2719652#Comment_2719652

    You're not helping either.

    • DH isn't a free win, but it can amount to a third health state if used correctly and if BHVR can't fix the validation issues eating powers and giving fake hits, then DH will need to be rebalanced to account for this.
    • Moderately safe? That's fine, as long as there's some way to play around it. Being 100% unhookable with a single sabo or being able to completely guarantee a flashlight save? That needs fixing.
    • Playing your absolute best and feeling like you lost because of your choice of killer/being sent to a specific map isn't fun.

    woosh

  • This is a very cute bear

  • "It doesn't matter that you were chasing someone to an unsafe unhook and they dead harded through me: you still tunneled, get good or delete yourself."

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302126/tell-me-youre-a-survivor-main-without-telling-me-youre-a-survivor-main

    • I'm able to stall the game out essentially forever while still being within the 'rules'.
    • I'm able to gain a substantial bonus to information and coordination without inflating my MMR.
    • I routinely lose games not due to my own errors or the skills of the other side, but because someone else played poorly or gave up.
    • I often feel like I personally have little control on the outcome of the game.
    • I give photosensitive players headaches.
    • I don't get enough BP on games where I lose.
    • I control how the game plays out mechanically.
    • The vast majority of my perks are boring and unengaging, even the powerful ones.
    • I enjoy map offerings and further hook offerings.
    • I tend to DC a lot.
    • I wish I could play against a wider variety of opponents.
    • I think double locker flashlight saves, pseudo-infinites and unhookable deadzones thanks to a single sabo are fair.
    • It's expected to let me also win if you are winning.
    • The other side often has the power to determine whether I have fun or not.
    • I spend way too much on cosmetics.
    • I'm not always aware of how frustrating it can feel to be on the other side.
    • I should really play more of the other side.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2719505#Comment_2719505

    • I wish I could use my 4th perk slot, but it's permanently dedicated to reducing the BP grind.
    • Some of my addons are going to have to get nerfed.
    • I routinely try to give the other side a partial win.
    • I control how the game plays out narratively.
    • I'm so used to being nerfed despite my character of choice being mediocre at best that I try not to enjoy myself too much.
    • Most of the game's quirks, imbalances, nerfs and extant bugs cut against me.
    • It feels like I'm held to an honor code that the other side isn't.
    • I'm constantly paranoid about griefers, hackers and SWFs.
    • I cannot hear the opening bars of the Halloween theme without shuddering IRL.
    • I wish that I could play the character I enjoy and still feel like I have an equal chance of winning.
    • I sometimes expect someone to pop out from behind my couch with a flashlight when I pick up a fork after dropping it.
    • If I provide feedback on the game, the other side will paint it as partisan hatebaiting.
    • I'm not always aware of how frustrating it can feel to be on the other side.
    • I should really play more of the other side.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2719684#Comment_2719684

    You're not helping.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2719652#Comment_2719652

    You're not helping either.

    • DH isn't a free win, but it can amount to a third health state if used correctly and if BHVR can't fix the validation issues eating powers and giving fake hits, then DH will need to be rebalanced to account for this.
    • Moderately safe? That's fine, as long as there's some way to play around it. Being 100% unhookable with a single sabo or being able to completely guarantee a flashlight save? That needs fixing.
    • Playing your absolute best and feeling like you lost because of your choice of killer/being sent to a specific map isn't fun.

    This response made my day today ❤️

  • Unfortunately people took it way too seriously.

    Sigh. I just wish that we could all get along, be nicer to each other and work towards a game that is fun for everyone. Right now the mindset on the forums is so incredibly partisan that it's hard to get anything done.

  • DBD community back at again with insightful post that are totally hilarious and intellectual

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2721099#Comment_2721099

    Unfortunately people took it way too seriously.

    Sigh. I just wish that we could all get along, be nicer to each other and work towards a game that is fun for everyone. Right now the mindset on the forums is so incredibly partisan that it's hard to get anything done.

    Literally no one is being mean when they just ask for us vs them to end. Threads like this are so common and it drives everyone insane.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2721152#Comment_2721152

    Literally no one is being mean when they just ask for us vs them to end. Threads like this are so common and it drives everyone insane.

    The posts I was referring to were removed it seems. Someone was making comments about how playing a killer means you are a bad person IRL.

  • @SvarturSteinn said:

    I'll give you a few easy examples to get started;

    Dead Hard is a perfectly balanced perk.

    CoH takes too long to bless a totem.

    NOED is unfair because it rewards no skill.

    Survivor mains don’t believe any of what you listed…

    unless maybe they only been playing for like 2 weeks.

  • @IMhereRUN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302126/tell-me-youre-a-survivor-main-without-telling-me-youre-a-survivor-main

    Survivor mains don’t believe any of what you listed…

    unless maybe they only been playing for like 2 weeks.

    Someone hasn't read a NOED thread before. Heck, even killer mains think Np Way Out is the "skillful" NOED despite only one of them giving passive guaranteed value. You learn DBD players are lowkey sussy bakas within 2 weeks of playing, but that NOED torment never goes away, fam.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2721301#Comment_2721301

    Someone hasn't read a NOED thread before. Heck, even killer mains think Np Way Out is the "skillful" NOED despite only one of them giving passive guaranteed value. You learn DBD players are lowkey sussy bakas within 2 weeks of playing, but that NOED torment never goes away, fam.

    I get what you’re getting at. But the fact remains, all these people spamming “Nerf NOED” threads the last few years are just new.

    The majority of survivor mains KNOW that killers that choose NOED are just regaining momentum they lost during the gen-state of the trial from the multiple survivor 2nd chance perks used. The majority of survivor mains KNOW that Dead Hard is busted AF, which is why it’s seen used in at least 3 survivors per game. Not all survivor mains are totally negating the truth that they indeed have it very easy.

1 2 ›