A Survivor Who Now Understands

I've been a survivor main for over 2 years. For background, I tend to average out at Gold each season, prefer the sneaky, Gen Jocky approach and never bring keys or flashlights as I don't really enjoy that playstyle. I play Killer occasionally to mix things up but usually only a few rounds a season. Recently, I completely most of the survivor objectives on the latest tome and thought I would dive back into Killer for a more extended period of time.

Dear god.... Guys, as a low grade Killer, this game is absolutely miserable now. I'm regularly paired up with high grade survivors who are able to coordinate flashlight saves, sabos, body blocks and display their love for the game by rapidly crouching in the killers face. It's truly unfun. More importantly, I now understand why Killers do the things we hate; tunnel, camp hooks and so on. I felt myself drawn to that playstyle just to get some kind of small win out of the misery. I also get why it takes so much longer to get a game as a survivor at night. I know that there are ways for good killers to counter this behavior but the road to getting there is pretty miserable and it's much easier to just switch back to survivor and wait to have fun.

To be clear, I'm not expecting 4Ks every time nor am I looking for a power fantasy while playing Killer. But when you put in a couple solid minutes into chasing someone, allowing the other 3 survivors to do gens, that should give you some progress. The risky flashlight save or bold sabo in a single queue game creates truly memorable moments but 4 survivor friends working together to simultaneously body block, blind and sabo, resetting all the work you've just put in might have those friends cackling with delight but is enough to make any Killer baby just stop playing.

In the meantime, I'm trying to unlock perks that can counter the worst of it so I can have fun while I get better but is this really the game we want to be playing? I cannot believe I'm saying this but I think Behavior should remove flashlights as a test like they have for other mechanics in the past and see what happens. I know there are many who love this playstyle but I have a feeling that removing them or at least removing some of the more potent add-ons will bring the game much closer to where it is intended. Baby Killers will feel less bullied and Survivors who prefer this style of play will still have options in Perks and Firecrackers.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @PlaysByShady said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2717956#Comment_2717956

    Technically yes, but not equally guilty. There are levels.

    I often see killers who are conscious about tunnelling and camping (i.e. avoiding it deliberately). I've yet to come across any survivors who even acknowledge faults on their side, let alone play to avoid it.

    I often see killers giving hatch and escapes, just for the sake of it. I very rarely see survivors giving the killers any free hooks, even for bbq stacks when everyone's chucked in cakes, etc - not saying it never happens, but it's an exceptionally rare event.

    Almost every time a new killer comes out, we see the survivors crying that they're OP somehow... they have no counter-play, blah blah blah. Yet when survivor perks are released that are OP and literally have no counter-play (boon totems... grants everyone healing, at double speed, and an indicator so all survivors can see where to go, all in one perk that one survivor can carry, which the killer has to somehow find and divert themselves away to stamp out, for it to only be relit again), then they're quiet. And many will go as far as to say that it's fine... on top of DS, BT, and all the other 2nd chance perks they need.

    The two sides are not the same.

    Years ago about 1/5 killers give you the hatch. Now it’s about 1/100 or less

  • She plays easy mode. Ignore her.

  • @oliviaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718224#Comment_2718224

    killers will play against ONE top mmr swf and assume the entire player base is that and want all survivors nerfed to the ground. if killers played solo queue (especially prior to mmr), they would know how much of a trainwreck those games are and that it's basically u versus 4 killers

    You don't even play killer. Why are you commenting?

  • I find killer easy, maybe just sadistic I guess.

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2717960#Comment_2717960

    Years ago about 1/5 killers give you the hatch. Now it’s about 1/100 or less

    1/100 is still galaxies above how many survivors I've seen give kill in any non-farm/dc match.

    Which is 0. In 4 years I have yet to see it once because the killer had a bad game.

1 2 ›