Can somebody help me understand Spirits philosophy?

Before the changes I enjoyed playing as Spirit but I vilified seeing her as survivor; just seeing her Trolls hairstyle ticked me off. With the rework, I actually enjoy facing Spirit!

Idk why people aren't playing her, she is good. But one thing I dont grasp is ... what is the "point" of Spirit?

Before, her schtick was "lol you cant tell what I'm doing!" Hence the infamous "coinflip" counterplay...

But now....I actually dont know what her dealio is.

Is it to just run survivors over with sheer numbers/stats in the Spiritmobile? Because I can't seem to come up with many inspirational plays with her power. I just bulldoze my way through with addons. I'm actually scared to play her with no addons because itll probably reveal how boosted I am.

I'm not complaining, I think shes fun but she seems like shes just Wraiths cooler cousin so ai figured I'd come here and ask for some enlightenment. Idk if I'm just a simpleton or if others just kinda play her the same way I do.

Comments

  • Her and Wraith play completely differently. Not sure why they both get comparisons. She plays the exact way she did before minus the stand still mind game and also having to be more mindful.

  • Never played the old version, but exercising your ears and predicting what someone's going to do seem to be the most of it.

  • @lauraa said:

    Before the changes I enjoyed playing as Spirit but I vilified seeing her as survivor; just seeing her Trolls hairstyle ticked me off. With the rework, I actually enjoy facing Spirit!

    Idk why people aren't playing her, she is good. But one thing I dont grasp is ... what is the "point" of Spirit?

    Before, her schtick was "lol you cant tell what I'm doing!" Hence the infamous "coinflip" counterplay...

    But now....I actually dont know what her dealio is.

    Is it to just run survivors over with sheer numbers/stats in the Spiritmobile? Because I can't seem to come up with many inspirational plays with her power. I just bulldoze my way through with addons. I'm actually scared to play her with no addons because itll probably reveal how boosted I am.

    I'm not complaining, I think shes fun but she seems like shes just Wraiths cooler cousin so ai figured I'd come here and ask for some enlightenment. Idk if I'm just a simpleton or if others just kinda play her the same way I do.

    Yep, it's the spiritmobile with add-ons and just beating them with numbers now. She lost a lot of tricks and plays and turned into a very ordinary M1 killer with a catch-up power.

  • @GannTM said:

    Her and Wraith play completely differently. Not sure why they both get comparisons. She plays the exact way she did before minus the stand still mind game and also having to be more mindful.

    That's kinda what I mean. There is no stand still mind game, so what's left, really? You bodyblock, make a prediction based off of cues and overpower survivors with sheer speed. Idk what else I'm really supposed to do with her. Am I overthinking it, or is that all she's meant to do now? I don't mean to compare her with Wraith, as they definitely do play differently, but I can't help but feel they share the "bodyblock and go fast" idea. That's where the similarities begin and end, kinda like Bubba and Leatherface.

    I'm not complaining, I enjoy her for what she is.