Certified Dead Hard Validation Moment
So what happens in this video happens kinda fast so I'll break down what happens. I use my slam to go in for a rush attack, because the Feng was bottlenecking herself in a alley with a pallet at the end. When I reach the Feng, she uses Dead Hard, and my attack passes through here to hit the pallet. The pallet breaks and her dead hard continues to go through it as it is in the middle of breaking.
I am still dumbfounded about this. This kind of stuff should not be able to happen, and reinforces that DH validation needs another re-tooling.
Comments
Why not? Ive already seen Blights hitting pallets while survivors were hugging the wall without DH. Doesnt seem that strange at all.
Huh?
'Something else is funny with another element of the game' is not the same as 'this thing is fine'.
Yeah, it's silly. What's even more annoying is when you tentacle smack someone on Nemesis when they drop a pallet, they DH at the perfect moment and neither survivor nor pallet take damage.
There's no validation happening here, validation only comes into play if you actually hit the survivor on your screen. She DHs before your swing reaches her even on your screen, upon which her hitbox disappears, so your swing registers on the only valid target, the pallet, breaking it, letting the rest of her DH dash continue forward instead of getting blocked by the pallet.
You may be right, but I still think this was supremely stupid.
Dead Hard can make for silly scenarios like that, it's an exceptionally silly perk anyway because it is a literal exception for which they created a wholly new game action. In the past this action was even affected by generic action speed modifiers, so Resilience and Spine Chill made it "faster", effectively shortening its duration, and its unique, hitbox-disabling i-frames still lead to funny/BS interactions of course. Its speed curve also scales from the actual movement speed, which in the past allowed people to fly off if they actuated it during a hit sprint, and now still makes it so actuating DH when slowed down (fall stagger, Hindered) will have funny results, while doing so when sped up (Haste) increases its reach slightly.
DHing into a pallet like this is a good play, but it can end in a scenario where the vault prompt is blocked for the survivor by the killer collision, so they are trapped and get downed anyway. Blight's rush lunge is a bit special, pretty sure its damage cone is different from a regular lunge and so it will probably scan for the pallet behind the DHing survivor even if you steer it right into the survivor. But I do have one tip for you: You want to wait until the last possible moment before actually swinging during rushes. You likely already know this, but it will secure hits survivors can otherwise potentially dodge. If you slow down this clip of yours, you can see that your "Attack" prompt disappears well before you'd have to actuate it; if you had waited until you are closer and to see whether she actually goes into the vault, you would have likely been able to play around her DH, either hitting her late, bouncing again to then hit her, or at least blocking her into that corner.
Either way, this was caused by DH, not validation, and that's a point I would generally want to make: Hit validation is good and fair and it should be implemented for every interaction, it's DH that's problematic.
I see what you mean about playing around DH, but in general that's really not an option right now. I have had so many instances where I'm directly on top of someone, and I do a basic, non-lunge attack. I hear the hit sound, I hear them scream, but lo and behold they're lunged forward and taken no damage. Even the safest possible plays you can make against DH can just be negated rn.
Dead Hard was changed in that patch. Blight used to be able to swing through Dead Hard, since he had so muxh momentum and speed.
Now it will cancel his lunge as if he hit something.
Blight can still swing through Dead Hard. Again, hit validation only applies if the killer actually hits the survivor on their own screen, which is only possible if they do so before they see the survivor DH. In the past those instances would have simply resulted in the survivor ending up "Exhausted on the ground", the killer player would never see them DH in the first place, at most they saw them teleport once already on the ground. The instances where in the past killers hit survivors through DH by "riding" on their back during the dash still exist now just like they did then, for those same timings.
Here is one example clip showcasing as much:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk62trjhAbU