Midwich school map has a new problem?!

I noticed something when I was playing killer for the past days on this map. Where the hell are all hooks?! Why there are so few of them suddenly? I am not kidding, I had situation where on the top floor, like half of the floor didn't have a hook. Or sometimes in the first floor there is like one hook in the middle and then one half of the lower floor of the map has no hooks at all?! I allready lost a Survivor because of it (and I had Agitation perk lol). And no, not because I killed someone on the hook there. And no, not because of Survivors offerings.

I never had this issue before. It feels like it was suddenly changed without notice.

Comments

  • Yeah that map is notorious for having garbage hook spawns which I noticed after running Breakout and Saboteur. Sabotage one hook and he can't reach anything most of the time anyway. There's like sides of the map where there's two nearby but some sides just have no hooks vicinity.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I noticed something when I was playing killer for the past days on this map. Where the hell are all hooks?! Why there are so few of them suddenly? I am not kidding, I had situation where on the top floor, like half of the floor didn't have a hook. Or sometimes in the first floor there is like one hook in the middle and then one half of the lower floor of the map has no hooks at all?! I allready lost a Survivor because of it (and I had Agitation perk lol). And no, not because I killed someone on the hook there. And no, not because of Survivors offerings.

    I never had this issue before. It feels like it was suddenly changed without notice.

    That's me as killer...

    But oh nooo... the killer i Verse has a billion goddamn hooks right NEXT TO EACHOTHER

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I noticed something when I was playing killer for the past days on this map. Where the hell are all hooks?! Why there are so few of them suddenly? I am not kidding, I had situation where on the top floor, like half of the floor didn't have a hook. Or sometimes in the first floor there is like one hook in the middle and then one half of the lower floor of the map has no hooks at all?! I allready lost a Survivor because of it (and I had Agitation perk lol). And no, not because I killed someone on the hook there. And no, not because of Survivors offerings.

    I never had this issue before. It feels like it was suddenly changed without notice.

    I have seen a few threads about this very topic here in the last couple of days, so it seems to be some new-ish problem with the hook spawns on certain maps.

    Mitwich is the biggest offender, I regularly have problems there, but I also had a Grim Pantry match this week were I nearly got a 4K, but I couldn`t physically reach any hook at all! I downed one survivor at an exit gate and walked her as far towards the hook as I could. She wriggled off, ran to the exit gate, I downed her some 10m earlier, lugged her all over to the hook, she wriggles off, I catch her again. The third time, I come within a sliver of hooking her, ie I already see the hooking notification, but she wriggles off a final time and this time can vault some stuff and make enough distance to escape. I am not salty that I didn't get a 4K, mind you, but when the hook spawns are that busted that you cant hook a survivor on an outdoor map, without any interference from anyone else, three times in a row, then something is sus.

    When The Eyrie was new I also noticed that the hooks spawned very few and far appart. If felt like work finding a hook and getting there just in time, but things have perked up on that map and of late it doesnt feel that bad anymore.

    So I got the hook spawn problem on this maps: Midwich, Grim Pantry, The Eyrie.

  • It has always been an issue because bhvr doesn't code for vertical distances. Basically hooks can spawn on either floor but won't stack on top of each other because the game thinks they are too close despite the actual distance away from each other. Get unlucky and have all the hooks spawn on the same floor and now an entire hallway has no hooks.

  • One thing I find is that if a hook spawns in the edge of the courtyard, the game thinks it's good to go and there's a hook in that area, so it neglects to place hooks in the adjacent hallways. This is okay for the two sides of the courtyard with entrances (albeit it can still be problematic on occasion), but for the other two sides, it is impossible to reach that hook from the adjacent first floor hallway and you get deadzones.

  • Meanwhile I had 2 hooks on shack side on suffo pit.

    But yeah, Midwich (even though it's my favourite map) can be tough regarding hooks. They're placed pretty inpractical I'd say.