Dbd finally has some competition?

So I got "Hacked" on DBD a couple weeks ago (since I can't use the actual term without my post being deleted for some reason) and decided to pick up a couple of different games due to my frustration, side note: I can play DBD again so now I've been switching between a few different games.

The games I've been playing are Propnight and VHS and I'll admit that I've had tons of fun they are both great games, I was wondering for those of you who tried them both, How do you think they stack up to DBD? Dbd is the OG and nobody can take that away, but I feel like there are a few aspects those other games nailed that Dbd is missing out on, in my opinion when you go back to dbd after playing those for a couple weeks straight it gets boring after a few matches and makes you wanna switch it up more often, this community is like a soured elderly person that gets pissed about anything and everything at this point and I really think the opposite about the other games it seems like nobody takes those games as serious as they do dbd, the fun has been sucked away by both sides of the community always being upset and finding a ridiculous reason to ######### on someone. Do you think these other games will ever be a real competitor for DBD? What would you bring from the other games to improve DBD?

Comments

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720018#Comment_2720018

    Perhaps @Simfeliz doesn't want to listen to 12 year olds screaming and munching potato chips into their mics. Seems quite reasonable to me.

    Believe it or not but there's a mute button just imagine lacking enough common sense to realize that. But just imagine a game not having comm features because you're antisocial and you don't know how to talk to people

  • @DropdeadPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720049#Comment_2720049

    Believe it or not but there's a mute button just imagine lacking enough common sense to realize that. But just imagine a game not having comm features because you're antisocial and you don't know how to talk to people

    Is that what you tell people as you slurp your soda then burp down the mic?

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720060#Comment_2720060

    Is that what you tell people as you slurp your soda then burp down the mic?

    Hey stuff happens so you're triggered that humans are human lol I refuse to take you seriously

  • @DropdeadPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720049#Comment_2720049

    Believe it or not but there's a mute button just imagine lacking enough common sense to realize that. But just imagine a game not having comm features because you're antisocial and you don't know how to talk to people

    Well arent you a darling. I'm sure you are just a peach to play with and against <3

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    Propnight is the kiddie version of DBD😂

    It has proxy chat, better escape mechanics, diverse killer powers, more balanced maps, higher reward chests and a healthier community. It's just more fun.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718904#Comment_2718904

    It has proxy chat, better escape mechanics, diverse killer powers, more balanced maps, higher reward chests and a healthier community. It's just more fun.

    Toxic kiddos spamming farts and EZ button. I forgot to mute people so i literally had someone eating their mic and telling us that his friend was going to kill us and he's toxic. Made very weird annoying ear hurting sounds. Bad matchmaking. Janky animations. Killers have been ripped off from other games at least look wise. Once you end up in the chair there is no escaping it you get tunneled back instant. Skill check system is horrible. You can't hear the killer coming until its right next to you. I could go on and on. The game has flaws..a lot of them. Its on alpha stage and shouldnt have been released.

    Is it fun. Sure for an hour. After that it gets stale. Is it good DBD is getting competition. Hell yeah. It forces DBD to improve.

    edit: just for stuff..

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720077#Comment_2720077

    Toxic kiddos spamming farts and EZ button. I forgot to mute people so i literally had someone eating their mic and telling us that his friend was going to kill us and he's toxic. Made very weird annoying ear hurting sounds. Bad matchmaking. Janky animations. Killers have been ripped off from other games at least look wise. Once you end up in the chair there is no escaping it you get tunneled back instant. Skill check system is horrible. You can't hear the killer coming until its right next to you. I could go on and on. The game has flaws..a lot of them. Its on alpha stage and shouldnt have been released.

    Is it fun. Sure for an hour. After that it gets stale. Is it good DBD is getting competition. Hell yeah. It forces DBD to improve.

    edit: just for stuff..

    The matchmaking doesn't really matter because the game is more reliant on stealth than dropping obstacles. I mean let's not pretend MMR works in DBD either. Ripoffs don't matter and that's crocodile tears. That's something someone from Behavior corporate would complain about. For gamers it's not our problem, and DBD literally lofts killers from other IPs so you're not complaining about uniqueness, you're complaining about legalism that no one cares about. I'm not convinced they even did that wrong.

    There is far less tunneling and slugging than DBD and everyone has automatic unbreakable and ruin so there's balancing for both sides built in. The lower TR is balanced by the fact you can literally flip a corner and turn into a rock. Skill checks give warnings and reward the player with gold and therefore more useful items. Sprint meter front loads your ability to escape. Also, you can stun the killer with a boop which requires skill most of the time. Gameplay wise, it sounds like you didn't give it a chance.

    The comms make it more fun. Spamming EZ is better than teabagging and it helps you find them. But, since the community is better, they are often just for fun. Once I put a Kate in a chair and she farted - had me rolling I gotta say. Other times survivors just joke with each other. And SWFs are more respectful when they hear a human bean on the other end.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720086#Comment_2720086

    The matchmaking doesn't really matter because the game is more reliant on stealth than dropping obstacles. I mean let's not pretend MMR works in DBD either. Ripoffs don't matter and that's crocodile tears. That's something someone from Behavior corporate would complain about. For gamers it's not our problem, and DBD literally lofts killers from other IPs so you're not complaining about uniqueness, you're complaining about legalism that no one cares about. I'm not convinced they even did that wrong.

    There is far less tunneling and slugging than DBD and everyone has automatic unbreakable and ruin so there's balancing for both sides built in. The lower TR is balanced by the fact you can literally flip a corner and turn into a rock. Skill checks give warnings and reward the player with gold and therefore more useful items. Sprint meter front loads your ability to escape. Also, you can stun the killer with a boop which requires skill most of the time. Gameplay wise, it sounds like you didn't give it a chance.

    The comms make it more fun. Spamming EZ is better than teabagging and it helps you find them. But, since the community is better, they are often just for fun. Once I put a Kate in a chair and she farted - had me rolling I gotta say. Other times survivors just joke with each other. And SWFs are more respectful when they hear a human bean on the other end.

    Uhhu...i guess we can agree to disagree on this one :) Just because you like it and find it all that some of us dont. It will have the same toxicity in the end you just have to come across them. I played it enough to get bored and if i get bored less than in 2 hours i know i wont like the game.

    Why i brought up the killers being rip off from other games /movies whatever else is because there are games that have gotten issues later on and what happened to the games? Yeah.. But i do hope propnight improves and becomes better i really do. I would like it to be a game i can chill in for an hour here and there.

    Only thing that made me laugh was turning into random items.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720111#Comment_2720111

    Uhhu...i guess we can agree to disagree on this one :) Just because you like it and find it all that some of us dont. It will have the same toxicity in the end you just have to come across them. I played it enough to get bored and if i get bored less than in 2 hours i know i wont like the game.

    Why i brought up the killers being rip off from other games /movies whatever else is because there are games that have gotten issues later on and what happened to the games? Yeah.. But i do hope propnight improves and becomes better i really do. I would like it to be a game i can chill in for an hour here and there.

    Only thing that made me laugh was turning into random items.

    Why i brought up the killers being rip off from other games /movies whatever else is because there are games that have gotten issues later on and what happened to the games?

    Oh yeah I see what you're saying. No sense investing time into something that's going to get sniped by lawyers.

1 2 ›