DC bans for lagging out
today I was playing dbd when the power went out. I came back after resetting our breaker and I was banned for 6 hours it's kinda upsetting that I got punished for noting and now I can't play all day is there a way I can prevent this from happing again because it's really upsetting or maybe they can make it so the game knows you lagged out
Comments
It is literally impossible for the servers to know the difference between 'I lagged out', 'I crashed' or 'I manually closed the game in a fit of rage'.
All 3 are 'The player's connection stopped responding' to the game, and it's not possible to do otherwise.
Also, if you got 6 hours: You either have allot of 'lag outs' & you're ruining the matches of 4 other people each time. Or you were rage-quitting allot before it happened. So it's not '6 hours for no reason' because the starting punishment is 5 minutes.
First one is 5 minutes so you deserve that dirty quitter. 6 hours is 4th of 5th disconnect on The last 12 hours. To Dolce The problem is to play games to The end and not disconnect.
Not actually true for at least one of those they could definitely tell if you left using the quit game button. Also most if not all the valid criticism DC penalties get would be answered if they added a reconnect feature, as long as it isn't abusable that is.
I figured using the quit button was a given, so I did not mention it.
For literally every other way you can leave a match (accidental or not); the game has no way of knowing what it was: Power goes out. Router resets. PC crashes. Alt-F4. Right-click & 'close program'. Ctrl-alt-delete. Cat steps on your surge protector. Etc. etc.
None of those are any different from each other at the code/connection level; they are all just 'You are gone'. In fact; a player can make any of them happen manually. Which means people asking for 'a way to tell disconnects from ragequits' are asking for BHVR to code a game that can read human intent.
Yeah I know all that I thought when you said "I manually closed the game in a fit of rage" I thought you meant using the quit game button but again all those problems would be solved by a reconnect feature. If they don't reconnect by the time the game is over then they get the penalty, ez
The problem being; Someone could DC to prevent being picked up or hooked, then reconnect a minute later so their friend could save them.
Or, if the Killer can hook DC'd players, then someone who had a legit crash could return to struggling on their second hook, or even be dead, because their husk was farmed.
Reconnecting just does not work in DBD. It's not a drop-in/drop-out kind of game.
I mean husk would work fine just have it go to the nearest locker and don't trigger an afk timer on them and give the rest of the players in the game some kind of notification they got disconnected. If they crashed during a chase then tough, at least gives the killer hook points and survivors the possibility of unhook points and the person who dced a chance to come back and play out the match so they won't get the dc ban and lose their points from the game.
I fail to see how it'd be a bad thing in any way honestly. It wouldn't be an ideal situation sure but it's still a massive improvement over the current system.